Thread: Remove Nanites?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remove Nanites?

I think removing nanites might be good for the game. Noone uses any nanites besides the heal tool anyway.

There was simply no real point in nerfing the noob heal and replacing it with nanites back when 2.3 came. The heal has a few conveniences though.
    1) You dont need to have ammo, you dont have to reload.
    2) If you use a heal anyway, it makes more sense to go for other low lvl psi stuff like shields/dmg boost/buffs)
    3) It lasts longer, which kind of makes sense, since 2.3 made everyone's health pool a lot larger.

You would obviously have to give Tanks their Psi back, which also makes sense, since they are the only class in the game that can not skill whatever they want.

In addition to this, I think it would be great to buff low level PPU spells, to make it viable for people to skill/setup in that direction. For that you would have to sacrifice some of your offence, hence you wouldn't be as effective with a ppu buttplug as someone who didnt put any effort in ppu. As reward, you would have it easier to solo pve and pvp.

This would encourage people to not run around with the same setup and playstyle as everyone else, and make the game a bit more exciting in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    I think removing nanites might be good for the game. Noone uses any nanites besides the heal tool anyway.

There was simply no real point in nerfing the noob heal and replacing it with nanites back when 2.3 came. The heal has a few conveniences though.
    1) You dont need to have ammo, you dont have to reload.
    2) If you use a heal anyway, it makes more sense to go for other low lvl psi stuff like shields/dmg boost/buffs)
    3) It lasts longer, which kind of makes sense, since 2.3 made everyone's health pool a lot larger.

You would obviously have to give Tanks their Psi back, which also makes sense, since they are the only class in the game that can not skill whatever they want.

In addition to this, I think it would be great to buff low level PPU spells, to make it viable for people to skill/setup in that direction. For that you would have to sacrifice some of your offence, hence you wouldn't be as effective with a ppu buttplug as someone who didnt put any effort in ppu. As reward, you would have it easier to solo pve and pvp.

This would encourage people to not run around with the same setup and playstyle as everyone else, and make the game a bit more exciting in my opinion.
    Imo, I like the idea of nanites, but there should be tradeoffs for which to use, nanites or psi. Low level PPU stuff needs a buff eventually for sure though.

Resist and antibuff nanite should go.

Tanks shouldnt have heal back, the extra INT was great an with the new aim caps is also necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    I do not think this goal can be achieved by taking away the only other option for buffs & debuffs apart from PSI.

It would be better to fix what is broken regarding the nanites.

Nanite debuffs should work properly and resist nanites too.

With the runspeed nerfs spies are going to need nannites to work even more now than before. Apus too if anyone plays them to fight with. If anything nannites should be made better not removed.

A simpler system of nannite application and duration and benefit would be great. Resistance caps would go a long way towards helping this also. So we could compare shields and nannites side by side. I think that psi shields should always be the preferred option to buff yourself as otherwise ppus get the nerf but nannites should be bread and butter for spies and apus.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I am all for the removal. I think it makes gameplay too obfuscated, too complicated. Especially for new players, Neocron is hard enough to understand as it is. Personally I prefer less quickbelt action.

Quietly hopes for a Shelter comeback too...
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    Quietly hopes for a Shelter comeback too...
    I would LOVE a reversion to the old shields. i always liked that you couldn't shield vs poison too.

Here is how I see it. (SPY)

I really like the idea behind the nanites, but they are just to laborious to use during PVP. Because of this inflexibility I think the nanites might be well suited for PVE. However a little less complicated application of nanites should still be considered.

In my opinion PSI is more suited for PVP since it is easier to buff yourself and you are simply more flexible. Low TL PSI modules (Heal+Shields) could use a small buff, yet they should not be as powerful as nanites.
    I like the idea of the shelter being reintroduced!

If I had to choose between the two IŽd personally prefer PSI over Nanites.

Personally I would make nannites give a % buff reduction of damage. Make this dependent on TL and make it scalable compared to a tank's resists (factoring in the fact that tanks don't stealth). Make the nannites available to APUs and Spies both (keep the INT based requirement essentially) and give both of these classes a tool that gives them scalable but comparable resists to a tank in his armour with a good con set up.

For example the top end nannite tools give a 15% resist in one damage type or 2x 5% resists in two (like the shields do but not skill based purely req based). Then I would do away with all of these 12 shots of nannites shit, it is just confusing. I would make it so that you can have 2 shots of resist nannites and one shot of heal nannites running at any one time. So in this example a player could go for 1 shot of Pierce and one shot of Energy resistance at 15% a piece and one shot of healing. Or they can go for 5% across four damage types (leaving 2 for their resists - always a weakness).

That is how I would like to see it ideally. Simple and easy to understand/implement.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quietly hopes for a Shelter c+omeback too...
    /agree

Remove nanites, remove protector and co. and shelter comeback!
    - BFC/BlacKHanD (Jupiter), US (Mars), RAF (Uranus) -

The REAL Walker

I really do not see the problem with the current 3 shields vs. the 2 old.. But then Again, I dont play PPU

And no, do not remove nanites.
    Just make them....better..
    Longer duration would help quite a lot - and would by far be the easiest change to make, I think.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I really do not see the problem with the current 3 shields vs. the 2 old.. But then Again, I dont play PPU
    Then give us more hotbars. I'll even go the SWTOR route and pay money for 'em! If you include the extra shield AND de-buff that PPUs now have to do, well, I'm not exactly playing Starcraft here.
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

Then give us more hotbars. I'll even go the SWTOR route and pay money for 'em! If you include the extra shield AND de-buff that PPUs now have to do, well, I'm not exactly playing Starcraft here.
    I don't like having to pay for ingame things with real money..... but I would love to be able to hold a bind-able modifier key and have a second hotbar be used. You'd then have 20 slots to play with. The extra space could be used to expand nanites and things too. I'd love faster acting drugs with no flash but other penalties. For instance, a 10 second drug that halves your hp and resists, but makes you run and jump crazy fast, things like that. Or a drug that makes you take half dmg (not +50 percent resists, just half actual dmg) for 10 seconds, but causes you to take double dmg for 10 seconds after that. Effects like this shouldn't be too hard to code and would give combat a lot more fun options.

Sektenspinner aus Leidenschaft hajoan's Avatar

Nanites were added when a lot of Players used the Spy for Droners and Traders only.

My Tank were nerfed in the past.
    My Monk Hybrid was nerfed in the past.
    My PE was nerfed in the past.

And now look arround: Spy'o'cron.

Noone of KK left to nerf the Spys now...

PS: A second belt was asked before from the Community for the PPUs 7-8 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast