Thread: Rare Parts !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    So take an example of every mob has a max of 256 (simple binary number but could be 128 or something lower) different items it can drop. Now so many are taken up with Armor parts 4-5-6-7-8-9-10. Others will be Muscle Sinews or other stuff.
    So doomreaper has say 10 items from his pool taken up with armor parts, sinew and other stuffs. This leaves 246 items that can be unidendified rare parts. As each unidendified rare part is currently 1 of those items. So as far as i remember the total of rare parts not including MC5 parts is 376 (60 L-Parts, 214 T-Parts, 102 E-Parts (not including MC5)) i think. And if they can only have 246 of those, leaving 130 rare parts not being able to drop off that mob.
    That, would be the dumbest way possible.
    If who ever coded it, wasnt brain dead, then he certainly just put the rare parts into one drop list and placed a cross referenc into the mobs droplist, anything else would eat up additional server resources. So i highly doubt that theory.

And on topic: I would like a randomization on research.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    I believe he's saying mobs get their loot randomized when they spawn, not after they die.

To everyone who supports an idea, please make it clear which one you want, people are saying I like the OP's idea and then talking about the one I proposed, I wasn't the OP. The OP idea is just we keep the same system as we have now except unresseds will no longer stack.

I'd like to see unidentified parts stack in to three different groups. L, T & E. Then they randomise upon research.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    I'd like to see unidentified parts stack in to three different groups. L, T & E. Then they randomise upon research.
    Me too. I think that this is a no brainer.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Me too. I think that this is a no brainer.
    /signed

I think this thread needs to be pinned and placed a-top the brainport forum. I think this idea is a benefit for all!
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    i would love to see that ++

Was just reading this thread. I think a lot of people misunderstand what demonssword was trying to get across.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that a system whereby you can't tell what a tech will res into before you res it would be beneficial to players wanting to buy unressed techs.

The problem is, according to the devs, a system whereby the final part is randomised UPON researching is NOT possible (whether this is due to fundamental game mechanics or it's just too hard to implement is anyones guess).

What demonssword suggested was a clever way of getting around this. Techs would drop from mobs in the form of 'irradiated tech part' or whatever. These parts would all fundamentally be the same (unlike current unressed techs which are fundamentally different but have the same superficial name). This would mean they would all stack on top of each other.

You could then take these parts to an NPC who upon being given an 'irradiated tech part' would give you an unressed tech. These would be the unressed techs we are all familiar with. These would NOT stack, UNLESS they were fundamentally the same parts (basically the exact same system we have now).

This means players can trade 'irradiated tech parts' and be confident they aren't just the remaining 3x rare melee parts from a 4x stack.

This may be possible to implement assuming they can code in a system where you exchange 'irradiated tech parts' with an NPC for 'unressed tech parts'.

I hope this clears up his idea.

+1

Tbh no it looks like you just repeated it. The thing is I think that the reason noone is a fan is because it is a difficult solution to a simple problem. Randomized rares when researched is just so much more simple. Why would you need to over complicate stuff? Who wants that? Nobody.

Well, they're saying it's impossible to do with Neocron or so hard to do it might as well be. I'd like a link to where a dev said that about randomizing rares on research, not trying to be rude but it's best we all know the exact details of the problem with randomizing on research.

The real problem here regarding the melee techs is that there is something like a "useless" tech. Of course there can be some which are more wanted than others but a completely useless tech does not really make sense in the rare pool.

The conclusion is of course that either melee must be important in the future (thru balance) or removed from the rare pool. I think it will be the first, so someday soon these useless techs might prove very valuable.

In a perfect world all rare weapons and items are needed in the game and therefore there won't be any worthless ones that can be used to scam people, like it's being done at the moment. Looks like there's no quick solution to this problem, especially since the whole system can't be easily re-programmed.

Melee isn't useless. It's just subpar. Personally I think drones should be removed from the pool and probably anything with marine in the name. Freezers too.

But seriously. Weapon balancing will sort a lot of these problems I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Melee isn't useless. It's just subpar. Personally I think drones should be removed from the pool and probably anything with marine in the name. Freezers too.
    This should really happen. The 5(?) freezers should be a "no-brainer" to remove from the rare pool....unless of course you actually have plans for them, even then, make them a HN or FSM item. Also agree the drones should be removed as well, should be HN items just like the Mosquito and Punisher drones.

I don't really understand how you see demonssword's suggestion as being complicated as it seems very simple to me and I'm sure several other people reading this thread. The reason he suggested it was because apparantly randomisation upon research is IMPOSSIBLE given the current game mechanics. If someone can confirm/deny this that would be much appreciated. Of course randomisation upon research would be the simplest solution, but the point is it might not be so simple for the devs to implement... (the mechanic whereby an NPC swaps an item in your inventory for another one is however possible I believe)

As for which rareparts should be in the pool or not, I think it would ultimately be shortsighted to remove certain classes/specific weapons. What happens when they balance it and suddenly melee weapons are viable again? (also on a related note, subpar=useless when it comes to PvP, hence why you might as well sell your rare melee parts to Yo's).

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post
    I don't really understand how you see demonssword's suggestion as being complicated as it seems very simple to me and I'm sure several other people reading this thread. The reason he suggested it was because apparantly randomisation upon research is IMPOSSIBLE given the current game mechanics. If someone can confirm/deny this that would be much appreciated. Of course randomisation upon research would be the simplest solution, but the point is it might not be so simple for the devs to implement... (the mechanic whereby an NPC swaps an item in your inventory for another one is however possible I believe)

As for which rareparts should be in the pool or not, I think it would ultimately be shortsighted to remove certain classes/specific weapons. What happens when they balance it and suddenly melee weapons are viable again? (also on a related note, subpar=useless when it comes to PvP, hence why you might as well sell your rare melee parts to Yo's).
    I cant remember where i saw them say it or of course i might have dreamt it (yeah i have boring dreams :P). But im sure i remember them saying it before back in the 2.0 days that the mechanic didnt excist for them being able to do this.
    The other advantage to my solution over the current system (though it is shared with the randomise on research method) is that currently there seems to be a few parts that are extremely rare such as ATP of CS, and any form of randomisation from source should mean IF they want all parts to be as rare as each other then it would be easy to sort. They have said before that no part should be rarer than any other, but upon seeing evidence they admitted that something looked wrong and many speculated that it was doing to certain mobs dropping certain rares.

Anyway either system is fine, i just think mine might be easier to implement than randomising on research if they have to make a vast change in the way the processor works.
    HOWEVER as someone did point out to me, random stuff on research could happen in the processor as proved by slotted items on constructing. So my example of A+B+C=D, means that actually A+B+C=D (0 slot), E (1 slot), F (2 slot), G (3 slot), H (4 slot) or I (5 slot) with varible results of 30%/30%/20%/10%/5%/5% for D-E-F-G-H-I or whatever the stats are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast