Thread: Rare Parts !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Rare Parts !!!

Also was haltet ihr davon wenn man die Rare Parts ein bisschen verändert ??

Im Moment ist es ja so das wenn man ein Part lootet und es doppel ist , das es 2x im Inventar ist ( 2x T Part ).
    Dadurch kann man beim Ressen alles wunderbar aussortieren und andere Runner so zu sagen übern Tisch ziehen indem man den stack resst und man sieht oh Melee brauch ich nicht zack verkaufen.

man könnte es doch so ändern das die Ungeressten Parts im Inventar NICHT mehr STACKEN so weiß man nicht welche parts das sind, aber nach dem Ressen sollten die Stackbar bleiben. So wird man nicht mehr übern Tisch gezogen und der Part wert wird wieder steigen.

Was haltet ihr davon ??
    Ist das machbar ??

bitte auch um GM statement !!

p.s. könnte das vielleicht jemand in Englisch übersetzten für die anderen Kollegen ?? wenn ich das mach versteht man noch weniger ( HAHA )

I'll wait for the translation, but if it's what I think it is, then it sounds like a good idea.

Dragon's idea here is to abolish identical (but unressed) rare parts from stacking in inventory.

Because this could be used to sort out more worthless/ unwanted parts and sell them. This results in a betrayal of the buyer.

Good idea, but with one major disadvantage:

- parts need much more inventory/ cabinet place if unstacked

If one could solve this (e.g. stacking different parts up to mini-stack 0f 10) this idea would be good one.

Reed

How about this, instead of getting a set but unidentified part when you loot it, all unidentified parts become the same item, you can stack 255 Ls, Ts and Es. After researching a part it is randomly identified as one of the parts in it's pool. Now you only need 3 gogu or cabinet slots to store unidentified parts (Assuming you have less than 255 of each kind). You'd still need apartments filled with cabinets to store the identified parts and since this would be a rewrite of how rares drop and are ressed, it'll fix the issue with some rares being much more common than others.

Oh it also stops people selling "unidentified" parts when they already know its just a junk melee part which was the point of this thread.

If you have an unidentified part of a termi...the same duplicAte part of the termi can be assumed to look exactly like each other. therefore they stack and appear the same. once you research one part you know what they all are. so this is the part where the seller knows what they all are but the buyer doesn't. i don't see any problem with the situation and i feel it is realistic roleplay to sell shit parts.

It amazes me that people actually buy unressed parts considering 95% of them are utter garbage. I like Hatmankh's Idea though, Have the part randomly assigned upon research completion.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    How about this, instead of getting a set but unidentified part when you loot it, all unidentified parts become the same item, you can stack 255 Ls, Ts and Es. After researching a part it is randomly identified as one of the parts in it's pool. Now you only need 3 gogu or cabinet slots to store unidentified parts (Assuming you have less than 255 of each kind). You'd still need apartments filled with cabinets to store the identified parts and since this would be a rewrite of how rares drop and are ressed, it'll fix the issue with some rares being much more common than others.

Oh it also stops people selling "unidentified" parts when they already know its just a junk melee part which was the point of this thread.
    Absolutely love this idea! And it would "just" require that the part doesnt get randomized (if thats a Word..) when it is ressed, instead of when it is dropped.
    Love the idea!

And this comes from someone who currenly has about 150 unressed parts, where a lot obviously is doubles/triples..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Big fan of this idea. If this is even remotely possible, it should be done.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    And it would "just" require that the part doesnt get randomized (if thats a Word..) when it is ressed, instead of when it is dropped.
    ....DOES get "randomized" when it is ressed, instead of when it is dropped....
    Posting while drunk = fail...
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

... instead of getting a set but unidentified part when you loot it, all unidentified parts become the same item, you can stack 255 Ls, Ts and Es...
    this.

Its a good idea if it can be done.

As for buying/selling unressed techs well its something that originated in the german community and i have always wondered why its still done that way when its so easily exploited by unscrupulous players. I never buy techs off anyone or trade unressed. its retarded. i would rather have the cash or trade for items i want.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Omg I didnt realise people could do that.... how dishonest of them!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I had a wierd idea for this a while ago in a thread to solve the problem of some rare parts being more rare than others.

The simple thing i worked out is that make rare parts a standard L-T-E system. So when ever you get an L it will stack with all your other Ls. This is like what was posted above. HOWEVER the game doesnt as far as i know have a system that would allow it to generate a random part after researching.
    What i said was a bit of an annoying way what would need to be slim lined somehow but not sure how. Basically when you have L-T-Es you could go to an NPC (probably need a few of these scattered around the world) who would trade you 1-5-10-25 of your chosen part for actually randomised parts to be researched. These parts of course would need a new name, or the new single part system what drops from mobs would need a new name.
    So for example all mobs that drop rares now drop "Irradiated LowTech Part" you go to the vendor with 10 of these and choose the option to trade your 10 for 10 "Unidentified LowTech Part".
    Now this means yes you will now have loads of "Unidentified LowTech Parts" you know are core of XXX or tech of XXX. However if you want to buy or legitimately sell what people sell as Unressed Rare Parts currently, they could sell "Irradiated LowTech Part". These parts having not been randomised yet will be a completely random part. Some people might still try to identify the unressed tech parts what have been randomised, but i think most people would catch on that people knew they were rubbish ones and not buy them.
    Of course coming from a vendor for what parts you get the list can be completely randomised, rather than as some people suspect that some mobs only drop some parts.
    Last edited by demonssword; 01-03-13 at 13:04.

I dont understand how you would know these parts are core of xxx or tech of xxx.

I like the other guys idea of randomisation upon research and have the parts stack up in your inv. Less gogu space means more winning!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I dont understand how you would know these parts are core of xxx or tech of xxx.
    Seems rather easy to understand to me, but will try to make it more simple.

The reason how you currently know you have part XXX of XXX is because the items stack yeah? so if you have a stack of 2 of them then you know if you research one of them, the other one is the same yeah?
    Hope ya with me at least...
    So with the system i said with the dropped parts they are all the same parts "Irradiated LowTech Part", "Irradiated Tech Part" & "Irradiated Expensive Tech Part".
    Trading them to the NPC gives you new randomised "Unidentified LowTech Part", "Unidentified Tech Part" & "Unidentified Expensive Tech Part". These fuction as the current ones do. This is due to current game mechanics i believe there is no way for them to make parts randomise in your inventory after researching them.
    These items then of course not being able to be randomised on researching as the game doesnt work that way of course will then stack in the same way as the current ones do. This would mean if you got 2 of the same part you could res one to find out it was XXX of XXX so you then know the other one is also XXX of XXX as well. HOWEVER as i said the likely chance is people will only trade the Irradiated versions as it means there is no chance of people scamming them by selling them ones that they know are rubbish as there would be no way of knowing.

Hope you kept up with that. But this is as i said a simple and probably quick and easy solution that could be implemented by just adding a new type of NPC / Machine with several chat options and a small bit of coding to give out the parts that currently drop on mobs. But then also changing all the mobs loot table to drop the 3 new Irradiated parts instead of the current ones, and of course removing all the old ones from their loot table.

So
    1) All the parts gathered would stack
    2) All the parts you trade in will be randomised properly so will stop the idea of frame of XXX or tech of XXX is the rarest part.
    3a) People selling rare parts could sell them as the buyer will know they arnt being cheeted.
    3b) People buying them knowing that they were buying parts that are still unknown rather than someones bank of parts that were all drone / melee / rubbish weapon parts.

As said above people could try to sell the parts they have already traded in, but likely chance would be people wouldnt buy the ones that have already been cleaned as people could tell before ressing them what they are given enough of a pool like with the current system.
    Last edited by demonssword; 01-03-13 at 14:10.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast