Red face How to integrate LE into the non-LE world; my attempt at serving both.

I know, I know. The first thing the LEs will do is say it can't be done, they don't want to be griefed, etc.

EXCEPT I posted in concenter and I doubt the LEs will check there because it's all clans, but I guess I'll link here and hope it doesn't get smashed.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...17#post2204417
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    I know, I know. The first thing the LEs will do is say it can't be done, they don't want to be griefed, etc.

EXCEPT I posted in concenter and I doubt the LEs will check there because it's all clans, but I guess I'll link here and hope it doesn't get smashed.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...17#post2204417
    I am not quite sure how i understand your point.

From my point of viev the LE actually IS integrated in this (game) world Neocron. And this (game) world Neocron (which isn't a 100% perfect picture of the truth but a simulation only) isn't a "non-LE-World" as you stated. Cause this statement isn't quite correct the statement/ question follows isn't, too.

I know that we have actually a lot of LE-related threads and discussions, but there are lot of issues much more important to make-up Neocron than this LE-issue. And i am propagating a "free-choice"-play and cannot see the the reason why a non-Pvp-player has to delight the pvp-party with removing his LE/ playstyle. There are some interferences between the LE/non-LE playerstyles , but i am sure that are minor effects and could be ignored/ balanced otherwise.

No need for bigger adjustments you intend.

Reed
    Last edited by DR REED; 27-02-13 at 12:49.

cannot see the the reason why a non-Pvp-player has to delight the pvp-party with removing his LE/ playstyle. There are some interferences between the LE/non-LE playerstyles , but i am sure that are minor effects and could be ignored/ balanced otherwise.
    This mindset is exactly why we're having the issues we're having with the LE as a player base. This is to integrate LE players into the rest of the game and all of the functions of Neocron, which is/was intended. Not to delight anyone, but to include them.

Why does everyone think that if you remove your LE you HAVE to be a pvper? You don't. This mindset was never prevalent.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Dr Reed, don't go into this thread assuming the same negativity of all the other LE-basher threads, simply see it as an initiative to a return of the faction playstyle instead of the ganking red vs blue, or fighting only to piss off other clans, that most opfighting clans have turned into. I can imagine a portion of the people that are opting out of pvp with the le, would be interested in a slightly higher risk vs a more included social environment.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I think i like what you are getting at model. its a good step to introduce these guys to a clan without getting destroyed. Most New op war clans try to take an op and become overwhelmed so much that it break up the clan. creating a bridge between le and PvP game styles might be an awesome thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    I am not quite sure how i understand your point.

From my point of viev the LE actually IS integrated in this (game) world Neocron. And this (game) world Neocron (which isn't a 100% perfect picture of the truth but a simulation only) isn't a "non-LE-World" as you stated. Cause this statement isn't quite correct the statement/ question follows isn't, too.

I know that we have actually a lot of LE-related threads and discussions, but there are lot of issues much more important to make-up Neocron than this LE-issue. And i am propagating a "free-choice"-play and cannot see the the reason why a non-Pvp-player has to delight the pvp-party with removing his LE/ playstyle. There are some interferences between the LE/non-LE playerstyles , but i am sure that are minor effects and could be ignored/ balanced otherwise.

No need for bigger adjustments you intend.

Reed
    So what you're essentially saying is that because you do not understand the question or the intent of the OP that he must somehow be wrong?

and then you say that there must be other ways that these changes can be implemented but you are not sure how?

How does this help the situation?

Not everyone who removes the LE instantly PVPs 24-7. Some of them like to still do other stuff while experiencing the added danger of open combat. To some that is a thrill and not a chore.

Why deprive them of someone to help them achieve that experience faster? It doesnt affect the LE'd community. It only affects those who may have considered removing it.

I cant see a negative no matter how hard i look.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

why not just make another character with an LE and then you can join in on the LE'rs in their casual semi-worry free fun ? Why does it have to be the other way around?

With the netcode as shit as it is anyone not close to the server is at a SEVERE disadvantage and everyone knows it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    why not just make another character with an LE and then you can join in on the LE'rs in their casual semi-worry free fun ? Why does it have to be the other way around?

With the netcode as shit as it is anyone not close to the server is at a SEVERE disadvantage and everyone knows it!
    The point is see is to provide a transitional method for introducing le players to non le playstyle. And the disadvantage you speak of isn't as bad as you might think. only guns like to devo and melee weps have the real issues with ping. I havnt found anything else to very relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post

well i must be blatantly hacking then because i do ok.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    This mindset is exactly why we're having the issues we're having with the LE as a player base. This is to integrate LE players into the rest of the game and all of the functions of Neocron, which is/was intended. Not to delight anyone, but to include them.

Why does everyone think that if you remove your LE you HAVE to be a pvper? You don't. This mindset was never prevalent.
    Yes, i know, i know.... but for me - i do not feel excluded. And this is what one should reconsider.

I do not believe that the LE players do have a problem at this time. And 90% of them are LE chars temporarily because the will remove their LEs from themselves at a given time. The longer we wait the more chars ran around without LE (except noobs and leveling phase ) and the discussion will get more and more needless perhaps.

Reed

EDIT

Ok... i see, let the post go on. Maybe here is a different approach
    Really no need to repeat my pov. Peace...........
    Reed
    Last edited by DR REED; 27-02-13 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    The point is see is to provide a transitional method for introducing le players to non le playstyle. And the disadvantage you speak of isn't as bad as you might think. only guns like to devo and melee weps have the real issues with ping. I havnt found anything else to very relevant.
    I believe neofrag is a good transitional tool, it already exists in the game....

I like how you guys are only talking about player vs player and use of force. You are proving my points entirely and are further justifying a need for this clan. Everyone has such a narrow scope of how to get things done.Reputation is so much bigger, or used to be.

Even if i filled the clan with people that just wanted to help the playerbase via tradeskilling....flies and honey. People take note when you make an attempt for the good of all sides. And would be willing to flex and bend. Know how many people are being decent to me and NOT trying to troll/kill me already?

Every faction/clan carries with it a certain character, prejudice, or judgement.
    Last edited by Model192; 27-02-13 at 23:22.