Default Alternative psi monk hybrid rules

The old hybrid nerf should be removed and replaced with a different way to stop them becoming OP.

We all know how skill point cost works, after 50 it costs 2 points, after 75, 3 and after 100 it's 5. I suggest for the skills passive psi use and aggressive psi use, the point cost becomes determined from the combined total of both these skills. So if you have 60 apu and 40 ppu, this totals out to 100 and levelling either of these skills would now cost 5 skill points.

This is just a thought I had now, so feel free to point out any problems with it.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    We all know how skill point cost works, after 50 it costs 2 points, after 75, 3 and after 100 it's 5. I suggest for the skills passive psi use and aggressive psi use, the point cost becomes determined from the combined total of both these skills. So if you have 60 apu and 40 ppu, this totals out to 100 and levelling either of these skills would now cost 5 skill points.

This is just a thought I had now, so feel free to point out any problems with it.
    Ehh.. That would require the entire skill-system to be remade..
    You cant JUST do that for two skills, it is all or nothing - and I vote for nothing..
    There is plenty of other ways of making hybrids viable, without something like this.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    The old hybrid nerf should be removed and replaced with a different way to stop them becoming OP.

this doesn't make sense... what is so bad to have hybrids?

If we do that for only monks then as Dropout said we should see that also be implemented to other classes like CSTors won't be able to recycle or repair or even hack.

simply BS topic.

Setlec are you not aware there is already a very severe anti hybrid feature in NC 2.2? The more points you have in apu, the weaker your ppu spells become and the same for apu spells.

I don't want this for all skills, I don't really want it at all but I see it as a better alternative to what we've got now. The hybrid nerf we've got now is confusing and quite a few people don't even seem to know it exists. If it's true that this requires a re-write of the entire skills system and that it would be too time consuming then fine, it's not worth it. We don't know that though, only a dev could honestly comment on that.

If it's not too difficult/time consuming to remove the current anti hybrid rules and replace them with my suggestion just for the apu and ppu skills, nothing else, this is what I'd like.

This suggestion isn't really against hybrids, if anything it's for them because you'd actually be able to make one this way. Sure they wouldn't be as powerful as the old pre-nerf hybrids but they'd be more viable then they are now. Making a pure 50/50 split monk probably would still be a bad idea but you could go 70%apu, 30% ppu or 70%ppu, 30% apu without weakening your spells too much.

The REAL Walker

A MUCH easier way to do this, is just to remove the the part of the hybrid nerf, that makes apu/ppu weaker, when speccing the other.
    As the items are currently, I highly doubt that a hybrid would get overpowered (at all), with that changed back.

They simply overdid the nerf way too much with 2.2 - changes of implants and the apu/ppu thing.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

With the current state of the apu class I think you could possibly say unnerfing hybrids might actually be a step towards balancing the monk classes!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Regular patches???
    Talk of trying to make hybrids viable??

I might have to think about checking out NC again....

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    Regular patches???
    Talk of trying to make hybrids viable??

I might have to think about checking out NC again....
    You can make a PA-swapping Hybrid right now (Holy buffs/shields & fire apoc), but they're really just a crappier APU lol..
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU