Default Psi Support Booster

This range is not in the game yet but how about we get a ppu buff FOR ppus. I mean we always used to use Melee boosters a long time ago for the health and speed and such but how about getting something that can be self cast (and available to PEs at level 1) and give our baby ppus a boost and give our psi-wielding brethren a boost too.

I would suggest possibly have it mimic the Rifle and Pistol boosters but with Psi related bonuses at level 1 and scale accordingly?

As per techhaven.org

Pistol Booster Level 1

PSI:15 PPU:53 FCS:18
    WEP:+2.54 P‑C:+5.07 T‑C:+2.54

So the intended new buff might look like this:

Psi Support Booster
    Psi use +2.54 PPU: +5.07 and Focus (?) +2.54

Pistol Booster level 3

PSI:95 PPU:136 FCS:81
    WEP:+10.73 P‑C:+21.46 T‑C:+10.73

So the intended new buff might look like this?

Psi use: +10.73 PPU: +21.46 T-C: +10.73

So yeah in essence then it gives top end ppu a bit more bang for his buck but it also helps the non rare using high end ppus as it gives them a little more protection which is always good but at the bottom end it gives the PE (and maybe the spy if you leave the psi req as it is) a choice if he wants to use a combat boost or a boost to his defences. If you raise the PSI req above 20 then it could be a worthwhile (albeit small) change to separate PEs and Spys a little more.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Sektenspinner aus Leidenschaft hajoan's Avatar

I liked to post something similar.
    For this reason I will not create a new thread I will use yours if you don't object.

OK, we have 4 classes with 2 mainskills...

Spy
    Weapons: Rifle, Pistol
    Buffs: Riflebuff, Pistolbuff

PE
    Weapons: Rifle, Pistol
    Buffs: Riflebuff, Pistolbuff

Tank
    Weapons: Melee, Heavy
    Buffs: Meelbuff, Heavy combat buff

... and now the Monk:

Monk
    Weapons: APU, PPU
    Buffs:
    The APU buff is the PSI Combat buff.
    As far as I know its not selfcastable since the Hybrid nerf. From my point of view this restriction is outdated.
    There is no PPU buff ingame - here is the connection to the thread starters post.

My ideas:

• Make the APU buff self casteable again

• Add a PPU buff to the game

A simple yes would've been good.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

You guys both make a good point. Apu self cast would be good indeed.

I would also like to see the Requirements on the resist boosters brought back down to nc1 levels at least at the bottom end. This adds more to the PE's repertoire as he can buff his friends in fights or before fights and becomes a bit more of a utility player (If he has enough mana @Will )
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by hajoan View Post
    My ideas:

• Make the APU buff self casteable again

• Add a PPU buff to the game
    Agreed
    I behave as a signature

A PPU specific buff doesn't really make sense as every PPU will cast it on themselves, what's the point? To a lesser extent, I never liked any of the class buffs for the same reason. It would be a lot more fun to have more generic buffs that offered tradeoffs. For instance, a general damage buff which increases player damage (also effects PPU spells and can be selfcast). Competing for the same buff slot however would be other effects as well, such as a frequency buff, an aiming (reticle speed) buff, and perhaps some others. These categories are just ideas I came up with with little thought. I'm not saying they are the actual buffs that should be used, but you guys get the idea. There should be thought behind what buffs to use, pros and cons to each. Furthermore, all the class specific buffs are just kind of silly and annoying for a PPU (we should keep them as they can be fun for leveling with to reach new weapons or let PPUs play with low level weapons, but they should be tuned so that on high level players, the skill specific buffs are seldom worth it over the other options).