Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Because it doesnt do that. TH is the same as MB and TG canyon. The city is just that - the city with walls, guns and copbots. You already have reprogrammed copbots which TH never had originally. You also have turrets.

Like Doc said. Make a clan in TH and use it yourself and encourage your mates to come back there with your actions.
    And like I've said, without a safezone, noone's going to walk a bunch of rare parts into there to get constructed.
    TH is empy and will remain so all the time there's noone to use it. Tradeskills could bring more life into it.
    And all the time people have attitudes like yours LEs will remain in since there's no point in trying to make a clan with it's own identity any more since regardless of faction, everyone sits in Plaza 1. Since there's no gain to removing LE other than the ability to clan, why would people bother?

Amusingly you two that both have an issue with this are both in the same CA clan, with the HQ in plaza 1. It's not really a surprise that you want to keep everything on your doorstep. There's no reason not to make TH2 a safezone since it's empty and noone uses it, so it won't impact you at all, and it's not like traders are currently hanging around in non-safezones and will suddenly have somewhere safe to go.

clan tag has nothing to do with it. We are actually related but we are both adults and can form our own cognitive opinions. We just happen to agree.

It is still a crap idea.

P1 has always been the place where everyone goes to. When a noob starts in nc they gr to their apartment (after mc5) and the hub of everything nc - the beating heart of the game - is just a few zones away that they can walk to in relative safety.

You want to move that so that it is 5 zones out of the city and a danger to get to at 0/2.

The noobs need to see capped players in their armour standing around chatting and trading. It gives them something to aspire to and stick with the game for.

No - that is why it is a bad idea.

The rest of the factions can go to their own hqs and tradeskill - FA should not be any different.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

clan tag has nothing to do with it. We are actually related but we are both adults and can form our own cognitive opinions. We just happen to agree.

It is still a crap idea.

P1 has always been the place where everyone goes to. When a noob starts in nc they gr to their apartment (after mc5) and the hub of everything nc - the beating heart of the game - is just a few zones away that they can walk to in relative safety.

You want to move that so that it is 5 zones out of the city and a danger to get to at 0/2.

The noobs need to see capped players in their armour standing around chatting and trading. It gives them something to aspire to and stick with the game for.

No - that is why it is a bad idea.

The rest of the factions can go to their own hqs and tradeskill - FA should not be any different.
    Well no, that's not the way its always been. You live in NC as your HQ is in Plaza 1. I'm FA. My HQ is in TH. I want the same freedom to live and safely trade in my home as you enjoy. Just because they jammed new FA characters into possibly the worst apartment they could and chucked us into the outskirts of NC doesn't mean that's where everything should be done.

I'm not saying move anything anywhere. Plaza 1 should still remain a trade zone. I'm just saying so should FA. You don't have to use your HQ as a trade zone do you? You step out the door and you are in Plaza 1. I wonder if you would feel the same if your apartment got moved to the NC entrance and your HQ got dumped in the middle of the map.

Prior to the DoY deployment which destroyed the game, TH was a hugely popular trading hub and many of us want to live there. If you don't want to , that's fine, but you don't want FA to be able to live there and I really can't understand why. I'm not saying you have to do or change anything to do with how you play.

You keep saying we should be no different. We don't want to be. You all have a safe zone very close to your HQ that is not your HQ. I want the same. And just to reiterate, it would not even remotely affect you.

I dont care where the CA hq is. I have been Tangent, Crahn, Black Dragon, City Mercs and even FA during my NC career.

Prior to NC2 TH was exactly as it is today. People levelled there, lived there and traded there. You dont need a dedicated trade zone you have a HQ the same as every other faction.

There is a difference between ignorance and disagreement. I can see your point of view. I just disagree with it. It is not about how it affects me personally. I couldnt care less for me personally but what I can see is the Fallen Angels wanting their own zone separate to their hq to trade in. I do not see why you cannot use P1 the same as the rest of us. There is nothing special about the Fallen Angels that they should get their own zone. If I was anything other than City Admin currently you would have no valid argument against me.

TH is shit, thats why noone goes there unless to get to the smugglers/npcs.

If there were people there trading of course I would come there. I would come to trade with you and to kill you and I would expect you to defend your home the same as I do in the city.

I dont care where the CA hq is. I have been Tangent, Crahn, Black Dragon, City Mercs and even FA during my NC career.

Prior to NC2 TH was exactly as it is today. People levelled there, lived there and traded there. You dont need a dedicated trade zone you have a HQ the same as every other faction.

There is a difference between ignorance and disagreement. I can see your point of view. I just disagree with it. It is not about how it affects me personally. I couldnt care less for me personally but what I can see is the Fallen Angels wanting their own zone separate to their hq to trade in. I do not see why you cannot use P1 the same as the rest of us. There is nothing special about the Fallen Angels that they should get their own zone. If I was anything other than City Admin currently you would have no valid argument against me.

TH is shit, thats why noone goes there unless to get to the smugglers/npcs.

If there were people there trading of course I would come there. I would come to trade with you and to kill you and I would expect you to defend your home the same as I do in the city.
    But NOONE ELSE needs to use their faction HQ. Are you not even reading this every time I write it? Who's the ignorant one here. You say "use your HQ LIKE EVERYONE ELSE". but EVERYONE ELSE doesn't have to use their HQ. NC faction get to use Plaza 1. You can run from your HQ into the happiness of Plaza 1 in just a few minutes. AS FA we CANNOT DO THAT. We have to GR a 4k trip to the tradezone and have SI.

The point I'm making when i say it doesn't affect you is that you seem to have an opinion on this, but changing it would not even remotely affect your gameplay. Explain how you would be affected and why you disagree and maybe I'd understand your viewpoint, but all you seem to be saying to me is that I should put up with it the way it is cos you said so.

You don't like TH, I get that. Noones asking you to go there. And good luck killing me at TH. Like I said, if its not a safezone, I simply won't bother removing my LE from my tradeskillers. Well done for supporting the LE.

EDIT: I'm gonna have to stop reply to this for the time being i think. I'm suddenly having a bad day personally and don't want that to start affecting my posts on here.
    Last edited by Lucas Kell; 28-02-13 at 17:43.

I read it and understand it. I still disagree. I realise what you are saying but none of those reasons make me think that TH should have a safezone. You don't need to use your HQ, you still can do. That is fine.

I have given the reasons why I think this a few posts back. Because the noobs need to see plaza 1 being vibrant and happy to market the game to them. Taking that away is bad for marketing. I have already written this. I am not ignorant.

It does not cost 4k a trip to GR to p1. You have a clan apt and TH apts you can use to GR to plaza quite happily. You get an apt in the "new" outzone complex at the moment and you can happily gr from there. It is still only 1k.

This discussion has nothing to do with the LE. There are another 20 threads on that elsewhere. Personally I do not think any faction other than CA and maybe the allied factions should have the LE in but thats going way OT.

I have replied to your points carefully and thoughtfully. You should have another look through the posts I have made and see that that is the case.

I cant help that you are having a bad day but I have (I hope) at least made my points clear.

lol. all im gonna add to this is making TH a safespot would then encourage MB to become a safe spot and the canyon to become safe.

This is a shit idea.

TH was never the trade center of the universe and there were even stories written (NERD NC1) about the raids by System shock on pluto and the BD guys. This is what NC is all about. If you want to use your home and hang out there then defend it as well.

Build the faction up. build relations. Get something going with STD who are getting stronger as an FA clan. Remove the LE join a clan and do something creative and different. Form a trader clan. I can imagine more people will respect and support you more for this movement than trying to come and pk you because you might drop a tech part.

or keep your le in and cry about safezones and other stuff.

Fact is as william said, your arguement is flawed and we have both agreed that its not a great idea for the reasons mentioned. The game needs less safezones not more in certain areas. This is one of them. The only extra safezone this game needs is p2 in my honest opinion.

My only other possible suggestion to alter this in any way shape or form is make tech haven a warzone so u dont drop belts. Then see what happens.

I can only imagine
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Make it a warzone. Make it also grant bonuses like an op. 15 for fa and ten for friendlies 5 for neutrals with warzone sl belt drop rules. Better?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

I read it and understand it. I still disagree. I realise what you are saying but none of those reasons make me think that TH should have a safezone. You don't need to use your HQ, you still can do. That is fine.

I have given the reasons why I think this a few posts back. Because the noobs need to see plaza 1 being vibrant and happy to market the game to them. Taking that away is bad for marketing. I have already written this. I am not ignorant.

It does not cost 4k a trip to GR to p1. You have a clan apt and TH apts you can use to GR to plaza quite happily. You get an apt in the "new" outzone complex at the moment and you can happily gr from there. It is still only 1k.

This discussion has nothing to do with the LE. There are another 20 threads on that elsewhere. Personally I do not think any faction other than CA and maybe the allied factions should have the LE in but thats going way OT.

I have replied to your points carefully and thoughtfully. You should have another look through the posts I have made and see that that is the case.

I cant help that you are having a bad day but I have (I hope) at least made my points clear.
    You have made your point s clear and I appreciate them.
    Just to clarify though, I'm never saying take plaza 1 away from the noobs. I'm simply saying make more than one place for all of this to happen and encourage people to not live in Plaza forever. There's a whole world out there.

And thanks. I'm chilling out a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    lol. all im gonna add to this is making TH a safespot would then encourage MB to become a safe spot and the canyon to become safe.

This is a shit idea.

TH was never the trade center of the universe and there were even stories written (NERD NC1) about the raids by System shock on pluto and the BD guys. This is what NC is all about. If you want to use your home and hang out there then defend it as well.

Build the faction up. build relations. Get something going with STD who are getting stronger as an FA clan. Remove the LE join a clan and do something creative and different. Form a trader clan. I can imagine more people will respect and support you more for this movement than trying to come and pk you because you might drop a tech part.

or keep your le in and cry about safezones and other stuff.

Fact is as william said, your arguement is flawed and we have both agreed that its not a great idea for the reasons mentioned. The game needs less safezones not more in certain areas. This is one of them. The only extra safezone this game needs is p2 in my honest opinion.

My only other possible suggestion to alter this in any way shape or form is make tech haven a warzone so u dont drop belts. Then see what happens.

I can only imagine
    MB already is a safe zone...

I'm not saying TH was the trade zone of the universe, but it used to be another trade zone. I used to get all of my trade dealt with at TH.

As for less safezones, I'm happy with that as a solution too. Make Plaza 1 and MB non-safe so TH is the same. I'm just saying it used to be more fun when trade was spread out rather than always popping to Plaza 1 to get anything done. But all the time there is a globally accessible safezone in the game, that is where trade will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Make it a warzone. Make it also grant bonuses like an op. 15 for fa and ten for friendlies 5 for neutrals with warzone sl belt drop rules. Better?
    Do this to Plaza 1 and MB too, and yes, very happy with that alternative.

I sincerely hope this will never be seriously considered by the DEV team.

These guys are simply trying to get the DEV team to make the game "more convenient" for themselves and their factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I sincerely hope this will never be seriously considered by the DEV team.

These guys are simply trying to get the DEV team to make the game "more convenient" for themselves and their factions.
    Sigh... Variety in this game is clearly not what you guys are looking for then eh?

Just to clarify, i don't want anything more convenient. I just want TH to be back as a place that people actually go to so the whole bloody game doesn't occur in Plaza 1.

We're too few to have many trading centers.

This is quite obvious.

The last thing we want is useless safezones, and especially not ones made for the convenience of a certain Faction/Clan.

Looks like the only way to make everyone happy is to get rid of all the safezones near faction HQs and create a new safezone with a GR somewhere in the wasteland that isn't very close to any of the HQs.

Well this doesn't make everyone happy but it makes everyone equally pissed off so it's fair that way!

Make the le reimplantable. advertise the game in the usa. turn pepper park into a pvp zone. turn plaza and tech haven into pve tradeskill centers. get lykos back. bring runspeed back to pre patch levels. can't we all just get along? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post

Do this to Plaza 1 and MB too, and yes, very happy with that alternative.
    Its a good job you are in the minority then. you totally misunderstood the point of that alternative. You wanted a reason to go to TH. i gave you one. Now you say make mb the same.

I dont understand why you want to scatter the community and make people have to gr all over the place to find a trader when they know 99% of the time they will find one in plaza 1. However an alternative was offered which should be RESTRICTED to tech haven and actually follows the lore.

Im curious to ask because your forum join date tells me nothing but how long have you played and what versions.

Asking for p1 to be a non safe zone tells me you havent experienced how it was when it was a non safe zone.
    Something is wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast