Default [T#184] Testserver Patch Discussion

Cheers,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

What i would like to read in the coming Patch Notes is :
    Le's automatically disable by Aktivate Woc.

Can someone tell me what the changes were that were made to the vehicle rule set and to what it was reverted?

Here are the Patch Notes for T#181, T#182 and T#183. These threads will give you all of the changes to be found in R#181 when it launches Soon™.

As of T#184, as previously stated, the vehicle rule set is back to the current retail state of R#180 (no changes).
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks Trivaldi!

Thank you very much for listening to the community feedback on this issue, guys!

As for this patch, what will/should the "tweaks to interpolation" do? Does that have something to do with the occasional 'black band' graphic bugs, or is it something to optimize fps?
    [Terra] Jake Armitage / Scott Grathius

"Reality sucks; that's why people play games."

Hey, unfortunately i/we still got some micro-warps, but they are far from what we were used to see on Titan (as a result of the lowered runspeed i guess)
    Apart from the overall class balance it feels much more like NC1, but maybe there's a possibility to lower/wipeout those micro-warps....they are still a little pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanox View Post
    As for this patch, what will/should the "tweaks to interpolation" do? Does that have something to do with the occasional 'black band' graphic bugs, or is it something to optimize fps?
    Player character positioning.

Previously people would flick from one spot to the next, especially when interacting with terrain (the infamous clipping 'playstyle'). Recent changes have aimed to smooth the apparent movement of runners on other player's clients so they follow what the other person is doing more closely.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

How did the testing go? I did manage to get onto the TS but was reasonably late before I got on and there didn't seem to be anyone about.

Oh, and following up on something a number of people had brought up in the T#182 discussion thread. Is the leg breaking still occurring exceptionally easily (very short falls etc) and taking a very long time to recover?
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy