Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default TL 150 Research Missions

I hate to bring it up, cos it's a brilliant way of making cash, but TL 150 research missions really break the economy. Researchers can sell the cubes for 6k a piece and still turn a profit, and the mission runnners earn 10k per cube. This means its pretty easy to turn a few hundred thousand NC into a few million in a very short space of time.

Now I understand that missions still need to be around for all trades and that they need to pay fairly, but to me this just means huge amounts of cash is injected into the economy from the ether without much effort.

My suggestion to correct this is 2 actions. These could also be applied to other missions.

1. Reward for the mission is brought down a small amount to adjust for the realistic price of production. 6-7k per cube (18k - 21k per mission) should be enough reward so researchers can make money doing missions with their profession but reduce the amount of bulk cube sales.

2. The mission should generate a number of different varieties of BP requirement. So instead of its all being just a single type of v-hard-3 cube, after accepting the mission, you speak to the first guy, and he give you one of a random selection of cubes. This should be at least 5-10 varieties of mission item. This will prevent someone being able to buy a single stack knowing that they have everything they need for any TL150 Res mission for that faction.

Like I say, I hate to bring this up as its an easy way to make money which is great for an individual, but the economy of the game needs to be made more stable, and injection of funds of this degree is not a way to maintain this.

I do not like this idea.

The system is not broken, therefore there is no need to fix it. This is just change for the sake of it. There are other more important issues. Insert any other stock phrase to say why.

Sorry but there are a few issues with missions as it is, however I would rather these missions not get taken away. They are a way for capped players to start a new char without the pain of starting again in the same way as the original. Wow did a similar thing with heirlooms for players to gain +10% xp per piece and stuff.

At least with the cubes as is you can get to level /25 ish without too many issues and fairly quickly. IMO this mechanic should stay as it is.

If you want to remove the cash bonus due to cash sinks in game yeah fair play this might be a good idea but with all of the debate in the thread from Strife about rewards vs risk etc pure tradeskillers have NO other real form of making money. Bear in mind to be a good researcher you cant level solo (at best you can rhino with a friend) so taking away their one ability to make a good sized amount of money (and it requires a lot of tedious work) then how are you going to replace that income?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I do not like this idea.

The system is not broken, therefore there is no need to fix it. This is just change for the sake of it. There are other more important issues. Insert any other stock phrase to say why.

Sorry but there are a few issues with missions as it is, however I would rather these missions not get taken away. They are a way for capped players to start a new char without the pain of starting again in the same way as the original. Wow did a similar thing with heirlooms for players to gain +10% xp per piece and stuff.

At least with the cubes as is you can get to level /25 ish without too many issues and fairly quickly. IMO this mechanic should stay as it is.

If you want to remove the cash bonus due to cash sinks in game yeah fair play this might be a good idea but with all of the debate in the thread from Strife about rewards vs risk etc pure tradeskillers have NO other real form of making money. Bear in mind to be a good researcher you cant level solo (at best you can rhino with a friend) so taking away their one ability to make a good sized amount of money (and it requires a lot of tedious work) then how are you going to replace that income?
    Well the first part there just emphasises the problem. "you can get to level /25 ish without too many issues and fairly quickly". This takes away any reason for having early levels. We may as well just roll a character that starts at /25. If you have a combat char, you should level through combat, etc, not just through handing in generic mission cubes..

I'm not saying take this away from researchers to level. I'm saying stop it being such an easy mission for everyone else to just buy from a researcher and hand it. Researchers can still take the mission, do the research and hand it in without an issue. Just a HC tank (for example) can't.

We are not talking about the same thing as the 10% xp bonus here. We a re talking about a way for any character to simply skip levels, and they don't even have to pay for it. They actually make money doing it. In wow, it didn't skip levels, it simply sped it up, and heirlooms cost the player a considerable amount of cash and tokens which were not returned like the money spent on Res cubes is. Getting a special type of armor that boosts xp gains would be the equivalent here.

Construction missions aren't farmed in the same way cos its not as easy to generate a stockpile of the hand ins and research should be more like this. It shouldn't be a simple task to just generate a few stacks of hand ins, then give them to a character you want to half cap in a day.

It speeds up levelling and therefore it is comparable. I still do not like the idea.

It speeds up levelling and therefore it is comparable. I still do not like the idea.
    It doesn't really speed up levelling to the same degree though. Wow is 10% this is like 3000%. It also pays you to speed up your levelling, where in wow you pay to have your levelling sped up. It's comparable yes, but that comparison shows they are not even remotely similar in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    It doesn't really speed up levelling to the same degree though. Wow is 10% this is like 3000%. It also pays you to speed up your levelling, where in wow you pay to have your levelling sped up. It's comparable yes, but that comparison shows they are not even remotely similar in nature.
    Huh? sorry it doesnt speed it up to the same degree? this is just pedantic because I do not like your idea. Sorry bud but I do not understand your last line at all. It is comparable so that shows theyre not similar..... So you are saying its similar but by being similar you can see that its completely different?

Anyway. I stand by my original assessment.

I disagree with the main idea here.

TL 150s are good below 30 base mainskill, past that point, one notices that indeed he will level faster with a combat skill.

As far as money goes, they pay good but require 225+ ressearch skill to be made. Basically a pure resser, and making a pure resser is a LOT of time investment.

This system isn't broken nor unfair.

Huh? sorry it doesnt speed it up to the same degree? this is just pedantic because I do not like your idea. Sorry bud but I do not understand your last line at all. It is comparable so that shows theyre not similar..... So you are saying its similar but by being similar you can see that its completely different?

Anyway. I stand by my original assessment.
    No, there is nothing pedantic about it...
    You surely can see the difference here:

WOW - You gain a 10% boost at a cost of at least a couple of thousand gold.
    NC - You gain a huge boost, allowing you to level in a day what you used to take 3-5 days to do, and get paid to do it.

This are simply not the same thing. Surely you can see this? If you had to pay 10m NC that you never got back as mission rewards, this would be closer to the same thing.

Lets not also forget that with the ability for people to use illegitimate means to obtain blueprints (specifically being vague here to comply with rules) that these missions are exploitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I disagree with the main idea here.

TL 150s are good below 30 base mainskill, past that point, one notices that indeed he will level faster with a combat skill.

As far as money goes, they pay good but require 225+ ressearch skill to be made. Basically a pure resser, and making a pure resser is a LOT of time investment.

This system isn't broken nor unfair.
    Again though, this eliminates the need for anything for <lvl 25s to do. We may as well start at /25 by default.
    And also again I'm not saying that pure ressers should be affected. It's everyone that isn't a resser levelling of the back of a clearly unbalanced system. This is even more apparent when you look at what rewards are given for the other "Very Hard" missions that require more time to complete.

The REAL Walker

I agree with William and Kame on this..
    They Works the way they should.
    The only problem with them is the people that uses *cough*macros*cough* for it..

Maybe the GMs should DM the ressers once in a while, to check if it is a afk'er being naughty. The problem with this however, is that people could just be afk (and not ressing)..

Dunno, its hard to counter I guess.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I agree with William and Kame on this..
    They Works the way they should.
    The only problem with them is the people that uses *cough*macros*cough* for it..

Maybe the GMs should DM the ressers once in a while, to check if it is a afk'er being naughty. The problem with this however, is that people could just be afk (and not ressing)..

Dunno, its hard to counter I guess.
    I'm really not surprised there's so much opposition to this. Like I said in my original post, its a great easy boost for an individual, it's just not good for the game. It just takes away a big chunk of the need for the early game and makes it possible to manufacture cash in huge volumes. It really makes the game pretty boring too, as there's simply no challenge any more. Anything we don't have we can simply buy, and we can just res mission any character up to Rhino driving level, then rhino them up to the near end game.
    Kinda takes the RPG part away from the game.

Oh and the automated ressing, this can be countered by having the multiple types of res mission picked at random since people would need to buy multiple stacks of different BPs to ensure they had some for every mission type. Would make it a lot more hassle to do.

If you are not surprised then don't take it so personally.

You can still rp your way through life and do all of those other things you want to do. You do not have a gun to your head forcing you to level this way. Some others want to level this way thats all, its our choice.

The REAL Walker

If you are not surprised then don't take it so personally.

You can still rp your way through life and do all of those other things you want to do. You do not have a gun to your head forcing you to level this way. Some others want to level this way thats all, its our choice.
    This.

Your not forced to level this way..
    Us that have leveled 20+ characters over the years, prefer to level as fast and painless as possible...
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    This.

Your not forced to level this way..
    Us that have leveled 20+ characters over the years, prefer to level as fast and painless as possible...
    I have been playing since NC1 beta. I have levelled characters countless times. And I'm not taking anything personally. I'm simply saying there's better ways to allow us to level without taking the economy out with it.

Slower is not better. Only a masochist would think that. If you have played since beta you would know the pain of starting a new char countless times over I would imagine.

The vast majority of people would agree that levelling faster is better for the most part I would think. Sure there are people who like to take their time and level slowly but they are few and far between from experience. For the most part the psychology of levelling is dull, boring and generally slow. If those people want to level nice and slowly and do it that way let them.

Let the rest of us have our choice though, we choose to do it this way.

A more constructive idea might be to think of something to spend the money on that we all produce so easily imo.

Slower is not better. Only a masochist would think that. If you have played since beta you would know the pain of starting a new char countless times over I would imagine.

The vast majority of people would agree that levelling faster is better for the most part I would think. Sure there are people who like to take their time and level slowly but they are few and far between from experience. For the most part the psychology of levelling is dull, boring and generally slow. If those people want to level nice and slowly and do it that way let them.

Let the rest of us have our choice though, we choose to do it this way.

A more constructive idea might be to think of something to spend the money on that we all produce so easily imo.
    Or possibly they could make it make less money without affecting EXP?
    Like I've been saying all along I'm not anti the missions, just anti the generation of money from nothing.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast