Default Proposal for COPBOT Damage

I propose that the Devs highly increase the damage that all copbots patrolling the streets of NC actually do. Right now the copbot damage is so low and inconsequential that they may as well not even be there at all. If the Devs greatly increased this damage maybe even added a real freeze effect then it would help with the nasty negative SL runners who currently running rampant throughout NC city.

I think they should add more moving patrols as well, too many time these neg SL griefers are given free reign to grief law abiding citizens. Just the other day there was a -100 SL guy safespotting in P1 medicare. If the new copbots would patrol all these safespots we could eliminate these exploiters.

I'm serious Devs, think about this.

Greifing people in a safe zone is not allowed under current rules. AI should be improved when possible. Copbot damage should the same as a character at 120/120 would do with a Cursed Soul or ncpd cannon...whatever they use.

Oh and the cop damage not being consequential...it is enough to ruin any good fight that is happening. PvP and red sl chars are the only relevant topics to discuss copbot damage. Red SL chars are penalized enough already and pvp already gets ruined by cops. I do agree that zoneline pvp should be discouraged in P2. Zoneline pvp is a major part of the game that most of us enjoy and because of that should have an accepted place. Currently PvPers want Pepper Park.

Perhaps people would respect the rules of the game more if the consequences were harsher. In crease the copbot damage and AI even. Oh and lets get a fence up around the pool in P2, people keep exploiting the copbots into getting stuck in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Perhaps people would respect the rules of the game more if the consequences were harsher. In crease the copbot damage and AI even. Oh and lets get a fence up around the pool in P2, people keep exploiting the copbots into getting stuck in them.
    Cops being moved into the pool is an open sign of the desire to pvp without them interferring. The rules of the game should support pvp and pve equally. Harsher penalties are directly hurting pvp and have no effect on LE play style. This is biased and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Cops being moved into the pool is an open sign of the desire to pvp without them interferring. The rules of the game should support pvp and pve equally. Harsher penalties are directly hurting pvp and have no effect on LE play style. This is biased and unfair.
    I disagree. The copbots are there to make sure the zone is somewhat safe for everyone. It's just that people are too lazy to goto a warzone or pepper park to fight. I do think pp should be copbot free though.

Bump up cop bot dmg imo! especially against red sl toons.

Take copbots out of pp and buff them, let freely people pvp in pp again

I disagree. The copbots are there to make sure the zone is somewhat safe for everyone. It's just that people are too lazy to goto a warzone or pepper park to fight. I do think pp should be copbot free though.
    The cops have no effect on Le runners. They are safe. Cops only effect the guys who go there to have a mutual fight and some fun. Cops only serve to ruin the fights for players who choose to pvp. You say make the zone safe but look who it effects. Certainly not LE players.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    The cops have no effect on Le runners. They are safe. Cops only effect the guys who go there to have a mutual fight and some fun. Cops only serve to ruin the fights for players who choose to pvp. You say make the zone safe but look who it effects. Certainly not LE players.
    Copbots in P2 would protect the un-LE'd runners from the griefer gankers that currently hang out there. As it is now Un'LE'd people can't go into P2 without being griefed by the kill anyone for no reason pvpers that like to ambush people there. I think the devs should look at fixing this. P2 obviously isnt supposed to be this way, it only is now because the griefers exploit the copbots into the pool so they can kill indiscriminately. PP should be for that not P2.

The REAL Walker

This really needs to stop.. Im getting tired of this "PVP'ers vs carebears" bullshit..

Remove all guards from Pepper Park. Do what ever you like to P2 (Safezone/more damaging copbots/whatever).
    That is the solution IMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Copbots in P2 would protect the un-LE'd runners from the griefer gankers that currently hang out there. As it is now Un'LE'd people can't go into P2 without being griefed by the kill anyone for no reason pvpers that like to ambush people there. I think the devs should look at fixing this. P2 obviously isnt supposed to be this way, it only is now because the griefers exploit the copbots into the pool so they can kill indiscriminately. PP should be for that not P2.
    So make P2 and P3 safezones, remove copbots from PP sectors and we'll be good to go. Bring those "kill anyone for no reason"(as you put it) pvp fights back to PP instead of Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    This really needs to stop.. Im getting tired of this "PVP'ers vs carebears" bullshit..

Remove all guards from Pepper Park. Do what ever you like to P2 (Safezone/more damaging copbots/whatever).
    That is the solution IMO.
    This would be the logical course of action, I hope the Dev's are paying attention

This sounds pretty reasonable. I also think they should give the plasma waves back to Copbots, instead of the plasma cannons.
    I'm pretty sure it was like this in 2.1, I don't know why they changed it. Plasma waves are targeted attacks, like bullets, so they can't be exploited or avoided easily like plasma bursts.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    This sounds pretty reasonable. I also think they should give the plasma waves back to Copbots, instead of the plasma cannons.
    I'm pretty sure it was like this in 2.1, I don't know why they changed it. Plasma waves are targeted attacks, like bullets, so they can't be exploited or avoided easily like plasma bursts.
    Copbots with Special Forces Plasma Wave's would be nice yeah. However, in my experience plasma waves have a habbit of bugged damage, like creed. Admittedly Im not sure how this works when it is npc vs. player though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Copbots with Special Forces Plasma Wave's would be nice yeah. However, in my experience plasma waves have a habbit of bugged damage, like creed. Admittedly Im not sure how this works when it is npc vs. player though.
    Good point, but has this been tested since they overhauled the netcode?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast