Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Agreed, I had some fights a few days ago there with/against Gunshifty. 2 tanks + droner vs 2 PEs + spy, no PPUs.

I think I speak for all involved hen I say we had a great time, and that we'd wish this could happen more often.
    Ye that was fun as hell, the only problem was that gaddamn copbot constantly shooting at us, I had to keep zoning into the sewer to lose his aggro. Remmove teh copbots from Pepper park pls, it's supposed to be a seedy lawless place.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Ye that was fun as hell, the only problem was that gaddamn copbot constantly shooting at us, I had to keep zoning into the sewer to lose his aggro. Remmove teh copbots from Pepper park pls, it's supposed to be a seedy lawless place.
    Faid. its good to see you speaking pvp. You give me enough hope to maybe even log in.

Yeah, I want the plaza and via-rosso safezones back, too.

But the Devs removed those safezones for events that occur inside Via-rosso or Plaza sectors.

Maybe they can implement a command to remove the safezone (without restarting the server), when needed (when it's not already implemented) And than they can make plaza and via-rosso safezones again.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

We want the city PVP spot to be in Pepper, not plaza.

We want a zoneline that bridges a Safezone Plaza with un-Safezone Pepper Park.

We want the city PVP to move to an area with no copbots, and a bigger area to fight across. Pepper Park is perfect for this.

Why not.

But you re all wrong on the reason, why they changed it in the first place. They did it when they removed all safezones beside the HQs with the release of NC2. Then for some stupid reason they made P1 a safezone later.

The main problem I see here is this seems to be encouraging more zoneline fighting. I can't imagine they want more zoneline fighting as people zoning back and forth as much as this can't be good for server performance.
    Maybe they need to just make Neofrag better

I agree with pretty much everyone else in this thread. It seems like the PVPers and the Roleplayers alike agree on changing Plazas and Viarossos back to safe zones and Pepper Parks PVP zones with no copbots.

This is a great idea to mix things up and to be honest, the way it should be. Fighting and drug slinging belongs in the red light district, not the city.

My last convo with molten about this lead me to believe they want us nasty pvpers to stay out of the city and go to the wastelands for senseless ganks. If we actually do our best to screw the wastelands with our presence, Im sure they will finally give us pepper park. we are the scum of neocron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    The main problem I see here is this seems to be encouraging more zoneline fighting. I can't imagine they want more zoneline fighting as people zoning back and forth as much as this can't be good for server performance.
    Maybe they need to just make Neofrag better
    While there will always be zoneline fighting PP has more area's to escape to, running up and down ramps, dodging behind pillars and corners everywhere. Theres just more obstacles in PP, zonelines arent really needed, our fight with RSC was in PP2 and no one even thought of trying to zonewhore. This could work.

I strongly dislike the idea of forced safezones, I would actually be for a unsafe plaza 1 if the devs could get the copbots to work properly and increase their damage significantly (reimplementation of the copbot rifle would help, it should never have been taken away, cop bots are too easy to LoS now)

The way eve has it in my opinion works fine, with suicide ganking, you gank but you instantly die afterwards and take a big soul light hit if you are in plaza.

The increased strength of cop bots would probably fix the issues, I would suggest adding a few "secuirty turrets" that cannot be dragged around and also use a cop bot rifle. That way people can pvp in plaza should they wish but they will face a harsh penalty for doing so so they should head to pepper park instead, There should only be one or two cop bots in pp sectors and they should be near the metro stations and faction hqs to help lowbie non LE's, they should be very close to lawless.

my two cents
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    While there will always be zoneline fighting PP has more area's to escape to, running up and down ramps, dodging behind pillars and corners everywhere. Theres just more obstacles in PP, zonelines arent really needed, our fight with RSC was in PP2 and no one even thought of trying to zonewhore. This could work.
    Zoneline PvP is discouraged by the devs for some reason. pepper park is the best map for PvP. why do they devs resist PvP so much? Isn't that what our end game experience is?

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    I strongly dislike the idea of forced safezones, I would actually be for a unsafe plaza 1 if the devs could get the copbots to work properly and increase their damage significantly (reimplementation of the copbot rifle would help, it should never have been taken away, cop bots are too easy to LoS now)

The way eve has it in my opinion works fine, with suicide ganking, you gank but you instantly die afterwards and take a big soul light hit if you are in plaza.
    The increased strength of cop bots would probably fix the issues, I would suggest adding a few "secuirty turrets" that cannot be dragged around and also use a cop bot rifle. That way people can pvp in plaza should they wish but they will face a harsh penalty for doing so so they should head to pepper park instead, There should only be one or two cop bots in pp sectors and they should be near the metro stations and faction hqs to help lowbie non LE's, they should be very close to lawless.

my two cents
    When you remove the le you consent to PvP. we don't need to screw end game PvP on order to protect consenting non les. myself and alot of others start with no le. the challenge and dealing with defending yourself by yourself is what makes it fun. my noobs don't need copbots. my endgame fighters don't need copbots.

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    Yes ok that really works just asking everyone politely?
    if you want fights then yes. Plenty of people will accept.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Zoneline PvP is discouraged by the devs for some reason. pepper park is the best map for PvP. why do they devs resist PvP so much? Isn't that what our end game experience is?
    As I said before, I'm pretty sure the reason they hate it is the load on the server. I don't think they much care where you PvP, but every time you zone, you send and receive bulk data, so zoning back and forth firing at people can't be healthy for the network.

Rather than not being a lazy bum and quoting each persons reply, i'm just going to throw out my ideas and hope you guys know who im responding to or rather implicating.

I strongly would love to see PP as the place were PvP happens. I think it would be cool to see 0 Copbots in Pepperpark, but I wouldn't mind just having 1-2 STORMbots (think of them as a SWAT team) in place at the entrance/exit to Pepperpark. Think of it as "if you cross this line, we cannot protect you". That sort of feeling to Pepperpark is what it should be all about. Lawless and Chaotic; Mayhem.

I don't know if the real intent behind switching Plaza/Via to safe zones was because of the storyline or not, but clearly getting rid of DOY/TG/TH/MB (in respect to populated places) was not part of the storyline. With that being said, it's time to revert it to the way it once was in NC1. Pepper Park fights, but with tweaks that I noted above.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast