Default PVP Video Plaza 2 screw around

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct sum forum but looks as good as any! Filmed some Plaza 2 fights and just wanted to post them. I am going to start filming op wars too. Please don't mid the atrocious editing (Or lack of I should say) and bad tracks, it's hard to find music that youtube won't flag.

Let the good times roll.

First, nice video! What program did you use to capture? And did you need to modify any of the NC settings so that you could record efficiently?

Second, +1 for keeping a flashlight in the quickslot. -1 for finding songs with nice beats but cruddy lyrics :P

Lastly, It'll be nice to reminisce in the future about the runspeed in neocron patch #179. Good to have videos of it to keep on record to show new/old players how fast paced the game used to be.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

your movement speed looks like pain in the ass xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshifty View Post
    First, nice video! What program did you use to capture? And did you need to modify any of the NC settings so that you could record efficiently?

Second, +1 for keeping a flashlight in the quickslot. -1 for finding songs with nice beats but cruddy lyrics :P

Lastly, It'll be nice to reminisce in the future about the runspeed in neocron patch #179. Good to have videos of it to keep on record to show new/old players how fast paced the game used to be.
    Thanks,

I used FRAPS. Think it's the latest version. No special settings for NC. Just start FRAPS and let er rip. I usually have 90 fps but sometimes it goes to 60 when I use FRAPS. Next vid will be edited better with better music. Think this was a mix of pvp from old patch and new.

happily awaiting #183

then we will have some real pvp again (hopefully)

Hmm.. think i've got a couple of clips of Laiszlesnesses or something like that biting the dust.. And that's solo, not ppu/spy/whatever assisted

Dxtory is a good alternative to Fraps btw if you guys considering recording

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    Hmm.. think i've got a couple of clips of Laiszlesnesses or something like that biting the dust.. And that's solo, not ppu/spy/whatever assisted

Dxtory is a good alternative to Fraps btw if you guys considering recording
    I'll have to try Dxtory. My only complaint with FRAPS is that the recordings are huge. Let it run a couple minutes and you will easily be up to a couple gigs.

Bandicam. Videos come out much smaller and it's pretty much the same as fraps.

Nice video, makes me want to roll a toon on Titan and start playing again. It's like the early beta days where there was more emphasis on reflexes and good movement, characters felt more augmented.

Oh and lol @ using Diplo's pet project Riff Raff for the music. I've actually met this guy on Holy Ship and besides being a complete oddball of a rapper he's a total ADHD freak..
    Phatness is a virtue...

best part about this vid is the melee PE
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    happily awaiting #183

then we will have some real pvp again (hopefully)
    Pvp gets harder and all of a sudden it's not real?

Adapt and overcome.

i dont think its harder although the current environment does encourage more cheating
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    the current environment does encourage more cheating
    How? Admins are more on top of cheating now than since the game started.

The current environment does more to encourage whining about cheating.

The worst apart of pvp at the moment is the lack of honour (for lack of a better word), maybe I'm just remembering the good times and ignoring the bad in my mind but I remember the pepper park battles people having fun! mostly as they would stay till the end then any ppu that happened to be around would rezz them so they could fight again. Instead of this we have plaza battles where theres 6 people with a ppu against 1 guy (even if he's level /30) and the only rezz your getting is so they can kill you again to hack more belts.

I know people will say I'm whining and throw insults but the old system was better, perhaps it started when the community got smaller as people couldn't gank so people decided that places like p2 and pp would be the new places to annoy people instead of just having fun fights. It would be nice if the old system made a comeback though, then instead of needing to wait for OP fights for a proper fight people could actually have enjoyable battles in p2 that lasted instead of the current system where 1 group brings 5x the numbers, kills everybody then rezz kills them all the while screaming on OOC about how awesome they are.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    The worst apart of pvp at the moment is the lack of honour (for lack of a better word), maybe I'm just remembering the good times and ignoring the bad in my mind but I remember the pepper park battles people having fun! mostly as they would stay till the end then any ppu that happened to be around would rezz them so they could fight again. Instead of this we have plaza battles where theres 6 people with a ppu against 1 guy (even if he's level /30) and the only rezz your getting is so they can kill you again to hack more belts.

I know people will say I'm whining and throw insults but the old system was better, perhaps it started when the community got smaller as people couldn't gank so people decided that places like p2 and pp would be the new places to annoy people instead of just having fun fights. It would be nice if the old system made a comeback though, then instead of needing to wait for OP fights for a proper fight people could actually have enjoyable battles in p2 that lasted instead of the current system where 1 group brings 5x the numbers, kills everybody then rezz kills them all the while screaming on OOC about how awesome they are.
    As someone who has PVP'd in NC for quite a lot of years (and been in some of the most hated Clans in NC2's history), I completely agree with you..
    Its like people dont want to have FUN anymore.. Just kill by any Means necessary.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast