They could only do this if they made the missions harder. At the moment, doing very hard research missions is a super easy task, and even the kill mission, killing launchers is not difficult at all. So if they increase the SL gain on the very hard missions, they really need to make the actually be very hard, otherwise SL will become even more pointless than it currenlty is, and allied killing will be even more rife.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Strife comes up with a fair way to create better pvp . a better way to reward missions. a much needed change the sl system. and once again pve players completely miss the point and instead suggest doing more to further pve at the expense of pvp end game. once again, pvp is tossed aside at the expense of pvp.

What has been tossed aside? What are you talking about? Nothing has been decided, the thread is still open for discussion and people are talking about the pro's and cons. Fucking hissy fits and attention seeking rants every time a couple of people disagree with how you want to change the game.

I think there should be greater rewards (monetary, xp and SL/symp) for the more difficult missions. But Faid has a point about the difficulty of the "Very Hard" missions. Most of them aren't that hard and need to be adjusted accordingly.
    For the record, I believe Aggi Caps are in "Hard" and Launchers are in "Very Hard", but the point is still valid. Surely you should need to be a much higher level to do "Very Hard" missions. Many noobs go straight to the cellars to level, so they can't be that "Hard" and plenty of low level runners are often around the bunker.

As for requiring to be able to actually Rec, Res, etc for the missions, I'd like to talk this through more.
    Are those missions specifically there for any runner to gain xp, cash, SL/symp or are they there for tradeskillers to level and earn?
    This question is largely aimed at the Devs.
    If it's the former then I would follow up with the question "Why is nothing more suitable in place to cater for everyones abilities?".
    If it's the latter then I would suggest that more suitable missions for everyone should be in place. Warriors should be able to get a mission that requires 50 DoY bot kills to get 50 symp. These numbers are here to be discussed so don't explode at me for the suggestion.
    Tradeskillers would obviously do the tradeskill missions for their gains.
    I do firmly believe that for the Warrior missions, there should be no chance of rare drops. This is meant to be a chore after all and shouldn't be rewarded with high-end game content.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

When a pvp guy talks about making better pvp he always considers roleplay and its impact on pve players. when the carebears speak on subjects, they completely disregard pvp. You sir will have me sitting on a gr camping techhaven. What will you do then becAuse you got owned? Suggest a fix for pvp once again?
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 24-02-13 at 20:54.

When a pvp guy talks about making better pvp he always considers roleplay and its impact on pve players. when the carebears speak on subjects, they completely disregard pvp. You sir will have me sitting on a gr camping techhaven. What will you do then becAuse you got owned? Suggest a fix for pvp once again?
    More crap.

Until you stop putting everyone who disagrees with you into one broad category, you and your ideas will get little to no respect.
    Most people in game already ignore you because of your labelling of LE players as "fags" and "exploiters". People are already starting to ignore a few of your posts here. I don't know if you get a kick out of alienating people, but soon there will be few left to read your game ideas.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-02-13 at 18:05. Reason: spamming/flaming
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

The soul light system and pvp penalties and reward are being tossed aside. tl150 missions are the only thing keeping pvp soul light barely afloat. making mission less rewarding and more boring will only serve to make the red sl and unbalanced sl system worse.

The soul light system and pvp penalties and reward are being tossed aside. tl150 missions are the only thing keeping pvp soul light barely afloat. making mission less rewarding and more boring will only serve to make the red sl and unbalanced sl system worse.
    The tl150 research missions are specifically designed for high level researchers to do the missions, not for red SL / low symp people to cheat the system. I don't see how fixing something that has been abused for years is a bad thing, the res missions should be for ressers.

Maybe instead of relying on tl150 missions to keep your pvp soul light afloat you should do as the game intended and not kill allies or nuetrals so often. As was stated before the harder missions should reward more but the missions should actually be harder. Kill 50 warbots gain 50 SL, something along these lines. I don't think it should be so incredible easy to toss aside the SL/symp rules. As it stands they are the only thing keeping people in check, as is evident from the recent attempts to negate them.

If i can target a person....i will shoot that person. We have a system in place for allowing that. You cannot disregard the current broken systems when they are directly related. If we are not to be able to shoot allies, why am i given the choice? You admit that making changes to the system is harmful to red sl and ganking neuts. Yet you seem to think eliminating the choice to shoot by raising penalties is fine to do. We need ways to regain sl. atm you are asking to destroy choices and also to build pve only with no thoughts of the actual game as a whole.

You certainly have the choice to shoot who ever you want, you also have to live with the consequences, thats how the game was designed and intended to be. If you eliminate the consequences you eliminate the choice there in.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    You certainly have the choice to shoot who ever you want, you also have to live with the consequences, thats how the game was designed and intended to be. If you eliminate the consequences you eliminate the choice there in.
    The poetic justice of cause and effect.

Best post in the thread.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The consequences of defending yourself from attacks from 3 faction members killing you? They take a slight SL hit for killing you. If you kill them, you're far enough into the negative to drop your first slot. It gets old

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    You certainly have the choice to shoot who ever you want, you also have to live with the consequences.
    Quoted for truth and beauty.

Also it should be possible to defend oneself. On the other hand, if its not as easy (its easy but boring) to get Soullight back, it doesn't matter, the ones killing allies will soon be in the yellow or red zone and stay there, and one can defend against them without problem.

Also on the thread: I think it would be quite good to have the harder missions really harder (and longer, makes no sense to leave the city for 5 kills) but more rewarding.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

If i can target a person....i will shoot that person. We have a system in place for allowing that. You cannot disregard the current broken systems when they are directly related. If we are not to be able to shoot allies, why am i given the choice? You admit that making changes to the system is harmful to red sl and ganking neuts. Yet you seem to think eliminating the choice to shoot by raising penalties is fine to do. We need ways to regain sl. atm you are asking to destroy choices and also to build pve only with no thoughts of the actual game as a whole.
    So the game dictates that you can kill allies therefore you will? Fair enough. The game also dictates there should be consequences for those actions but you seem to be stuck in bitch-fit mode about this. It is evident that you only want to obey the rules that suit you. As a result your opinion on such matters is less than worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    So the game dictates that you can kill allies therefore you will? Fair enough. The game also dictates there should be consequences for those actions but you seem to be stuck in bitch-fit mode about this. It is evident that you only want to obey the rules that suit you. As a result your opinion on such matters is less than worthless.
    [ edited ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 26-02-13 at 10:50. Reason: Trolling

I agree that rewards should be consistent with difficulty but it seems as though the agenda for some in NC is to bring the FPS end of the game hurtling forwards and turn NC into a fullblown shoot all with no consequence. This game is not that simple and that is one of the fundamental reasons it has survived this long.

If you want pure combat 24-7 go to an op owned by a clan that has players online and hack the first layer.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast