Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Holy Detoxification

I was thinking the Devs could implement a new spell for APU's called Holy Detoxification. The spell would remove drug effects on a player. Make it an APU spell and have it work much like the holy debuff, high psi cost long cast time. Also it could be used as a Drug flash removal tool. I think this would give the APU class some decent utility and could add a new dynamic to fighting.

Wow...this sounds like an idea that could lead to drug setups (which we all use) being given some extra time to fight before being totally fucked. I would love to have an option for dealing with drugflash.

It is already implemented for PPUs... Called "Holy Ressurection"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Hah! ^THIS!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

it is already implemented for ppus... Called "holy ressurection"
    rofl!

Less of the spam please. Constructive responses only.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    I was thinking the Devs could implement a new spell for APU's called Holy Detoxification. The spell would remove drug effects on a player. Make it an APU spell and have it work much like the holy debuff, high psi cost long cast time. Also it could be used as a Drug flash removal tool. I think this would give the APU class some decent utility and could add a new dynamic to fighting.
    I love the idea, but it sounds a little too PPUish in its current form (not to mention would somewhat trivialize drugs). It would fit the theme of APUs better if instead of simply removing the drug flash, it transferred a different negative debuff to the debuffing APU, some kind of malus to speed, or resists, or hp, or healing limitation (heals are less effective). The debuff doesn't need to be for the duration the flash would have lasted for, 30 - 60 seconds or so is likely fine. This could be fun, still make drug flash a non trivial occurrence, and fit the theme of an APU more.

Loitering With Intent Cornhusker's Avatar

This sounds more like a ppu spell to me as well. I would rather see the debuffs go back to apu from the ppu that were moved to ppu and leave this one with the ppus.

I was originally trying to figure out a way to solve a problem such as drug flash and give APU's some utility in OP fights. Everyone is multi-drugging for OP fights nowadays and Drugflash is a big problem when you have to killself and get rezzed in the middle of fighting. Plus it would keep fighters on their toes regarding their drug status. But I would love to see debuff go back to APU's.

Good idea but instead of debuffing drugflash it should debuff drugs so the target actually gets drugflash.
    And even then it probably fits better for a PPU than an APU.

Oh, and please stop finding ways to make the game easier.
    If people want to use 4+ drugs at once in PVP then they should have to deal with the drugflash.
    Hell, I might even make a new topic to suggest drugflash should stay on even during death / after ressurection. The whole system is being abused to holy hell right now and serves no point whatsoever except being a minor nuisance.
    And yes, I realize I've just ninja'd the topic.
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

This wouldn't make the game easier, it would make APU's more viable and actually needed. It would actually make things more complicated, especially in OP fights. You would have to be conscious of PPU debufs as well as APU de-drugs.

As it is anti a negative effect I think it needs to be PPU based. If it is anti a positive effect (ie shields) it should be APU based.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

takes away drug effects and induces flash.....
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I think that's exactly Faid's point. If everyone's already doing it (selfkill and rezzing), why not incorporate it into legitimate gameplay and also boost a class' role in combat?

Honestly its not a good idea, its like saying remove drug flash from the game, imo drugs should have a bigger penalty like a 10 minute debuff that stops the person using the drugs for a specific time limit and cannot be removed with a rez, however as it stands the penalty of "drug flash " should not be removed from the game and nothing should be implemented to remove it because imo there already a huge dependance on drugs in the game strange but true.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast