*BURNER

Default New feature: Autologout after 5mins afk...

Autologout after 5mins afk... sorting out all of the afks in the levelingzones.
    i miss ya, pheebz

I'd agree with this if the timer only applies inside these levelling zones or "caves", no sense in kicking people who are afking in P1.

This is standard procedure in most games and I'd have no problem with it in NC. Even in P1, do they need to be there?

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Even in P1, do they need to be there?
    because we live there. neocron is our home. we have nowhere else to go.

Caves yes.

Other zones? I am unsure. Erring on the side of yes. I personally disagree with symp/SL auto-increasing over time, but the current system for increasing them is ill-defined/implemented.

hm would make frac and sl symp idling impossible. So we should put a weight on our WASD/arrow keys?
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    So we should put a weight on our WASD/arrow keys?
    That's another problem. A simple macro could render this pointless without some means of identifying regular patterns (which would in turn be defeated by a randomised pattern).

With regards to caves, perhaps an 'average' completion time should be found. Add 2 mins to this figure and set that as the auto-exit from the zone for anyone inside.

I'm just going to say no.

I don't want to be logged out of game because I have to go to the bathroom or go to get a drink. If I am overweight in my apartment and that happens, I get put outside in the hall instead of next to the cab, then what? I risk dropping stuff on the ground? No.

Just a simple no.

I would say NO, too.

No benefits for a game with this population/ minor server load. 5 min are much to few.

Other games may do this, yes. But this are a) games with high server loads and b) with alternative actions, if one is offline. In thios games actions are continued if you are offline (e.g. SWTOR your build actions are carried out by companions even if you are offline).

If one day server load is that high that it would make sense, we can talk about again. Let's say >80% population on each server

Reed

Easier solution, give caves there own reset timer. Once all mobs in a dungeon are dead it automatically resets in 10 minutes and everyone is booted to the entrance. This solves the problem of people blocking dungeons without creating any foreseeable problems for other aspects of the game.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Easier solution, give caves there own reset timer. Once all mobs in a dungeon are dead it automatically resets in 10 minutes and everyone is booted to the entrance. This solves the problem of people blocking dungeons without creating any foreseeable problems for other aspects of the game.
    This, definitely.
    Not being able to go afk would seriously suck, for multiple reasons..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

*BURNER

Pls stay on topic.
    i miss ya, pheebz

Quote Originally Posted by netster View Post
    Autologout after 5mins afk... sorting out all of the afks in the levelingzones.
    My point was on topic. This would sort out all the afk's in leveling dungeons. I am against the auto-logout function in general, unless the server population were to cap and AFK people were taking up valuable space but I don't think thats gonna happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by netster View Post
    Pls stay on topic.
    Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are off topic. They are proposing a different solution to the problem you posed. Either refute their solution or come back with another solution, but don't say they are off topic.

Faid. I dont like the idea of getting booted somewhere but it sounds better than beeing abused by one afk LE guy.

PS: to be honest. we wouldnt be talking about that afk problem, when there are less LE wearer in combat zones.