Default PVE micro event: skirmish monster groups in the Wastes

One idea for PVE content which was orginally introduced by Tabula Rasa:

There were locations (bunkers, buildings etc) which were invaded after some time by spawning waves of hordes of monsters. The spwan timer was different from location to location but was within 20 minutes i guess. In this "automatic micro events" most one player had no chance at all, multiplay was needed.

If the players weren't able to hold these locations really remained under control of the monsters.

This system is now similar implemented in Guild Wars 2 and is very appreciated by players.

This would add an interesting variant for leveling up for all.

I would like to see something like this introduced in Neocron also. There are enough "forgotten" locations on the map, why not start with a pilot at one of this ?

Reed

Sounds interesting. What happens if the players do hold the location? What is the purpose or reward? Would these locations be similar to OP's and give smaller bonus to players?

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Sounds interesting. What happens if the players do hold the location? What is the purpose or reward? Would these locations be similar to OP's and give smaller bonus to players?
    Has to be worked out, yes. But the main aspect is that we have here a sort of "spontaneous" grouping/ teaming of players. In GW2 and TR it is/was supported by signals on the map/ area which draw attention fo players who are near to this.

GW2 adds here special little boss spawn event. There are some locations where much more than 10 players are needed to defeat bthe boss. But it is no closed inatance but open for all.

Incentives could be primary xp/ loot (loot mechanism) and perhaps some "local bonuses".

Reed

I actually enjoyed those mini events that were going on in GW2. It rallied players and it didn't even force grouping. Some you could do with a few people and some required much more.

It doesn't have to start out that intricate even. Just start out with putting a few high level mobs (either higher than 127/127 or with very high resists and make SURE it cannot be done by a few players only) on a spawn timer in random zones with a guaranteed loot of like x tech parts / Ceres discs / other high valuable loot. It will for sure present both PvE and PvP action.

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

GMs do that kind of stuff already - never had so much fun like the 100 Hurler at MB Bunker controlled by a giant warbot Keep 'em coming ^^

I think you would need to have a GM here for that and those guys already have their hands full as it is.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I think you would need to have a GM here for that and those guys already have their hands full as it is.
    This proposition isn't so different from the already implemented behavior for mob spawns, actually. What it would change however is that mobs aren't scattered around the sector anymore, wildly grouping at senseless points like the zoneline. Instead it would be more like the bunker at MB. The difference could be that the mobs could spawn anywhere on the map but they would migrate to that special point of interest, like some old house. There the players could wait, hide and fight them.

At least that would be an implementation that could be done with a reasonable effort, I guess.