So we can agree. Copbot damage is fine. It's the placement of cops and its effect on PvP that is more important.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I agree with the thread starter, when Copbots are a bit more dangerous and maybe react sooner, then maybe they would be able to do their job
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

"Right now the copbot damage is so low and inconsequential that they may as well not even be there at all."
    The copbot is only shooting people who have chosen mutually to fight each other. Even a small amount of damage is enough to ruin a fight. Cops do not shoot people without a gun or with normal soul light so lets keep the discussion relevant to the people affected. Le's and non le without guns pulled are not relevant to the copbots.

"If the Devs greatly increased this damage maybe even added a real freeze effect then it would help with the nasty negative SL runners"
    This would do even more to damage the pvp that we play NC to enjoy as our end-game experience.

"neg SL griefers are given free reign to grief law abiding citizens."
    Killing someone with a copbot in a safezone is not allowed and should be handled as a separate issue. Free reign is the exact opposite of what having negative SL provides.

"Perhaps people would respect the rules of the game more if the consequences were harsher."
    The rules of the game allow for you to play as red soul light characters. The rules of Soul Light and Symp are so strict right now that game content in the form of pvp variety has declined.

"Oh and lets get a fence up around the pool in P2, people keep exploiting the copbots into getting stuck in them."
    PvP players put the cops in the pool because we are fed up with them attacking and ruining our preferred activity. They do nothing for anyone except harm to pvp.

If I recall, there are an assload of sectors across the wastes and several OZ sectors that do not have Copbots in them. Why do we need more exactly? Even zones where there are no belt drops, specifically designed for friendly PvP.

Give Copbots greater damage and block off the pool. The city should be a relatively safe environment.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Give Copbots greater damage and block off the pool. The city should be a relatively safe environment.
    I think the relatively is the main point here. Someone without LE should still be somewhat safe in copbot protected territory (as long as he is not on their watchlist), and when someone without LE is attacked in this areas, the Copbots should be able to take over the protection of this person, deal out justice because he got killed or just assist him in defending. Thats what they are for, and at the moment they are not really helping very much.
    And if someone wants to fight with other players you can lure them to certain parts of Pepper Park, Outzone, and about 95% of the Wastelands. And you can try a challenge and do it in protected territories. If you can't face the challenge, holster your weapon. There are always those that will try it instead, but while it should be possible, it should not be without danger -> which should be the Copbots.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    I think the relatively is the main point here. Someone without LE should still be somewhat safe in copbot protected territory (as long as he is not on their watchlist), and when someone without LE is attacked in this areas, the Copbots should be able to take over the protection of this person, deal out justice because he got killed or just assist him in defending. Thats what they are for, and at the moment they are not really helping very much.
    And if someone wants to fight with other players you can lure them to certain parts of Pepper Park, Outzone, and about 95% of the Wastelands. And you can try a challenge and do it in protected territories. If you can't face the challenge, holster your weapon. There are always those that will try it instead, but while it should be possible, it should not be without danger -> which should be the Copbots.
    Exactly what I was getting at. The city is a place of civilisation and should be enforced as such.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

didn't copbots had para dmg back in 2.1? and was removed due to complains for such high damage and etc BS that came along?

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    didn't copbots had para dmg back in 2.1? and was removed due to complains for such high damage and etc BS that came along?
    They still give electric shock but it doesn't slow anyone down.

Only after placement of copbots has created better end gAme pvp will i consider changing the damAge. copbots can work to make pvp better but upping the damAge now will only make a problem worse.

Just wanna say that having RED SL is not an exploit Faid.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Just wanna say that having RED SL is not an exploit Faid.
    I didnt say that it was William. In anticipation of your confusion I was referring to the -100sl guy hiding behind afk players in p1 presumably trying to get them killed. If you wanna discuss it further pls PM me, I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to have a point of view here.

@Mods Is what I just said considered trolling? (seriously) If it was please edit my post, as I'm not really sure what some of you guys consider trolling now. And I dont feel like getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    I didnt say that it was William. In anticipation of your confusion I was referring to the -100sl guy hiding behind afk players in p1 presumably trying to get them killed. If you wanna discuss it further pls PM me, I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to have a point of view here.

@Mods Is what I just said considered trolling? (seriously) If it was please edit my post, as I'm not really sure what some of you guys consider trolling now. And I dont feel like getting banned.
    Your views are important and you are smart enough to know when you are trolling.

I didnt ask you DIo, I was asking the Mods because they seem to have differing opinions on what is trolling for certain people. One dev tells me its ok then another warns me officially for it, so I honestly don't know anymore.

Call Mace and ask him to make you a Mojito

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast