No Faid it is just something that you and the other SXR guys who post here do not like.

Get off your high horse. Everyone here knows your feelings on the matter. We have read umpteen posts about it. Other people have other opinions. If the people in the LE vehicles want to defend themselves they have the right, they remove the LE or lose the vehicle.

IF those people need to know how to make enough money to repair the vehicles then ALL they have to do is ask. Others here will gladly help them with ways of making back all of that money. TL 150 res cubes for example are one way of making money. Selling tronik parts with a barterer is another.

This experience is passed down from runner to runner as new people join. It makes the world a more exciting place. The wastelands should not be carebear. They should be cruel and dangerous. This change, whilst it may seem unfair at first, is a good thing. There are lots of dynamics involved in having LE and non-LE in the same rhino.

The only POSSIBLE other option to counter this is to make the vehicles invincible to all players by all players and make the damage from vehicles on players to be so minute it would be better to punch them. That is the only other fix I can see. It is probably neither realistic or possible in my opinion and so this just makes for more discussion.

However - it is going to happen because it has been discussed by the powers that be. If they decide that thats how it is then you or I have no right to say it is an exploit. It is merely a decision which you do not like. Nothing more.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I'd agree with the vehicles such as the Rhino needing a boost. Once over you needed an anti-vhc launcher to seemingly dent a rhino (IIRC), and people would raid in them regularly. I'd love to see a time in the future when vehicles played a role in pvp in such a way again. Even a reveller is next to useless these days.

In all seriousness though, new runners have an exceptionally easy time in game without the LE malus. Christ if you weren't PKed on Saturn a few times a day as a low level runner you were doing well.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    If the Devs cannot see the problem with this change then I fear we are in for more trouble than we know. I guess it's back to typical KK behaviour. sigh
    Look, we're aware of the issue and we're considering it in the wider context of how the LE should work in general. We need some time to think that through, and it isn't being forgotten or ignored.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

this should at least shut up all the anti LE'ers right... now only they can effectively use vehicles giving them there advantage over LE users?

Btw Null dmg can kill LE'd players still and its not very hard for a non LE'd or LE'd player to make their dmg considered Null

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshifty View Post
    @Mokoi
    Just yesterday I experienced the total opposite of what you said about godmode privilege. A member of a prominent CityAdmin clan who often are known for posting on these forums attacked my Rhino. The only godmode privilege I was experiencing was the fact that he was the superior person because he could blow up my vehicle. This person who was hunting in a popular zone H_12 started shooting at my rhino. Mind you, this is my first DAY ever of rhinoing on Titan (I wanted to take advantage of double xp). I enter the zone, 2 minutes later this guy is shooting my rhino because he DIDNT want me in the zone. He felt like I was stealing his mobs. Immediately as he starts shooting, I can do nothing but ask him to stop shooting me. Sure Wastelands are a dangerous place, the imbalanced mob damage makes it a dangerous place. The fact that I have to worry about greedy people who want to hog the zone is something that seems unfair. He had a godmode privilege simply because all I could do to defend myself is using the English language, in which case, I was lucky he knew this. I brought up to his attention that there are people like him which make the community SO TOXIC.
    Great, very great :P

Need a better description what paradise for grief players this vehicle patch provide ?

Even if a LE'd player could block loot ( i never experienced this in more than 7 years of playing NC^^), the new option for non-LE'd players to destroy vehicles will create a new griefers best all evening playstyle.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    No Faid it is just something that you and the other SXR guys who post here do not like.

Get off your high horse. Everyone here knows your feelings on the matter. We have read umpteen posts about it. Other people have other opinions. If the people in the LE vehicles want to defend themselves they have the right, they remove the LE or lose the vehicle.
    I am not member of SXR, and i am with Faid here - just to let you know..... :P

Who is sitting on a high horse here ?

Reed.

[offtopic removed; please keep the dev section clean and stay constructive]
    Last edited by Mokoi; 14-03-13 at 21:10. Reason: offtopic

I agree with mokoi, if we had le'd tanks back in 'nam, shooting at our unled soldiers, we would have been screwed too

Thankyou for the reply Nidhogg.

It's just so utterly frustrating to see something make its way into the game that is so obviously wrong.

Then you have people like William and the Terrarist guys screaming that this is great now that they can grief LE'd vehicles.

Sorry I snapped a bit back there, but it sometimes feels as if all of this falls on deaf ears especially when moikoi comes out and says what he said without any regard to what we've been discussing. LE'd vehicles have no recourse when attacked by UN-LE'd people. That is the bottom line and that is the problem. They're trying to fix something by breaking something else, which will really really screw up the game.

Rage less faid

Watch yourself there Arzon, don't make me climb down off my high horse

Want to get your own back? Take out the le... It's always been this way. The only alternative is stop le'd people getting into non le'd vehicles or vice versa. Great split the community even more. No I'm comig up with alternatives. Not flaming or griefing.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I have been grieved lot more by LE'd guys than by non LE'd.
    LE rhino in middle of OP fight, blocking entrances, blocking ressing etc. This will put an end to it. Wastelands are not supposed to be as secure as P1.
    Finnish Gimp

What is wrong about that idea?
    As LE you can't attack vehicles. But when you're a LE gunner of a vehicle, you can attack other vehicles and fight back.
    Any Non-LE can attack any vehicles, is okay, too.

The LE isn't protecting you're belongings, only your body.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshifty View Post
    I truly want to thank you for this. I can't tell you how much I feel like the community is shunned from important decisions that are being implemented by the DEVs. Your posts (whether I disagree or not) are what most people want to see in the Brainport forum. It's ideally the place where community can provide feedback and the DEV team can respond. So again, thanks!

Now for the topic on hand..
    I agree with you Mokoi in respect to small arms damage against a tank, which is outright the problem. The fact that a rhino(a tank) will deal ~420 damage to a firemob of 120/120 rank, gets out-done by a Creed (a rare HC cannon) ~600 damage to a firemob of 120/120 rank. In other words, if I were to go leveling in a rhino, small arms, such as the Creed will completely destroy my rhino in a matter of no time. Is that a problem? Yes. Will it be abused if the vehicle implementation takes place? Yes.

Do I feel as though this is the issue that needs to be addressed because of this implementation? -No. I feel that once again you're dropping the ball from a perspective of a new player.
    Not trying to be funny here but how does what you've said above actually relate to mokoi's point about common firearms doing too much damage to vehicles. It has nothing to do with damage against mobs.

Common firearms currently do too much damage to vehicles, therefore making it far to easy to blow up a vehicle. It should take quite some time for a single person to destroy a vehicle such as a rhino using common firearms. This would give the driver of said rhino plenty of time to drive off if needed.

I have no problem with LE'd players getting exposed to some of the game dynamics that non-LE'd players do, such as the example of someone trying to chase away other people hunting in that zone. If you were non-LE'd in a vehicle you'd have a choice try to fight (and lose as you'll not be able to aim and do enough damage to a player up close) or drive off, as an LE'd character you had the option to drive away. In both senario's the outcome is currently actually the same. Drive away or lose your vehicle.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast