Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wisdom of Ceres Spell for APU and Re-implementation of Holy Para

I wanted to see what the community thinks about this idea for new APU Spell:

WOC Viable on Monks
    In order to make APUs playable and restore a little more balance to the game: I suggest making a Regents Run
    which delivers a rare Toxic Beam that does stack poison damage for apus.

APUs viable at outpost wars
    Re-implement Holy para that freezes and slows like it did in nc1.
    Now hear me out. It should cast like anti buff, use large amount of mana and cast very slowly.
    This would make the antishock drugs useful again and also make people think twice before having a
    Mach-10 speed-10 drug setup.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your flaming.

Good ideas for new content. I am not in favour of changing drug setups without full discussion of the implications.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangClan View Post
    APUs viable at outpost wars
    Re-implement Holy para that freezes and slows like it did in nc1.
    Now hear me out. It should cast like anti buff, use large amount of mana and cast very slowly.
    This would make the antishock drugs useful again and also make people think twice before having a
    Mach-10 speed-10 drug setup.
    So you want the ONLY good thing that 2.2 did, back? Are you fucking kidding me..?
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    So you want the ONLY good thing that 2.2 did, back? Are you fucking kidding me..?

The REAL Walker

*idiotic video reply*
    Well thought out answer......
    Im guessing that you never followed the forum much (I can see that from your forum post count, so dont bother answering that..)?
    And Im guessing that you didnt PVP much either back then? At least not in opfights...

Para was the one and only reason why there were so many people just running around looking for eachother (to fight obviously), instead of opfighting..

*sigh* hope i kept from using personal assaults, eventhough it was very hard in this case..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Well thought out answer......
    Im guessing that you never followed the forum much (I can see that from your forum post count, so dont bother answering that..)?
    And Im guessing that you didnt PVP much either back then? At least not in opfights...

Para was the one and only reason why there were so many people just running around looking for eachother (to fight obviously), instead of opfighting..

*sigh* hope i kept from using personal assaults, eventhough it was very hard in this case..
    I have been op fighting since NC1 and dont do very much PVE or tradeskill, only pvp, always a lurker on the forums not much of a poster.
    I know, everyone haded Para and there was a cult following to get rid of it but with peoples super fast, super drugged setup, having to pop an anti para drug would throw a twist in it. PVP is too easy atm.

The REAL Walker

I have been op fighting since NC1 and dont do very much PVE or tradeskill, only pvp, always a lurker on the forums not much of a poster.
    I know, everyone haded Para and there was a cult following to get rid of it but with peoples super fast, super drugged setup, having to pop an anti para drug would throw a twist in it. PVP is too easy atm.
    A better solution to the speed "problem" is a soft-cap on speed.. Along with some balancing obviously. One of the most hated things in NC history is NOT the solution.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

holy para seems nice to get it back... oh Holy pestilence should be remade as it was b4 poison+ fire dmg with stacking.

re-implementation of the ppu spells SD (Shield and Deflector) from nc 1 up to 2.1.
    re-implement the anti buff spells to apu.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    re-implementation of the ppu spells SD (Shield and Deflector) from nc 1 up to 2.1.
    Why would you want to dumb down PPU's again? isnt 3 different shields better than just 2?
    Anti-buffs to APU's I can agree on though.

I wont comment on para, since my last reply made my opinion pretty clear on the subject.
    And I cant remember how Holy Pest were back then.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    holy para seems nice to get it back... oh Holy pestilence should be remade as it was b4 poison+ fire dmg with stacking.

Agreed. It's really dumb that apu spells like toxic/fire don't put DOTs on anything anymore. I don't even like to play an apu but I'd like to see them be useful again, right now fights are just spies/tanks with ppu support. Hopefully some balance changes include stuff for apu's and pe's.

There used to be a para barrel at one stage. Seriously. Don't bring any of it back.