Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You can understand why people are angry but you ask what the problem is?

Which is it?

The sarcasm is truly not needed and the rest of your post I am afraid I cannot understand. You are a very confusing person. Perhaps it is a language problem. I cannot see it being anything else other than that unless you are trying to keep the fires burning on this issue.
    I have not created the thread nor am i interested in "keep it on fire" because i do not want reduce/ remove LE playstyle.

To be little bit confusion is something i could live with

Perhaps i should try other articulation. Let me say what i believe what the true intentions of all these "LE ruins the game" threads are:

There is a group of posters here that state that the LE is unfair for other. The LE's would miss one of Neocrons best : pvp.

Let us assume that most players (like me !!) fullcap and/or woc their char and the REMOVE the LE voluntary. The "LE problem" decreases from week to week because more and more chars are without LE.

So the whole "problem" is partially a "storm in a teacup".

Then there are 2 other LE players:

- the noob, who wants to level without pvp
    - the collector who want to hunt without pvp
    - the non-pvp player who never want to take part in pvp

The latter 2 won't probably remove their LE ever.

What the mentioned group of players here want is to urge other players to take part in pvp whether they want or not. These players won't make pvp with you even if you could force them with locking content and locations to remove their LE. And if they remove their LE to unlock the mc5 or the DOY tunnels then they are probably not the best pvpers and/ or have no fun to make pvp.

Only effect is that the mentioned group of players could kill them.

The result is very obvious and well known:

You never will force player to make pvp if they dont want to or to be easy sittings ducks for OOC flaming gankers - they will leave the game.

That's not a problem however, don't mind.

Hope that makes a little bit more clear why i am argueing for a choice of playstyle. Minor adjujstments - ok, but most of the posts here are leading to the logical demand at end: remove of LE.

Reed

I just find myself repeating myself over and over and that is why I dont post in these threads. No haggis - get some paragraphs bro. Press enter once or twice.

Reed - again no. The point is in my last post. Nothing to do with ganking people. I am done with all of this. I get the point you were trying to make six or eight posts ago. But you seem to just totally miss mine. I think I am right in this.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I just find myself repeating myself over and over and that is why I dont post in these threads. No haggis - get some paragraphs bro. Press enter once or twice.

Reed - again no. The point is in my last post. Nothing to do with ganking people. I am done with all of this. I get the point you were trying to make six or eight posts ago. But you seem to just totally miss mine. I think I am right in this.
    I feel the same way, I've said "we don't want the LE removed" multiple times and yet it's still brought up as a counter-point and I don't think anyone said that. So we are forced to repeat ourselves but no one seems to be listening on the other end.

Default Ideas for bringing the community together.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed21 View Post
    I understand your POV, the current system does encourage you to keep in the LE longer than it used to, it's just more efficient...I could be wrong but I think there are a lot of players that would remove, or at least experiment with removing the LE, if it wasn’t permanent.

NC PVP rules (the LE) predate modern MMO’s and are rather simplistic in comparison to those that have more robust rules. Right now I see two sides arguing what the LE is or is supposed to be;

1) The LE is supposed to be there to protect noobs only.
    2) The LE is there to protect runners that do not want to participate in PVP.

I always saw it as serving both purposes, which is why I think it’s currently broken. If it’s supposed to be there for number 2, it shouldn’t have a requirement that the runner has to be lower level than /30 in order to be re-implanted. And if it’s only supposed to be there until the runner hits level /30 then why doesn’t it automatically pop out? My assumption was always that this level requirement was there just to deter high-level runners from abusing the system, i.e., get -99 SL, pop in the LE and run missions.

My proposal: remove the level requirement to re-implant and fix the ways it can be abused. So, when removing the LE it breaks (0/0) and cannot be fixed. Create a mission that must be run in order to get another LE chip. That mission can only be started by a runner without an LE in and with positive SL. The only way to complete the mission and get the LE is to have a free brain slot and have the LE implanted automatically via the mission/NPC. If the LE is removed again, it will break and the mission will need to be repeated to get another.
    This would certainly bring some interesting play.

The requirement to have positive SL to re-implant the LE is indeed a very interesting proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by gostly View Post
    I feel the same way, I've said "we don't want the LE removed" multiple times and yet it's still brought up as a counter-point and I don't think anyone said that. .....
    Ok, then this is the base.

Reed

i am a PvE Player and i like the tradeskill system and that is why i play Neocron.
    If you want pure PvP - play a game that's only focused on PvP (Planetside 2 as example)@PvPJunkies

Neocron is an MMORPGFPS-Hybrid and that implicates that there is PvE and RP Content to explore and PvP aswell.
    Arista Barrets main focus is to get as much ganking spots to get kills and destroy someones day - regardless of a low-char or not - he would instantly get his "kill" - bad idea to give in on his asked favor. The LE is a PvP Protection that makes sense to prevent constant grieve-play and finely destroy the game for new players.

So i would agree that DoY, Ceres-Labs and MC5 should be Zones where the LE is inactive (since its a City-admin-Tool - if we take the storyline with in this discussion) we could explain this by saying: Dome Of York and Ceres-Labs contain to much old-techs that interfere with the LE-Signals) - this would mean:
    So Arista and all High-Level PvP-Guys, would have the chance to fight the competitors in these Places but would keep the gank-prevention of low-players in place in most of the areas where its needed.

downside of this option:
    Worst thing that could happen, that a bunch of douchbags collect enough other douchbags around them, so that they could prevent anyone else from getting highlevel stuff(MC5,DoY-Stuff,WoC-Discs) - that would have a direct impact on the economy of Neocron. MC5, DoY Things and WoC-Discs would be priced by the group that would have control over this area of the game (sadly theres only ONE MC5 - so MC5 prices would rocket up in the sky and just a few of the people in NC could efford them or even get them their selves.

think about it

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCultLegion View Post
    i am a PvE Player and i like the tradeskill system and that is why i play Neocron.
    If you want pure PvP - play a game that's only focused on PvP (Planetside 2 as example)@PvPJunkies

Neocron is an MMORPGFPS-Hybrid and that implicates that there is PvE and RP Content to explore and PvP aswell.
    [
    Not at all.
    a) There is lore, not roleplay ( or u can also say there's RP on WoW, WAR, AION, etc. But please don't let me laugh ).
    b)There is pve, but cause missing AI and absurde dmg it is something between:
    -Bugging AI with aoe spells or drones
    -Snipering if outdoor
    -PPU needed for big ones

Really not a pve game , but pve is needed to get items for pvp.
    c)There is explorarion, and as i said exploration must be open to every chara ( LE or not LE ). Trade also must be open to all kind of chara.

Remove LE benefits if outside NC/TG/TH/DOY. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlias View Post
    Not at all.
    a) There is lore, not roleplay ( or u can also say there's RP on WoW, WAR, AION, etc. But please don't let me laugh ).
    b)There is pve, but cause missing AI and absurde dmg it is something between:
    -Bugging AI with aoe spells or drones
    -Snipering if outdoor
    -PPU needed for big ones

Really not a pve game , but pve is needed to get items for pvp.
    c)There is explorarion, and as i said exploration must be open to every chara ( LE or not LE ). Trade also must be open to all kind of chara.

Remove LE benefits if outside NC/TG/TH/DOY. That's all.
    You serious would claim that this pvp-focused game Neocron has a better pvp than its pve ? LOL

What i find difficult to understand for years is that a lot pf players state that there is a cool open pvp and they play Neocron for this pvp only.

The pvp i could see in Neocron for years is one which was heavily affected and compromised by lot of flaws like:

- clipping/ netcode effects
    - postioning bugs
    - speed and hyperspeed pvp (as actual )
    - more or less stages of bad balancings

And , if that would not make it difficult enough , for a long time (and even today) bad hit by excessice use of any Hacks/ cheats and file editing that makes pvp skill a rumour.

If you read evening for evening the funny OOC flamewars by pvp players in which the opponent is complete lowskiller and the winner is the big boy then you find this absurd.

"Really not a pvp game, but pvp is needed to players additional to the nice roleplay/ cyberpunkt atmosphere".

Just another observation for Neocron.

Reed

So the pvp issue atm are due to balance ( point 3 and 4 ) and about netcode (since nc1)?

Dude, you are a fuckin genius

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345