Default Punish destroying allied vehicles

Simply put: Destroying allied vehicles should be punished by a SL loss and faction symp loss.

Regards

You would need to be able to see who the owner of the vehicle is and/or the faction they belong to in the info on mouse over.

Quote Originally Posted by IanKett View Post
    You would need to be able to see who the owner of the vehicle is and/or the faction they belong to in the info on mouse over.
    I've always felt that the clan/faction membership of a vehicle should be displayed while targetting a vehicle.

As to the OP, I'd probably say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Simply put: Destroying allied vehicles should be punished by a SL loss and faction symp loss.

Regards
    1) Do you mean any vechile?
    Things like Quads can be blown up in 1 shot, and people could use it to grief players by driving their quads between players and the mobs they hunt or acidently blow one up. Same goes for rhinos and other things, people could intentionally block people from farming by getting in the way or the old trick with LEd rhinos parking on corpses till loot rights are free for all and taking the stuff themselves.

2) Do you mean everywhere?
    If this happens everywhere in the world then vechiles are going to be parked around Warzone Undergrounds to block peoples movement. Someone trying to get back to their underground when they have broken legs is made so much harder with 1-2 rhino in their way. Currently anyone could just kill them to get them out the way if they are being that much of a prob. But if they got FS and SL loss they might have to try to avoid it.

3) Vechiles would need to show the owners faction now.
    Simple thing of you have no idea who any vechile belongs to until you blow it up and the people pop out, or if abandoned the you never know unless you saw them get out.
    People also tend to use Quads and Revelers as transport they can blow up at destination to reset them to the ASG in case they die and have to come back, espesially at regants, this i do dislike so would discourage it.

Being a bit of a kill joy today it seems. With only 1 reason for and several against in my own mind, i vote NO!
    Last edited by demonssword; 05-03-13 at 19:21.

I'd like to see this but I'm not confident that it would be easy to implement.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I'd be for it, if it follows the same rules as Soullight and Factionsymp Loss for Runner killing.
    Which would mean that there is no loss in Outpost Sectors for example. There are also other rulesets in the wastelands out there but I am not sure which at the moment.
    And of course it would mean you have to see where a vehicle belongs to, which would be nice to have too. I guess though, it might lead to more players destroying vehicles as they come across enemy ones.

Oh and I would vote for exception of "non destroyable" vehicles. That if you destroy a Quad or a Reveler, that has also no repair cost, there is no Drop, since there is no real loss. At the most 1 point in SL or Faction Symp if it can't be helped.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

agreed!

there should be a mechanism to prevent bored players from just randomly shoot costly vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    agreed!

there should be a mechanism to prevent bored players from just randomly shoot costly vehicles.
    There is a mechanism it's called an LE, but with the next patch it wont work anymore, so I agree with the OP loss of SL and Symp for killing allied/neutral vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    There is a mechanism it's called an LE
    The LE is not intended to be a mechanism for that (what makes perfect sense), as the defs stated.

But I am tired of replying to your constant moaning about every vehicle-LE-carebear-issue. So this will be the last post now regarding that matter.

Don't make this personal. Stay on topic.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ťI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ť

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

First off, I agree with the OP, if the patch does go through with the new change in vehicle mechanics (which I am strongly against - refer to 182 patch discussion thread), I think there should be some kind of penalty when someone of allied faction destroys your vehicle.

But I am tired of replying to your constant moaning about every vehicle-LE-carebear-issue. So this will be the last post now regarding that matter.

[Off-Topic and will probably be edited]The term "Carebear" is really just ignorant. To imply someone being a carebear is to imply they never pvp combat, and all they care about is one aspect of the game. To argue someone being a carebear makes you sound ignorant as hell, especially in a community forums. If someone doesn't know already, most people enjoy both aspects of games. The Player vs Player and Player vs Environment. Just because someone defends the aspect of PvE definitely does not call for labeling of a "carebear". The fact is in order to get to the PvP, someone (may or may not be you) will have to go through the PvE process (unless you've been GM spawned all your items.....then I don't have an answer). Otherwise your implications are uncalled for. I apologize if this seems like a personal attack, but I wish this to come off more as a public announcement.

Lastly, if we're all "carebears" on the forum, then stay off of it. There are plenty of "non-carebears" in-game you can chatter amongst. One less person flaming the community members for being a "carebear" the better.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

The LE is not intended to be a mechanism for that (what makes perfect sense), as the defs stated.

First of all the Devs havent stated anything definitive yet, we're still waiting for the explanation which Triv said would be coming soon.

Second, I'm tired of replying to your constant moaning about every PVP only griefer issue concerning LE's. So I'm glad you've decided to stop posting.

The REAL Walker

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 07-03-13 at 20:09. Reason: Spam
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

agreed!

At first: i agree with the threadstarters proposal (to minimize the damage this new rule set will imply on the game).

Very good analysis, Nabbl: Your statement is matching reality, is what really happens and/ or will happen = bored players WILL destroy vehicles, not ramdomly but with full intent. And this has nothing to do with the nice Neocron setting or cyberpunk, it's only griefing. And the LE-owner has no chance to avoid.

Faid is waiting for clearifying words, this i would appreciate, too.

Reed

There is a joke here about the LE bandwagon being blown up but I am not that sure I can make it out.

As for the thread starters suggestion. By that supposition then you would need to also implement some form of reward for the destroying of enemy faction vehicles. How would you go about this?

I am genuinely keen to hear your points of view.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"