Default Make team members kickable?

Maybe I'm missing an existing topic, but I've used the forum search and I couldn't find anything related to this

Yesterday I've figured out that I would really appreciate a function to kick members out of my team, where as the definition of "my team" is a bit complicated as there is obviously no real team leader by now.

Maybe it's possible to pick up the "known team behaviour": The first person who invites another runner becomes the team leader and is therefore able to remove / kick members out of the team.

Vice versa, I could think of an option to "vote kick" the team leader from the members within this team. This'd be helpful in case the team leader wents AFK or something similar.

What do you guys think 'bout it?

Regards,
    Santo
    Last edited by Santo; 25-02-13 at 13:09.

The REAL Walker

I would love something like this.
    However, I fear that it would big a pretty big task (the Whole teaming function will probably have to be rewritten)
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

This would be really nice to have, i dunno how much work it'd be to miplement but it would help leveling teams quite a bit.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Yeah, I've wanted something like this for a while. Especially over the last few months. There seem to be a lot more leechers around than there used to be. It was rife with them during the double xp weekends.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Yeah, I've wanted something like this for a while. Especially over the last few months. There seem to be a lot more leechers around than there used to be. It was rife with them during the double xp weekends.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Very good proposition. I'd prefer a simple solution. Make it possible for everybody to kick any member. Because if someone kicks you there ain't no common ground anyway and you don't want to be in the team with that player anyway. You could always make your own new team or the other members of the team could kick that player and not re-invite him.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Very good proposition. I'd prefer a simple solution. Make it possible for everybody to kick any member. Because if someone kicks you there ain't no common ground anyway and you don't want to be in the team with that player anyway. You could always make your own new team or the other members of the team could kick that player and not re-invite him.
    I wouldnt like if everyone was able to kick everyone. Would cause griefers to join a team, just to kick everyone..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I wouldnt like if everyone was able to kick everyone. Would cause griefers to join a team, just to kick everyone..
    True that, but the griefer would be kicked too very quickly by the other team members. Or after the griefer has kicked everybody he will be alone in the team, and a new team will be formed without the griefer. The latter will happen anyway if somebody joins the team who is kicking people randomly.

The other idea is good too, having the guy who starts the team be the "team leader". My only concern was that it would be more difficult to implement, and cause new problems: If the guy goes afk or leaves the sector, what happens? Will he stay team leader athough he is in P1 now (for example)? Who will be next team leader after he leaves the team? Will it be chosen by name, rank, duration? Will the team leader really act at all if a griefing player is in team? Does he have the time atm or the knowledge? For example, the leader could be fighting or new folks would be overwhelmed by it. This means we'd still be having the same issues that we wanted a solution for.

Well, I guess there is no perfect solution again, and we will have to choose the one who fits best and has the fewest disadvantages

Cheers!
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 25-02-13 at 15:25. Reason: typo and more examples

Supporting this idea!

I don't think you should be able to team anyone not in your faction. Since when is city admin and black dragon on the same team? Just kidding...sometimes roleplay isn't as important as having fun and enjoying the game. whoever starts the team should have a kick function.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I don't think you should be able to team anyone not in your faction. Since when is city admin and black dragon on the same team? Just kidding...sometimes roleplay isn't as important as having fun and enjoying the game. whoever starts the team should have a kick function.
    topic?

Topic...team leader kick function. I agree it would be nice to have. Bigger team limits too.

Topic...team leader kick function. I agree it would be nice to have. Bigger team limits too.
    I also don't see the need for a team leader, everyone being able to kick would be fine. yes very occasionally people will troll and kick everyone but as mentioned the team will just reform without them.

Right now if there is a troll or a leacher in the team it has to reform anyways so I see everyone having a kick function as a good step in the right direction for teaming
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Sorry.. I didn't read the last part of it.

I am no supporter of the "everybody's able to kick everybody"-function. There are some basic methods in all MMOs like: Teamleader, Kick, Invite, Vote, Make a member to teamleader. This should be done right, when it will be done at all.

I think if everyone is able to kick then you would have situations where some poor guy (possibly even the guy who started the team) gets kicked because the team is full and somebodies friend has just turned up. I think a vote would be the only way to prevent most forms of abuse of the "Kick" system.
    Alternatively, giving everybody the ability to kick unless the team is full or almost full. At which point, only the Teamleader can do the kicking.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast