Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    right. i'd rather have WOC removed, or weakened. WOC trashed to combat balance for NC, so we rather shouldnt put in more of that stuff.
    para? you must be kidding. if we bring back para/freeze, all of NCs PvP comunity will instantly get frustrated and quit (my guess).
    totally agree. Woc is what keeps the LE in (ooops. dangerous words) but i do think its a non essential grind factor that needs to be flattened to be inline with the highest rare weapons. It should have always been a status symbol with only the PAs offering something more than what the regular armours do but overall the weapons should be similar in ability to the top end rare weapons.

At the end of the day centuries old tech should not be more powerful than laser or plasma tech. therefore it was a shit idea in the first place.

ps who ever said bring para needs to be taken out behind the tool shed and shot.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    ps who ever said bring para needs to be taken out behind the tool shed and shot.

And yeah I hate that I have to grind for a month just to be able to use the weapon, that I want to use (fast freq, pretty low dex req and OK'ish damage - S.W.A.T Assault Rifle).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I wont say its a bad idea to reimplement parashock, but if you take a look to why it is nessesary, it might be the wrong idea to fix the speed problem. A speedcap would be better.
    There is also alot of balancing to be done with the woc items i guess. I think there are less APU´s in opfight because they are not realy useful at this time. They take to much damage, the gameplay feels poor because of casting a spell all 5 second etc.
    The only thing a APU is strong in atm is pursue speed skilled charakter "clipping" around objects or doing the same but be able to deal dmg while doing it.
    Last edited by Hackebeil; 21-02-13 at 15:40.

Hmm...so why do all people here assume that a Slow-Spell is near-Death-Gank-Tool for Monks?

How about we change the Holy paralysis to a shorter Effect and much more effective approach of a debuff.

it cuts your Agility/ATL to 3/5 of the current skill-points so you will be a bit slower and cant jump that high anymore but you would n be a sitting duck. I think the main-problem of PvP Fights with a PPU and a DMG-Dealer against a another person is (everyone runs away - otherwise he's dumb). OP-Fights would be much more Quicker and more tactical than a bunch of guys running in and out of fight and try to sync between 2 zones to avoid death.
    a softcap runspeed is the logical consequence of this. The effect of more skillpoints decrease with the time (much similar to a main-weapon-skill). That would prevent warp-like spys and PE's that are impossible to aim.

If you want to keep your runspeed at the actual speed -> stunspell - the spell will freeze you a very short amount of time instead of slowing you down - you cant move for 1-1.5 Seconds if it hits.

How about a Slow-Barrel that slows everyone in a certain area down to a fair runspeed.

how could this be abused: These Effects can only happen once every 10-30 Seconds or so - so even if 3 PPU's try to permantly freeze you, its not effective.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCultLegion View Post
    I think the main-problem of PvP Fights with a PPU and a DMG-Dealer against a another person is (everyone runs away - otherwise he's dumb).
    Really? I usually just kill the damage dealer, then the PPU.. If theres only one damage dealer, thats not hard to do.. It would however be close to impossible to do, with para back..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

As I said before, I think adding some form of para back for APUs that would take near entire mana pool and very long time to cast would add a new element to the game and make APUs useful. This would also throw a loop to those who use 5 drug setups at all times to gain almost unhittable run speed because they would have to factor in antishock drugs into their setup.

The REAL Walker

It is NOT the way to balance the current speed "issues"!
    With a speed SOFT-cap, there wouldnt be these problems anymore, and para would again be used to gank people (without them having a chance to fight back).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    right. i'd rather have WOC removed, or weakened. WOC trashed to combat balance for NC, so we rather shouldnt put in more of that stuff.
    This. WoC fucked things even more up. Neocron leveling was always stupid grinding, but WoC made it ridiculous. Leave WoC in for people who like to do more of the stupid grinding, but only give items, that are visibly special, but not essential for playing the game.

No to reimplementing parashock. I dont understand why people need to dumb down PvP for those that cant aim. But i guess giving it to an APU that dont have to close their reticle in the first place is a sound idea. Or maybe not.

No to remove WoC. It (currently) takes a spy LESS than 1 week of droning to overcap 100m for WoC 1. The only exception is the PE (which could do with a smaller req). So there is no "stupid grinding". If you want the good stuff (like rare weapons as well), you have to put an effort into it. I really dont see a problem with that. Oh and in before "im rifling" well if you want to level, you use AoE and the spy only have drones for that.

It's no stupid grinding, killing the same Mobs over and over again? So what is it then? It's no special achievement, it's just....well....stupid grinding?

There used to be a para barrel at one stage. Seriously. Don't bring any of it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    It's no stupid grinding, killing the same Mobs over and over again? So what is it then? It's no special achievement, it's just....well....stupid grinding?
    So what? You want 10 NPCs in plaza 1 giving out 5 slot rares because, you know, its just stupid grinding getting those too? Sorry if that was abit sarcastic, but if you want to see stupid grinding check out how you get legendaries (or whatever its called) in guild wars 2.

Default woc changes

I'm also in the camp that thinks that WoC needs some changes

for me WoC items should be TL 100 epic items that cant drop and repair to full with their damaged lowered to fit the new TL.

The reason I suggest this is due to a quest item being (sometimes) BIS over a rare which has random stats slots etc and are much harder to farm. I have no problem with a toxic beam being added to the WoC pool however, It can easily be made to fit the lore perhaps putting a biohazard dot on.

Now as for Para, I think its obvious it needs some changes im completely for a revamp to para rather than some huge speed nerf imposed on everyone instead. HOWEVER i think that Para should not glue people like it used to, I have made the suggestion before that it should be something like 25% slow for APU 20% slow for HC freeze, 17.5% slow for rifle and 15% slow for pistol freeze. That way freeze weapons suddenly become viable again and apu's have more of a use.

Antibuff needs to remain ppu due to the way that also like how ppus can debuff themselfs, it's an important mechanic in making sure that you only fire it when you are sure, another good thing is it pretty much wipes the ppus psi pool which can be pretty dangerous if they are counter debuffed without noticing. All in all its good how it is, it makes interesting play.

Increase APU cast rate by 15-20% and put para in as I suggested and they will be well on the way to being fixed, they can already more reliably land hits than any other class in the game due to their reticule not affecting their aim at all.

edit: Sorry for long post I didn't mean to waffle
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    So what? You want 10 NPCs in plaza 1 giving out 5 slot rares because, you know, its just stupid grinding getting those too? Sorry if that was abit sarcastic, but if you want to see stupid grinding check out how you get legendaries (or whatever its called) in guild wars 2.
    Other games are shit. So leave leveling in NC shit, too. Good argument. And noboby wants NPCs giving out rares. I see, you don't even want to discuss. Since there is only the possibility of stupid grinding and giving out 5 slot rares by npcs. Thank god you enlighted me.

For me it's not fun, but neccessary how to max your char. But I don't need MORE of it because of WoC. Leave it for people who want to do more grinding, but make WoC Items nice to have instead of must have. For Example, the AK could be a Pain Easer with different skin. PA is a PA with different skin. People have something to showcase, but that's it. This is how WoC should have been in MY opinion (there are others).

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Other games are shit. So leave leveling in NC shit, too. Good argument. And noboby wants NPCs giving out rares. I see, you don't even want to discuss. Since there is only the possibility of stupid grinding and giving out 5 slot rares by npcs. Thank god you enlighted me.
    If you want games that give instant gratification they are out there. Like atomic bomberman.

You are complaining about grinding LESS THAN A WEEK to be WoC'ed. I was exaggerating in my previous post because i was literally dumbstruck by your complaints about grinding XP in a MMORPG to get to end level and to get the best items. This isnt "shit", its called having to work for it. And no it shouldnt be made easier just because people complain about how tough it is to spend less than a week to get WoC 1.

Im surprised you arent complaining about getting the (needed) rares for say a tank or ppu which takes LONGER than grinding to WoC. MUCH MUCH longer - especially considering there seems to be a lower drop rate on certain techs.

As for your idea of what WoC should be i really disagree. We already have trophies to farm for an example. In my oppinion we dont need further "showcase" items.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast