Be nice if red SL players had one public place they could hang out at. I've not followed FA faction storyline at all to judge whether or not it'd be a legitimate request, but it is called Tech HAVEN.
    Last edited by Strife; 25-02-13 at 23:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    TH is so empty, as it's now surplus to requirements. Other than mission running in the HQ and a few people GRing there to use the vehicle depot, its simply unused. This is such a shame as so many people love TH. Making it a safezone and giving it back to traders would at least breathe a small amount of life back into it, and I hope would eventually turn it back into a popular place once again.
    If this is turned back into a safe zone, I for one plan on bringing back my TH trading clan and will operate out of TH as a primary base of operations.
    Yeah, that's true sadly. Was a nice atmosphere at the GRs when the room was crowded with very different nations^^

Let's change back to safezone

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

TH will be less empty when players start there again (look at Military Base, although the bunker has a lot to do with that too) and it is a valid base of operations (Buying Ammo and Sell things are quite important for that for example).

Also: Back in NC 1 there was a time when Angels made TH a safe trading zone for all - with their weapons in the hand. The reason: There were no safezones, period. And no Enemies of the City Administration could walk through Plaza 1 without attracting unwanted attention.
    I recognize though, that times have changed, and many players must be in the right frame of mind for that too, so that it can work.
    But I still think we have been cooked soft by all those new games that issue more and more "safety measures" so you can do nothing thats anywhere to be considered "bad". Examples:
    1) Thats your base. Oh and because enmies might come here we place High Level guards. Oh we noticed cooperating enemies will still manage with much losses to get in once in a while, so we decided the guards now instakill.
    2) Loss when dying. Startet with full loss at UO. A few Belt items in NC. Or Experience. Or maybe none at all? That seems to be the progression so far.
    3) Scamming - gets you banned in several games nowadays (Though I think that when you can't do anything to a scammer, thats the right decision. When you can hunt and kill that one though, its a different thing.

Hmm I am rambling about old times Guess I am getting old, should get a wheelchair ready I'll better stop it now. Some of the changes nowadays make for some interesting incentives though, thought I'll add that too.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post

Also: Back in NC 1 there was a time when Angels made TH a safe trading zone for all - with their weapons in the hand. The reason: There were no safezones, period.
    that. no one goes there right now. There is no one to fight so there is no need for a safe zone. If TH raids were an issue then this could be considered. As there are No fallen angels that active there is no reason to raid and therefore there are no reasons for it to be a safe zone. If you make a trader clan and you advertise as such (like phoenix or what ever in the past) and you decide to trade there you have your faction HQ like everyone else.

personally if you are gonna make TH safe then you might as well make the canyon safe too. You could argue by extension that you should then make pepper park safe as its the home of Crahn, Tsunami and Black Dragon.
    e
    Sorry but the "glory" days of tech haven being a trade hub is gone. it served its purpose. Using the argument of the enemies of CA walking around p1 is bad rp doesn't wash either before anyone suggests it.

People don't walk around in the imagination of a cyberpunk world that i have with a big box above their head stating their faction allegiance. they will wear identifying clothing or marks only when required and will generally attempt to blend in with the masses.

Im disagreeing on the safezone issue and i hope that this is a fair counterargument as to why.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    that. no one goes there right now. There is no one to fight so there is no need for a safe zone. If TH raids were an issue then this could be considered. As there are No fallen angels that active there is no reason to raid and therefore there are no reasons for it to be a safe zone. If you make a trader clan and you advertise as such (like phoenix or what ever in the past) and you decide to trade there you have your faction HQ like everyone else.

personally if you are gonna make TH safe then you might as well make the canyon safe too. You could argue by extension that you should then make pepper park safe as its the home of Crahn, Tsunami and Black Dragon.
    e
    Sorry but the "glory" days of tech haven being a trade hub is gone. it served its purpose. Using the argument of the enemies of CA walking around p1 is bad rp doesn't wash either before anyone suggests it.

People don't walk around in the imagination of a cyberpunk world that i have with a big box above their head stating their faction allegiance. they will wear identifying clothing or marks only when required and will generally attempt to blend in with the masses.

Im disagreeing on the safezone issue and i hope that this is a fair counterargument as to why.
    Yes, noone goes there, so as it currently sits there is no point to having TH at all.
    My reasons for wanting this to be a safe zone are clear:
    1. It's currently unused, and traders could bring at least a little life back to it.
    2. All trade is done in Plaza 1 now, and I'd like to try to spread the population out again.
    3. I love TH and want it back!

I understand why people would be hesitant about adding another safe zone, but in my mind to spread out trading its either that, or remove all safe zones, which would then lead to a bigger issue with tradeskillers.

The canyon doesn't really need to be safe, as its not a place that's accessible to everyone, since you need to walk past grim chasers to get in, and the guards shoot nearly everybody. I'm certainly not suggesting anything like making pepper park safe. All I'm suggesting is that there should be more to trade than Plaza 1 and spreading to another NC zone is keeping everyone in there. Spreading trade back to TH fits with RP as FA are primarily tradeskillers, and it helps move the population out of a single concentrated area. It should have a minimal impact on anyone else too as it's such an unused sector.

I really don't see the point in spreading out the tradeskillers. P1 is essentially the marketplace where everyone can go to trade. Why can't I get my stuff ressed and built in the same place, and maybe some pokes while I wait? What is the point in creating the chance of GR hopping to get all those things done?
    Make TH sec 2 a safezone by all means (I don't think it will affect the game greatly) people will still flock to Plaza, traders and runners alike. TH is an awesome place, stunningly different to the rest of the wastes and cities, and I would love to see FA move back home. But I still don't see the fascination with moving trade form P1 for the sake of a change of scenery. Give us incentives, reasons, story and I'll pack up my shit and move there happily.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

People don't walk around in the imagination of a cyberpunk world that i have with a big box above their head stating their faction allegiance.
    Maybe the faction info above the char's head should be removed.

i personally think its a great idea. i love TH and sad its so quiet. TH is a good place for a hub as nc/mb its close to regents (for when its closed) and fallen angels are yhe tradeskillers of nc.

I wish we still started there and its a awesome designed place. The loss of a pvp zone isnt going to affect anything really as u havethe whole wastes for pvp. People saying we have plaza and yeah we do but whats wrong with having two differny places or 3 or 4? competion will be started then and people will go where ever they have to go to get to there favourite resser/cst etc?

im all for it and wish it will happen....just cant see it happening atm unless the gms are going to move the storyline along and can implement this then......

p.s i want my lovely TH starter appy again

I would rather RAID TH than Trade there.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I dont think TH2 should be safe.

Kami...i want to poke you in tech haven and only gr to p1 to complete a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazeler View Post
    p.s i want my lovely TH starter appy again
    Yes... Yes to this...

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I would rather RAID TH than Trade there.
    You already can raid there... there's just nothing to fight

FA People. You have your HQ for safe trading. So does every other faction. Get over this whole we want TH as a safespot please.

Go and live there and build a decent clan and hang out there and use faction chat. I implore you to do that because when you do i will come there and trade bullets with you or trade stories. which ever is appropriate at the time.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

FA People. You have your HQ for safe trading. So does every other faction. Get over this whole we want TH as a safespot please.

Go and live there and build a decent clan and hang out there and use faction chat. I implore you to do that because when you do i will come there and trade bullets with you or trade stories. which ever is appropriate at the time.
    Why should we have to tuck ourselves away in our HQ, when all NC based factions can just hang out in Plaza 1? A nice central location for them.
    Them leaving it a non-secure zone simply means 2 things:
    1. My tradeskillers will remain LEd
    2. TH will remain dead.

If you say we should have to use our HQ for trade, then so should everyone and Plaza 1 and MB 1 should no longer be safe. This in turn would destroy safe trade and reinforce the use of the LE.

From the sounds of it you are a PvP player. Why would you want to oppose something that is designed to encourage people to drop their LE in favour of a clan and travel out of P1?

Because it doesnt do that. TH is the same as MB and TG canyon. The city is just that - the city with walls, guns and copbots. You already have reprogrammed copbots which TH never had originally. You also have turrets.

Like Doc said. Make a clan in TH and use it yourself and encourage your mates to come back there with your actions.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast