Default Flying vehicle controls

Instead of having to position your mouse to change the angle of thrusters use the mouse for mouse view and something like,
    Q - Up, E - Down.

This will stop that crappy angle steed for forward then face planting the ground crap.

Quote Originally Posted by IanKett View Post
    Instead of having to position your mouse to change the angle of thrusters use the mouse for mouse view and something like,
    Q - Up, E - Down.

This will stop that crappy angle steed for forward then face planting the ground crap.
    If its the gliders your on about then no, because they are rocket powered gliders, they are meant to have to use foward movement + their wings to move up. The only flying machines we have that dont use that system is the carrier and bomber, what if i remember right you move the engines like a harrier jump jet so you can have verticle take off.

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    If its the gliders your on about then no, because they are rocket powered gliders, they are meant to have to use foward movement + their wings to move up. The only flying machines we have that dont use that system is the carrier and bomber, what if i remember right you move the engines like a harrier jump jet so you can have verticle take off.
    Yes it was more for the carrier and bomber, the issue was that if you wanted to maximize the acceleration you need to aim towards the ground instead of being able to manually change the position of the thrusters.

I should have have expanded my idea really, Q - to move the thrusters back and E to move them forwards which in turn would produce a more 'harrier' effect.

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    If its the gliders your on about then no, because they are rocket powered gliders, they are meant to have to use foward movement + their wings to move up.
    If it was so then it wouldn't work that you can point your nose on the ground and fly backwards to gain height.

I support Ian's idea, cause this makes flying a lot better.

If you want to go the other way then we must change it to fly like a jet so that it is always moving forward.

Agreed with the thread starter.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Heres a good fix for gliders : right-click enables free look.