It doesn't work the way it's supposed to. You're supposed to actually research the cubes, hence the Title "research mission". I think they should just switch the requirement for completing the mission to the completion of a cube. Much like they do with kill missions, you get credit as you research and the money upon completion. This should be like this for all tradeskill missions.

This would definitely help the already breaking economy. People use research macros all day every day, researching these cubes simply to turn around and sell them for enormous profit. If you don't believe me go to Chester and have a look at 10 guys standing around the Gogo.

Does everybody benefit from this particular flaw in the system? Sure they do much like everyone benefited from the flaws in the drone system before they fixed that. It's still not ok to do even if it's easy for people to level off of. I thought the point was to fix these flaws, not further exploit them.

I think they should fix this flaw in the mission system before it messes the economy up anymore but I fear the damage has already been done.

I disagree with Faid, and agree with everyone else. It works as intended. I rather have DEV team focusing on fixing other stuff than nerfing something that not a lot of people complain about. Even if changing TL150 missions "fixes" the economy, it's only a matter of time before someone finds the next item that can be maximized for profit.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

The problems I see with the current res mission system:

Anyone can complete the mission, not just the researcher.

If non-researchers are using them to level, then there is a problem with the leveling system for those runners (such as monk dex) rather than a problem with the missions.

Cash reward is far too high.

Xp reward is far too low (for tradeskillers).

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    It doesn't work the way it's supposed to. You're supposed to actually research the cubes, hence the Title "research mission". I think they should just switch the requirement for completing the mission to the completion of a cube. Much like they do with kill missions, you get credit as you research and the money upon completion. This should be like this for all tradeskill missions.

This would definitely help the already breaking economy. People use research macros all day every day, researching these cubes simply to turn around and sell them for enormous profit. If you don't believe me go to Chester and have a look at 10 guys standing around the Gogo.

Does everybody benefit from this particular flaw in the system? Sure they do much like everyone benefited from the flaws in the drone system before they fixed that. It's still not ok to do even if it's easy for people to level off of. I thought the point was to fix these flaws, not further exploit them.

I think they should fix this flaw in the mission system before it messes the economy up anymore but I fear the damage has already been done.
    Agreed. Although without making better combat missions the research mission will still be considerably better.
    The research outsourcing I don't think is the issue though, the issue is the ability to bulk produce the output in advance. IT would likely require a lot more development, but if each mission require the BP of a particular item, generated at the time of accepting the mission, and unique to that mission, this would allow outsourcing research without bulk production in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    The problems I see with the current res mission system:

Anyone can complete the mission, not just the researcher.

If non-researchers are using them to level, then there is a problem with the leveling system for those runners (such as monk dex) rather than a problem with the missions.

Cash reward is far too high.

Xp reward is far too low (for tradeskillers).
    Agreed here too. These missions really are designed to help tradeskillers level. If they made all missions better at working for the relevant classes/builds so people didn't need to do the research and made the cash rewards balanced across them this would be good.
    Last edited by Lucas Kell; 28-02-13 at 19:05.

I hope puppies die in a car fire before you change 150's. The game is boring as hell and alot of us are not playing to run circles in an hq. Eliminate them and you will make the game a total stinking burnt puppy bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I hope puppies die in a car fire before you change 150's. The game is boring as hell and alot of us are not playing to run circles in an hq. Eliminate them and you will make the game a total stinking burnt puppy bag.
    Honestly I can't tell which side of the debate this comment is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post

WOW - You gain a 10% boost at a cost of at least a couple of thousand gold.
    NC - You gain a huge boost, allowing you to level in a day what you used to take 3-5 days to do, and get paid to do it.
    You either (purposely) leave facts out of the equation, or your analysis is (purposely) incomplete, possibly in an attempt to make your point seem more valid.

You leave out the fact that you need the following :

- a capped (almost) resser spy
    - resser implants (TH and SS CPU at least)
    - a 1 000 000nc ressearch tool
    -90 faction sympathy

Theres at least 5 mil invested in the tool and imps alone. Not to mention the fact you need an (almost) capped char and then enough FS on both the resser and the cube runner. This is a shitload of time.

Again though, this eliminates the need for anything for <lvl 25s to do. We may as well start at /25 by default.
    Again, not a lot of noob characters have the means to get 90 FS right off the bat.

Your logic here is flawed.

This snipet of garbage alone should be enough to discredit your point in the eyes of a lot of people in the community.

Honestly I can't tell which side of the debate this comment is on.
    To clarify....tl150 is perfectly fine as it is. Stop forcing us into a monolithic playstyle of boredom and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    You either leave facts out of the equation, or your analysis is (puposely) incomplete, possibly in an attempt to make your point seem more valid.

-90 faction sympathy

Theres at least 5 mil invested in the tool and imps alone. Not to mention the fact you need an (almost) capped char and then enough FS on both the resser and the cube runner. This is a shitload of time.

Again, not a lot of noob characters have the means to get 90 FS right off the bat.

This snipet of garbage alone should be enough to discredit your point in the eyes of a lot of people in the community.
    Getting 90 FS is incredibly easy - Very Easy Recycling missions gain you more than they cost to do, can be bought from the chemicals vendor and give 1 symp per mission. It takes about 2 hours to get to 90 from a new character and you end up with more money than you started with. Oh and you only need a few hundred nc to get started on this which all noobs have. You could give me any character with 0nc, and a few wooden crates later I'll be happily on my way to 100 symp.

You can buy the cubes, you don't need a resser or a tool to make them (that's kind of the reason for this thread...) and you can usually buy a few, then a few more, etc and work your way up in cash.
    Usual price is 7k per cube, which you can make 10k per cube back (so you make 9k per mission).

I actually only recently returned to the game with nothing (as I had no chars on thsi server) and now I have multiple millions as well as vehicles and apartments, and pretty much don't want for anything. I do not have a high level researcher.

I know my information is correct, because I have personally experienced this, which is why I'm so clear on the fact that this is not a good economical situation.

So lets try to gather all of our facts before incorrectly referring to what people are saying as garbage shall we?

Again though, this eliminates the need for anything for <lvl 25s to do. We may as well start at /25 by default.
    Look, you posted that, and by my standards, and I guess a lot of people's standards, this logic is 3rd grader garbage.

Also, earlier in my same post I proved that your comparison to WOW was flawed and used facts to do so.

To produce the cubes you need a lot of cash and time invested.

Consider yourself lucky that someone is willing to sell you BPs instead of taking for granted that the whole server does this and that the economy is ruined.

Look, you posted that, and by my standards, and I guess a lot of people's standards, this logic is 3rd grader garbage.

Also, earlier in my same post I proved that your comparison to WOW was flawed and used facts to do so.

To produce the cubes you need a lot of cash and time invested.

Consider yourself lucky that someone is willing to sell you BPs instead of taking for granted that the whole server does this and that the economy is ruined.
    No, its logical. If everyone wants to just have an easy way to get to /25, then by starting people with enough exp to be /25 accomplishes this without destroying the economy. Its not a serious suggestion, more a statement on the fact that there needs to be actual gameplay from /2 to /25, not just running round the same room.

When exactly did you prove my comparison to wow flawed?
    And how can you seriously not see the difference lol.
    WOW you SPEND THOUSANDS of gold and get a 10% exp boost, saving you a few hours over a few days.
    NC you GAIN MILLIONS while getting a massive XP boost, saving you DAYS.
    So in summary this is SPEND MONEY TO MAKE LOW XP BOOST vs MAKE MONEY TO GET HUGE XP BOOST
    Seriously... I don't know how to explain this to you so you will actually understand the difference.... Anyone got any ideas?

To produce the cubes you need a moderate amount of cash, but you can make that back 3-4 times over. But the point is you don't have to produce the cubes. You can buy them. There are plenty for sale, especially from botters.

This is where :

-90 faction sympathy

You either (purposely) leave facts out of the equation, or your analysis is (purposely) incomplete, possibly in an attempt to make your point seem more valid.

-90 faction sympathy

This is where your logic is flawed. You litterally need none of these things to do these missions, you dont need a high lvl resser you dont need resser imps, you don't need the tl150 tool, and you dont need any time or money invested, people macro these items all day and night. The way the system works now you just need the cubes.

The entire mission system needs a complete rework. Hard missions are too easy, and the mechanics involved with the completion of the missions is flawed. A char who has never ressed anything in his life can turn in the hardest res missions. It's just wrong and needs to be reworked. As I stated before, its actually not too hard to fix the res missions, you get a completed notice as you complete each individual cube, same as the kill missions.

Faid the cubes have to come from somwhere and be made by someone.

Regardless of macro or not, the character that produces the cubes has to have had some investment to it, so the comparison made by thread starter was flawed. Someone actually had to invest money to get the cubes done.

The cubes are fine. the tradeskillers are fine. the economy is fine. the market for cubes is fine....next topic plz.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast