Default Vehicles: Change small fire arms damage

It's been discussed in other threads regarding vehicles but there is no proposition for it so here we go:

The damage of small firearms and energy weapons regarding vehicles should be much lower.

For a tank like the Rhino their damage should even be neglectable. I think that a player should not be able to destroy a tank with a gatling gun, for example.

The currently available Anti-Vehicle should be the weapons to destroy vehicles, especially tanks like the Rhinos and other attack vehicles.

However, smaller vehicles like the quads should take more damage from small fire arms and they should even be destroyable.

But the bigger the vehicles get and the more armor they have this should not be possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    It's been discussed in other threads regarding vehicles but there is no proposition for it so here we go:

The damage of small firearms and energy weapons regarding vehicles should be much lower.

For a tank like the Rhino their damage should even be neglectable. I think that a player should not be able to destroy a tank with a gatling gun, for example.

The currently available Anti-Vehicle should be the weapons to destroy vehicles, especially tanks like the Rhinos and other attack vehicles.

However, smaller vehicles like the quads should take more damage from small fire arms and they should even be destroyable.

But the bigger the vehicles get and the more armor they have this should not be possible anymore.
    Agreed, this will bring back the use of anti vehicle weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post

And with this change means that people can hunt many many mobs in the wild without any fear at all, because even spiderbots, anarchy breed and copbots will do nothing to your vechile. Or some one drives up near you in a rhino and your a pistol char, who can now only run... but since your runspeed will be nurfed soon you might not even be able to get away.

The other thing people might do is park rhinos on or near undergrounds at ops to block people. I remember long long long ago this used to happen with LE'd Rhinos or 1-2 LE'd repairers just keeping the things up while sealing people who came from the underground in a bit or channeling them through a small space if they wanted to get out.

Sorry if that sounds like me being a troll, but just pointing out balance issues with a change like that.

If we look at this and the other 2 vehicle changes you've suggested, it seems to me that what you want is the ability to drive and gun a rhino, without being able to be attacked by other players. The whole idea behind a rhino is that it's supposed to be being used as part of a group, not to make it the ultimate single-player killing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    If we look at this and the other 2 vehicle changes you've suggested, it seems to me that what you want is the ability to drive and gun a rhino, without being able to be attacked by other players. The whole idea behind a rhino is that it's supposed to be being used as part of a group, not to make it the ultimate single-player killing machine.
    I remember those days.... hunting firemobs solo on my PE who could drive, gun & repair his own rhino and farm for hours getting 100s overweight and driving back to a GoGo near DOY to dump stuff and go out again for another couple of hours of rare part farming.

If we look at this and the other 2 vehicle changes you've suggested, it seems to me that what you want is the ability to drive and gun a rhino, without being able to be attacked by other players.
    I would never propose changes only for myself and for my gain. I want the game to get better for everybody, and especially for newbs.

If the Rhino stays how it is I will continue to use it anyway. I am used to the current situation and I don't mind. I always look out for runners cause I know everyone will attack a Rhino on sight and they can destroy it in 10 secs.

The reasons for therse propositions are that I thought there are weak points about the current implementation of vehicles in game.

There should be a middle ground between the current implementation and making the Rhino invincible and overpowered, and I thought anti-vehicle weapons could be one. But maybe it's too much of an change so maybe it could be left as it is so that small fire arms could destroy it too, it should only last longer than 10 secs.

The whole idea behind a rhino is that it's supposed to be being used as part of a group, not to make it the ultimate single-player killing machine.
    I haven't thought about the group subject yet, but it's an interesting point. In that case the group will have to protect the Rhino in a battle or while leveling and hunting.

I don't want it to be a single-player killing machine, but it shouldn't be destroyable that easy also.

I don't want overpowered vehicles because that's one point that I don't like in Battlefield, for example.

Maybe we can find a way to make it possible in NC that vehicles can be used properly but that they are not overpowered

Regards