Default Solution to clan wars/SL griefing/Broken SL issues.

Id like to argue the finer points of this scenario.

-Being in the same clan should follow the same rules as being in the same team at all times.
    This accounts for friendly fire
    -Unlimited Hostile wars.
    Its more just roleplay to declare a war on natural reds anyway.
    -Soul light/Symp gains rewarded for all red on red kills in all sectors. +3 for each kill.
    Promotes OP war fighting as the best option and still promotes zoneline fights.
    -Allied war limited to one (known as Feuds or some shit).
    This will stop clans from warring the entire server (which i would do and you know it)
    -Feuding clans suffer -3 SL and Symp losses for both the attacker and for each kill.
    This ensures equal treatment to both parties.
    -Zero SL/Symp Gains for feuding clan related fights.
    This makes the entire war a penalty on those involved
    -Feuds declared as valid when all members rank 12 and above agree by vote. Initiated by any single clan.
    -Feuds are ended when a GM demands or both Clan leaders agree to cancel known as Accepting Peace Agreement.
    -Accepting a peace agreement results in 0 Symp for the defeated clan.
    Its like saying the faction forgives you but hasn't forgotten.
    -Soul light natural regen occurs at 3 SL per hour.
    This is like being in jail with time to think about your actions. Waiting is a consequence.
    -Ally ganks result in -20 SL/Symp for the runner that initiated the fight. Also triggers Agressive Target timer.
    -Agressive Target timer (like getting aggro) starts when you attack an ally.
    -Agressive Target timer lasts 10 minutes.
    -Agression counts toward the entire clan attacked.
    -No penalty on SL or Symp when attacking an Agressive target.
    -Agressive Target timer is nottriggered when attacking a runner who is currently marked as Agressive.
    -Agressive Target will not be triggered when attacking a feuding clan.
    -Sympathy does not naturally regen above 14
    This number should tie into mission requirements

This system could work but needs tweeked. Please dont tear it apart at the core without thinking about related issues like the broken SL system, broken clan war system, and consider griefing in your thoughts. Nuetral factions still need to be worked out.

Maybe I need to break it down so people bother to read it?
    Standardized SL/Symp gains and losses.
    Declare war on one green clan
    Agression timers

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Starting Post
    Weird...
    That might really work.

-Soul light/Symp gains rewarded for all red on red kills in all sectors. +3 for each kill.
    That part (The SL part) might still be exploited, but otherwise, although I have read it through 3 times, it seems a sound and overall system, protects roleplay, works against ganking and let wars be done, but not against the whole server and also not unlimited against one allied or neutral clan.

-Soul light natural regen occurs at 3 SL per hour.
    That part might be debatable also, but as it is somewhat similar at the moment, I guess I could live with it.
    But if that system were considered I would be very happy with that solution, if the time had to be active play time, though I don't know how hard that would be to code. Maybe by exclusion of some zones from the timer, and not counting when the player is dead.

P.S. The broken down system leaves out several points of the starting post, that for me would be very important, so its not really an option to just discuss over that I fear.

P.P.S. After some of the posts and the spam posting before I guess you must give others time to bother to read that one also. And also time to think that through, since it is an actual complicated system, where several components working together must be considered to find out the whole impact.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

There is one big risk in all the clan wars issues: It may destroy entirely the known Neocron setting and rendering everything like the factions etc. complete useless.

Do you guys take care for this ?

Most ideas here for clan wars always coem frome the same gank/grief corner. Thte try is to make pvp possible without any penalties between everbody, legalize killing at will. And everywhere. This turns Neocron in a complete other direction: Factions are not valid anymore, only clans declare war on other clans.

If this is set up we'll get a very simple multiplayer shooter game. I cannot see the chance to establish here a storyline / setting with quality.

The setting is what determines the game structure today, look at the locations, the copbots, parting the game world. If one establish a free for all wargames then this dont makes sense anymore.

One of the unique game identification is lost.

Therefore i would prefer a more simple and thus a less important "dueling" system, which does not affect the Neocron world that much and that badly.

Reed

Since the system would be highly exploitable, eliminAte positive sl gains from a red on red kill.
    place an npc in all faction hqs. npc mission is to kill an enemy of the faction. mission objective is complete with the death of an enemy. second mission objective is to turn in dogtags /55 and above. rewArd is 3 sl and symp. 30000 credits. repeatable once an hour. Only runners /55 and up can accept the mission.
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 23-02-13 at 22:49.

This change along with Strife's suggestion to make very hard cc missions give 1 sl/symp instead of .334 could bring pvp back to healthy levels. atm, myself and alot of others are playing different games becAuse end game pvp in neocron is simply forgotten about and overlooked.
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 23-02-13 at 23:00.