Default Very hard missions should give more SL/Symp than Very Easy.

bam.

Agreed, please make this happen

Very good idea. The current gains are laughable.

The REAL Walker

Yeah this is something we all should be able to agree on.
    That very easy missions gives the same symp/SL as very hard just does not make any sence.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

No, because this is trying to make the game easier, not more exciting. But, thes, there should be very hard missions, like "kill 5 chaos queens" or "kill 5 big hoverbots".

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    No, because this is trying to make the game easier, not more exciting. But, thes, there should be very hard missions, like "kill 5 chaos queens" or "kill 5 big hoverbots".
    Lol. no its not. its not affecting difficulty at all. Its increasing the reward to match the level.

He didnt say change the very hard missions to make them harder. he said increase the reward from them.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Because there's nothing more exciting than doing 400 recycle missions for symp and SL...

Why does every single suggestion need to make the game more exciting for you Torg? There's somethings that just make no sense if you think about them for a nanosecond, the SL/Symp gains being the same for all missions is one of those cases, no changing it won't make the game more exciting, it certainly won't make it less exciting either. It will however make it more consistent and even more fun by cutting down people's time spent on boring stuff like mission grinding, so they can go back to doing the exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    Because there's nothing more exciting than doing 400 recycle missions for symp and SL...
    so - what if you stopped killing allies in P2 instead? or kill them in warzones or neofrag, maybe? look: its a game, and it has rules, and if you decide to play against the rules, the game still lets you get back to normal, but only on a long and tiresome route. wahts wrong with that? do you want to have neocrons rules changed to "shoot anyone, get no penalties", like any online shooter?

I think only a merginal increase would be needed

perhaps 1 symp for a very easy and 2 symp for a very hard with 1.5 for a medium would be fair, soul light gains should be the same

However I would advise caution against creating a huge gap like (ie 1 for very easy and 5 for very hard) else It would just become too easy to hand in a bunch of cubes with negative soul light or grind to 90 rep in half an hour.

Please see my thread about revamping the mission model completely
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...sion-Revamping
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

The REAL Walker

Keep in mind that you need a fairly high symp with the faction you want to do very hard missions for. So you could quickly fuck yourself over
    However, I still do agree that the difference shouldnt be too big.
    As long as there is a difference Im happy tbh..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I did keep that in mind, but I think that double the symp is enough of a difference I would be happy to give like 10 symp for the very hard missions if they were split as I suggested and you had "epic" versions which required 50 kills or 30 blueprints etc
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

What could be more exciting than running 600 recycle missions? How about enjoying the pvp end game that we actually log on to do? If the penalties outweigh the rewards...we can just continue to play warz and dust514?

I have the choice to target anyone i please. why don't we just eliminate the chance to target anyone but reds? You talk like killing allies is not allowed. it iz allowed but it comes with penAlties. the penalties and rewards for pvp have worked to kill end game pvp.

I'd be on board with more symp for harder missions if the missions were actually harder.

Rework the very hard missions, make them "very hard". Intead of "kill 5 aggie captains" which is not very hard for anyone, make it something like "kill 5 Grim persecutors" or "kill 5 five chaos soldiers". In fact they should make the very hard missions compatible with the high level dungeons like Doy tunnels, Swamp caves, Chaos caves, crystal caves etc. Just put City Coms outside there entrances and you're good to go.

It would probably be a good idea to fix the mission system as whole also. Make it the way it was intended originally. Fix the recycle missions so you actually have to do the recycling to get the credit, this way it isn't a "go to the store and buy a few cheap chemicals" mission. Do this with the research missions especially, make it so you have to actually do the researching. This would fix the huge macro'ing tl150 cubes problem as well.
    Last edited by Faid; 24-02-13 at 19:27. Reason: Typo's

Strife comes up with a fair way to create better pvp . a better way to reward missions. a much needed change the sl system. and once again pve players completely miss the point and instead suggest doing more to further pve at the expense of pvp end game. once again, pvp is tossed aside at the expense of pvp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast