Thread: Rare Parts !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So you want an NPC to randomise the parts for you instead of upon research.

Doesnt sound any different to me - plus you got the added bonus of the current "res one, sell the shit ones" mechanic still in place.

I am gonna say no thanks but thank you for taking the time to explain.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So you want an NPC to randomise the parts for you instead of upon research.

Doesnt sound any different to me - plus you got the added bonus of the current "res one, sell the shit ones" mechanic still in place.

I am gonna say no thanks but thank you for taking the time to explain.
    But who is going to buy the shit ones if the buying knows they are going to be from the shit pool? I know if i was to buy rareparts, what i currently dont due to knowing 80% will be shitpool stock. If i could buy a part that was garenteed 100% as unknown then i would go for that. Not the part that might be unknown but probably just just one they had an extra of so know its a XXX of XXX.

With my one you have a system that means people cant just claim these are all unknown parts i want to sell while knowing what they are. Because people who buy them would only want the irradiated ones if they are going to buy random parts that they want to not be part of the shit pool.

Edited : I was editing the post before this multiple times i think while you were posting yours as well as it wasnt clear enough.
    Last edited by demonssword; 01-03-13 at 14:25. Reason: put in an edit

But with the OPs idea there will be NO shit ones to sell. You will get a "generic" rare part that gets ID'ed AT the ressing stage. It will be random at that point and NOT before that. It is a fairer system imo.

I agree the system would be fair. BUT as i also pointed out i dont think the game can do it. Thye predefined code in the game for research / construction / recycling processor only allows "X" to turn in to "Z". or "X+Y+Z" to turn in to "F".
    The that is what i was trying to point out, that the change i said would be equally fair though a bit more time consuming for players. BUT could be implentmented with the current coding / system and be running in weeks / months rather than months / years of playing with game code.
    As long as people were informed that buying the parts if they were unclean / irradiated or whatever would remove the risk of buying from a crap pool. Vs buying the unressed clean ones you could be buying ones that people know they dont want. People will soon start to work out that only buying the irradiated ones were worth buying, and the scamming people do selling from alts or unknown chars would dry up.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    But with the OPs idea there will be NO shit ones to sell. You will get a "generic" rare part that gets ID'ed AT the ressing stage. It will be random at that point and NOT before that. It is a fairer system imo.
    Yeah I agree with that. Randomising on ressing is an ideal solution. It means its impossible to know what the part will be until it's actually researched, so you will never be able to scam people with crappy parts.

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    I agree the system would be fair. BUT as i also pointed out i dont think the game can do it. Thye predefined code in the game for research / construction / recycling processor only allows "X" to turn in to "Z". or "X+Y+Z" to turn in to "F".
    The that is what i was trying to point out, that the change i said would be equally fair though a bit more time consuming for players. BUT could be implentmented with the current coding / system and be running in weeks / months rather than months / years of playing with game code.
    I don't think it would be that big a change to be honest. All it would be doing is taking a part called "Unidentified tech", determine if you sucessfully ressed it, then replacing it with "Random Part X"

like the idea...
    randomize on ressing

Quote Originally Posted by lindian View Post
    like the idea...
    randomize on ressing
    I support this idea too. This could also resolve any possible random distribution problem for the parts across all zones and mobs.

I'd like it too if the unressed parts would simply stack up in the future instead of cluttering up the cabinets and the gogu.

+1 to OP's idea. This would bring back actually investing money in buying peoples un-ressed rares.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Any GM or Dev or whatever willing to throw a coment on if such a solution would able to be implemented?
    As i said some of my posts was going on a bases that randomising on research wasnt able to happen and offering an alternative that i am relitavely sure would be able to be even if slightly more complicated.

Either way it would be nice to know if the option could be done or if it is beyond the capability of the game code to do.

I like the idea:
    1. Trading unidentified Techparts will be much more easier and more logical to handle
    2. No more scamming and lame-ass melee-parts/drone-parts/rubbish
    3. evenly distributed rarepart-identification (give all rareparts a realistic chance to get identified)
    4. takes away the decision which part it is from the item itself and give it to the Research-Process

If theres a Way to make this happen - AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    Any GM or Dev or whatever willing to throw a coment on if such a solution would able to be implemented?
    As i said some of my posts was going on a bases that randomising on research wasnt able to happen and offering an alternative that i am relitavely sure would be able to be even if slightly more complicated.

Either way it would be nice to know if the option could be done or if it is beyond the capability of the game code to do.

If they can randomise on drop then surely they can randomise on research?

I dont think the randomisation is on drop, as with mini server rollbacks the same mob drops the same item.
    I think some of the current problem as i said earlier with the rare parts being not so random as people complain that X ones drop all the time off the same mobs.
    So most fire mobs seem to drop the same ones. I think mobs must have a limited number of items they can drop. In the current system the likely chance is that you have X% on most of the common items, and X% to drop 1-2 of the rare parts that that mob is able to carry.

So take an example of every mob has a max of 256 (simple binary number but could be 128 or something lower) different items it can drop. Now so many are taken up with Armor parts 4-5-6-7-8-9-10. Others will be Muscle Sinews or other stuff.
    So doomreaper has say 10 items from his pool taken up with armor parts, sinew and other stuffs. This leaves 246 items that can be unidendified rare parts. As each unidendified rare part is currently 1 of those items. So as far as i remember the total of rare parts not including MC5 parts is 376 (60 L-Parts, 214 T-Parts, 102 E-Parts (not including MC5)) i think. And if they can only have 246 of those, leaving 130 rare parts not being able to drop off that mob. Now if the coders were a bit lazy then they copy and paste the drops on to simalar mobs like grim percys, grim chasers & terror raptors. Or even with a those other 3 comman ones in fire mob areas, they may not have mixed up the pool enough to make sure every part on the list drops from those mobs combined. And with only a couple of parts seeming to be rare this could be the case.
    This would also back the idea of people managing to get the parts they wanted from hunting warbots, but not firemobs. But even then it doesnt mean all 130 or so parts that dont drop from firemobs will drop on warbots.

So how do you explain unressed stacking then?

I believe he's saying mobs get their loot randomized when they spawn, not after they die.

To everyone who supports an idea, please make it clear which one you want, people are saying I like the OP's idea and then talking about the one I proposed, I wasn't the OP. The OP idea is just we keep the same system as we have now except unresseds will no longer stack.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    I believe he's saying mobs get their loot randomized when they spawn, not after they die.

To everyone who supports an idea, please make it clear which one you want, people are saying I like the OP's idea and then talking about the one I proposed, I wasn't the OP. The OP idea is just we keep the same system as we have now except unresseds will no longer stack.
    I support that techs are randomized when they are ressed.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast