Default Make TH Sec 2 a Secure Zone

I love Fallen Angels, an I love Tech Haven, but currently it impossible to use TH as a base of operations for trade, as there's no safe part of it (except the FAHQ). Plaza 1 is the neocron secure area, MB has the main MB sector 1 as secure, so why does TH not have this secure zone around it main GRs?

I want this to be a safe haven so we can start to spread industry out of the single Plaza 1 sector it currently exists in (and actually get some population in TH again).

How about you keep that precious le in your head and stop trying to kill pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    How about you keep that precious le in your head and stop trying to kill pvp.
    Productive comment.

I'm not trying to kill PvP. In fact I'd like more people to be able to take their LEs out, and am a firm believer the LEs should have a level limit. That's why secure sectors for trade are vital. That's why Plaza 1 is secure. I just think that with TH being the home of Fallen Angels, and Fallen Angels being the guys that deal in tradeskills as a core part of their description, they should have a trade area to work from. This isn't just about protecting the traders either. Bringing rare parts for construction or bringing an unpoked MC5 to a non-safe zone is a risk, which is why everyone goes to Plaza 1.

Noone even exists in TH and I'm purely talking about spreading trade, so how is this even remotely killing PvP?

Alright. i see your pve point of view as more important than one more pvp zone. i like your idea and would like to see it implemented. my only issue previously was that it didn't seem you considered pvp i the proposal.

Oh...remotely killing pvp by giving up a pvp zone entirely for pve. but i do agree that it is a good exchange.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 24-02-13 at 23:09. Reason: Please take advantage of the 30 minutes edit window.

Alright. i see your pve point of view as more important than one more pvp zone. i like your idea and would like to see it implemented. my only issue previously was that it didn't seem you considered pvp i the proposal.
    Oh...remotely killing pvp by giving up a pvp zone entirely for pve. but i do agree that it is a good exchange.
    There are hundreds of zones to PvP in and only a couple of safe trade zones, and I never see anyone at all in TH section 2. In fact, this idea is more likely to promote PvP in the surrounding areas again.
    Please don't think for a second that the idea here is to in any way prevent PvP, it's more a way to try to encourage people to start using more than just one single sector for everything they do, which should help improve both trade and PvP.
    Oh and just to clarify, this is not PVE, this is trade. Trade spans the gap between PvE and PvP and is a core element to the way Neocron plays.

Unless there are some sort of restrictions for runners to be in P1 (like Copbots being hostile to certain factions) there is no need to move from P1. Almost everyone is currently based in the city, even FA and TG, so it would mean extra travelling for most runners.
    Tradeskillers will stick to P1 because that's what everyone is familiar with and they would be lessening their chances for trade if they were to try and guess where they should offer their services.
    There's basically no incentive or reason to attempt to trade elsewhere so people won't.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I believe the gentleman pointed out quite a few valid reasons for his suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Unless there are some sort of restrictions for runners to be in P1 (like Copbots being hostile to certain factions) there is no need to move from P1. Almost everyone is currently based in the city, even FA and TG, so it would mean extra travelling for most runners.
    Tradeskillers will stick to P1 because that's what everyone is familiar with and they would be lessening their chances for trade if they were to try and guess where they should offer their services.
    There's basically no incentive or reason to attempt to trade elsewhere so people won't.
    I'd love to tradeskill in Tech Haven again. Plaza 1 is nice and all, but Tech Haven is home. I'd like to think that over time, the trades would spread. Coming from anywhere but NC, generepping to TH is no different to Plaza 1, so I don't think people would mind which place they had to jump to.

If this happens, i will go back to my anti-city chill spot also. it would be nice if red sl chars could do tradeskills there also. Im on board.

Other than it being nice to have a change, and TH being a interesting setting I don't see any reasons currently as to why anyone would go there to trade. It was only used in the past because it was neutral territory between DoY and NC. Why would people pay GR fees and wait on SI wearing off just so they can look at a different set of walls while they get their stuff ressed?
    As it stands, I think it's a complete non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    Coming from anywhere but NC, generepping to TH is no different to Plaza 1, so I don't think people would mind which place they had to jump to.
    Like I said, most runners are based in NC. There's only CM that start outside the city and plenty of them end up buying their apartments in NC anyway.

If TH were to provide a +5 OP style bonus to all tradeskills in sector 2 then yes, we'd all trade there. A change of scenery just isn't enough to get people moving though.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I have known alot of people in game. you have the p1 nub crowd and the guys who like being separate from procity. we speak fondly of tech haven as it was before. Currently all factions are allowed in p1 which i don't like. so besides having a few things to gain and a few things left to pan out...what do we have to lose by making th sec2 safe? We have one useless pvp zone to lose. that is well worth losing if it stimulates pro/anti city sentiment. i hate being surrounded by all the dudes in p1. Id appreciate the change of scenery completely.

+1 This is not a bad idea, and I don't even think that giving up a sector that was ostensibly "for trade" in the first place (i.e. this was the gather spot for those living in TH, where pro-cities have trouble going) is a good trade(TM) - I'm in.

Somewhat related, I'd also like a way to earn enough fact. symp with FA to be allowed in as BD and get my fly pad back.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I am a Fallen Angel, I love them, I love Tech Haven, I would like traders to be there again - but I just can't bring myself to see it with a safe sector again. I was so glad when that one was finally gone. Of course its true that Military Base does have a safe sector, but the Canyon, as far as i am informed, does not. And I think thats alright that way.
    It also says in the faction description that it is for advanced players.

I also want to add: While it seems very common to have only pure traders, it is not the only solution. With very few points it is possible to have enough fighting skill to make a contribution, and its possible to defend.
    Of course, as long as there is a safe zone somewhere were everybody can come to, it doesn't really matter if safe or not, why should someone come there?

On the other hand, as soon as either:
    1) Safe zones are not avaiable so readily for all anymore, or
    2) Not every faction is welcome anymore at plaza 1
    There will be new trading zones - safezone or no safezone.

I still believe that when there is a need to protect your finest, your best, your traders - then it will really build a community. When noone is needed for safety, what do you need others for?
    Thats the main reason for my position in that matter i think.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

The golden age of a TH safezone around the GRs was due to the existence of the polarized red/blue/ city/anti-city phase of Dome of York in NC 2.x.

At this time TH was a preferred meeting and trading point for all, Red and Blue. TH was nearly such important (or even more) for trading and meeting as P1 is.

But with the abolition of DOY TH never had this function. It's now the home of the FA (like Deus post describes) and not more (and not less). So i doubt that it would make sense to make a safezone again although the place seems not to be attractive for pvp.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    I am a Fallen Angel, I love them, I love Tech Haven, I would like traders to be there again - but I just can't bring myself to see it with a safe sector again. I was so glad when that one was finally gone. Of course its true that Military Base does have a safe sector, but the Canyon, as far as i am informed, does not. And I think thats alright that way.
    It also says in the faction description that it is for advanced players.

I also want to add: While it seems very common to have only pure traders, it is not the only solution. With very few points it is possible to have enough fighting skill to make a contribution, and its possible to defend.
    Of course, as long as there is a safe zone somewhere were everybody can come to, it doesn't really matter if safe or not, why should someone come there?

On the other hand, as soon as either:
    1) Safe zones are not avaiable so readily for all anymore, or
    2) Not every faction is welcome anymore at plaza 1
    There will be new trading zones - safezone or no safezone.

I still believe that when there is a need to protect your finest, your best, your traders - then it will really build a community. When noone is needed for safety, what do you need others for?
    Thats the main reason for my position in that matter i think.
    The problem is, its not just the the traders that need protection, noone is going to wander their very valuable parts into a non-safezone to be constructed, where they cannot be stored in a locked slot. It simply means that trading can only stand a chance where there is a safezone. While I appreciate the need for combat and risk, the way tradeskilling works in NC simply doesn't allow for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    The golden age of a TH safezone around the GRs was due to the existence of the polarized red/blue/ city/anti-city phase of Dome of York in NC 2.x.

At this time TH was a preferred meeting and trading point for all, Red and Blue. TH was nearly such important (or even more) for trading and meeting as P1 is.

But with the abolition of DOY TH never had this function. It's now the home of the FA (like Deus post describes) and not more (and not less). So i doubt that it would make sense to make a safezone again although the place seems not to be attractive for pvp.

Reed
    TH is so empty, as it's now surplus to requirements. Other than mission running in the HQ and a few people GRing there to use the vehicle depot, its simply unused. This is such a shame as so many people love TH. Making it a safezone and giving it back to traders would at least breathe a small amount of life back into it, and I hope would eventually turn it back into a popular place once again.
    If this is turned back into a safe zone, I for one plan on bringing back my TH trading clan and will operate out of TH as a primary base of operations.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast