Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pro city / anti city

At whAt point if any will pro and anti city be enemies again? Is this strictly a server population issue?

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

They are still enemies, they just need to move Angels and twighlight back to TH and canyon respectively.

Personally I hated the red vs blue shite that DoY introduced with 'Pro vs Anti'. I much prefer how it is now.

So do I, I prefer it the way it was in NC1.

FWIW it was still pro-city vs. Anti in NC1 (though I agree that was specifically the best arrangement of hostilities/alliances, made the most sense.)

When it was still in Dev (and when it was the "DOY update" and not "The whole new game NC2" DoY was merely the Devs hackign out a finish to the content that was obviously intended in Nc1 but had been obviated by scope concerns. (Regants, inside the Dome, etc.) - We were waiting for DoY to be "The whole, real game." -- it's basically where Soon(tm) started (If you don't count the Jumpgate forums, but that's a different story.)

The storyline was very clear about where the lines were drawn and why, and all fo the anti-city *except* the inner-city gangsters lived outside of the "city proper." It's not "Red vs Blue" either, it's Blue vs. Red vs. Green if you look at the original fact alliances.

Anyway, just saying that factional harmony was never the intent and sort of ruins the point.

TBH, you make some sense, but other things you say make it look like you dont understand what he means by blue vs. red.

Then please elucidate! I think he means "This faction vs. that faction" but as I said, it has always been thus.

I meant with the G v B v R that it's not a two sided war. We've all got allies and enemies and if you group them up, it's not two sides, it is more like three.

Yeah you missed the point for sure.

Nc1 had complex faction alliances - like we have today. Where enemies of enemies can sometimes be neutral and other enemies can become friends if youre fighting a neutral who is their enemy. Makes sense? No. Good. That's because NC politics are one of the great things about the game. You never quite know who to trust.

Red Vs Blue in this instance means - BD FA TS CS and TG all being in the Dome (Red forces) and the "City" factions (NEXT, PP, BT, TT, CA) being in the City and therefore friendly to one another (Blue Forces). This leaves the City Mercs high and dry which is a bad move all by itself. It also did no good for any other politics. The old beefs werent played out too well with all of them moving to be all happy and nice together in the Dome, even though it was a complete shit hole that had just been nuked before they moved in....

On the whole - Nc1 politics and story lines are win. The NC2 move.... not so good.

Dope the stuff youre posting means you agree with Loki, but you just do not realise.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Yeah you missed the point for sure.

Nc1 had complex faction alliances - like we have today. Where enemies of enemies can sometimes be neutral and other enemies can become friends if youre fighting a neutral who is their enemy. Makes sense? No. Good. That's because NC politics are one of the great things about the game. You never quite know who to trust.

Red Vs Blue in this instance means - BD FA TS CS and TG all being in the Dome (Red forces) and the "City" factions (NEXT, PP, BT, TT, CA) being in the City and therefore friendly to one another (Blue Forces). This leaves the City Mercs high and dry which is a bad move all by itself. It also did no good for any other politics. The old beefs werent played out too well with all of them moving to be all happy and nice together in the Dome, even though it was a complete shit hole that had just been nuked before they moved in....

On the whole - Nc1 politics and story lines are win. The NC2 move.... not so good.

Dope the stuff youre posting means you agree with Loki, but you just do not realise.
    NC has one of the most complex faction systems out of any MMORPG ever made. It's what makes politics in game so interesting. Reverting to the pro vs anti of NC2 is definitely a step backwards.

Its seems to me that the community and the devs have forgotten that conflict is the basis of nc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Its seems to me that the community and the devs have forgotten that conflict is the basis of nc.
    Which is exactly what the current faction system is promoting, a basis for intricate conflicts. Just because you can't handle the faction system don't force a blue/red system on the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    you seem to have forgotten that the community IS neocron at the moment.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

The basis of NC are different factions which are companies in the same way. There is no orc's vs. trolls or something. There have ever been conflicts and to bring all Pepperpark and outside factions into the dome (instead of CM( and leave all plaza and via factions in neocron was a very bad choice which killed the playerbase by selecting. Factions became uninterested and it was just like red vs blue.

In my opinion relationships between factions should change. Even a faction in the luxurious position could get red to city admin if they do alot of shit like protopharm produces drugs for black dragon or tangent delivers weapons for tsunamies redlight destrict. To the kinda empty dome: There needs to be a plan to bring it back. These Wocruns are a joke for this kind of area but this is a point for the brainport.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    The basis of NC are different factions which are companies in the same way. There is no orc's vs. trolls or something. There have ever been conflicts and to bring all Pepperpark and outside factions into the dome (instead of CM( and leave all plaza and via factions in neocron was a very bad choice which killed the playerbase by selecting. Factions became uninterested and it was just like red vs blue.

In my opinion relationships between factions should change. Even a faction in the luxurious position could get red to city admin if they do alot of shit like protopharm produces drugs for black dragon or tangent delivers weapons for tsunamies redlight destrict. To the kinda empty dome: There needs to be a plan to bring it back. These Wocruns are a joke for this kind of area but this is a point for the brainport.
    I love the idea of dynamic faction allegiances that change along with the storyline.

Yeah, seems in that light that I agree.
    I also like dynamic faction alliances, it feels like the system was built to do that, but doesn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast