Default Thoughts of a new player

Neocron 2 seems like it might be a decent game. Except
    1. I have prettey decent internet connection, yet i am somehow crashing every other zone.

2. Player base seems tiny.

3. I tried at least 4 times to get help ( asking nicely and not begging ) just wanted info about couple issues and problems. Noone answered. Not in help channel, nor even in the area where it seemed everyone was just standing around. This game seems almost like a single player game. ( with alot of running )

Welcome to the Community Warden1065!

It's always a pleasure to see new runners in our midst and we're delighted to have you on board, it saddens me to see you've not had the greatest experiences so far in game. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of a few of those here.

1. Can you go into more details? Is this a full crash to desktop you're experiencing or more losing synchronization to the game servers? Can you give us some more details; where in the world are you? do you find this issue in certain areas of the game? what operating system are you using?

2. Neocron has always been a niche game and while that is in no way a defense of populations, it should be considered that Neocron's game world is of a size designed to fit around 1,000 players. Dependent on your time zone we're currently getting over a third of that at peak. On top of that populations are steadily rising as we, the new volunteer development team, begin to improve the game over time.

3. Generally we do have a large percentage of helpful folk in game as well as elsewhere in the community, it shocks me you couldn't get the help you need right away. Other resources which always provide a route to helpful information are this very forum, our Official Neocron IRC Channel and Neocron's biggest Official Fansite the Tech Haven Network.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hey Warden, Its a shame noone helped you out when you needed it.. My experience is most people will at least give a reply over help channel. If you look or ask for a Regulator most if not all our guys will take the time to discuss anything you need to know.

If im around hit me a DM i'll sort you some gear and cash aswell as sound advice, Im not playing as much as i'd like at the moment due to relationship problems but i will keep and eye out for ya!

Stick with it, dont let a few ignorants ruin your first experiences

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

also keep in mind that sometimes the chatter from the other channels kind of push things off the screen fairly quickly. most of the vets have multiple channels going all the time so its easy to miss stuff. dont feel discouraged about that tho, usually help channel is the fastest way for help, so stick to it my dude!
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Welcome Warden.

What time zone do you play in?
    If you are on East/West coast USA times there will frequently be very few people online when you are playing.

As Trivaldi mentioned the IRC can be helpful as there are typically people in there that can help if free. I know I idle in there almost constantly and am able to talk when I am at work or tied up in IRL meetings.

Good luck let me know if you need anything. My IGN is SovKhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden1065 View Post
    1. I have prettey decent internet connection, yet i am somehow crashing every other zone.
    Autostart programs running in the background can cause these problems too for the NC client.

Start msconfig.exe and check the "Autostart" tab. Deactivate all the stuff that is not Windows or Microsoft and reboot your box.