Default Re-open Old Black Dragon hq and PP lab to combat.

I understand that exploiters take advantage of certain places to level. After the devs fixed the droner problems with ceilings and ammo exploits I see no reason why this game content needs to eliminated. Removing game content instead of addressing the real issue of the exploit has been a horrible way to handle problems for long enough.
    PP lab should be opened back up because that area has added so much to the pvp experience. If the issue is killing guards for exp, then I really must say this. If the guard is red on my screen then he should be viewed as an enemy and open to conflict.

Remove the XP gain from killing guards then. Just the same as they did with Copbots all those years ago.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Remove the XP gain from killing guards then. Just the same as they did with Copbots all those years ago.
    Without doubt the most logical thing to do..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I dont agree simply because the guard is an enemy to my faction. If its red, its dead. Killing red NPC's is not an exploit and need not be eliminated from the game. Killing green guards should have a penalty on SL and Symp. Killing cops (who are CA) should be treated the same way. I am tsunami and I get penalized for killing a cop in Pepper park? "Remove" and "eliminate" are bad concepts for NC. We need to "fix" and "Create" situations that make the game fun and less strict.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I dont agree simply because the guard is an enemy to my faction. If its red, its dead. Killing red NPC's is not an exploit and need not be eliminated from the game. Killing green guards should have a penalty on SL and Symp. Killing cops (who are CA) should be treated the same way. I am tsunami and I get penalized for killing a cop in Pepper park? "Remove" and "eliminate" are bad concepts for NC. We need to "fix" and "Create" situations that make the game fun and less strict.
    I guess the problem is not that you can kill these guards, but that you could kill them without fear of counter fire, thus making tons of XP without getting damaged - because the Guard AI is stupid, and when there is furniture and many walls around that is very noticable.

Since I would really like to have Zones back in action that are safe, I would be for the "No XP" (or minimal XP) Solution. Sounds about the best we can get without having players or a modern AI controlling the guards. I wouldn't want that solution for Areas in which guards can defend themselves though, if it can be distinguished.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

True. PP lab has issues with guard AI. Can you see any reason why a runner shouldnt be allowed to lvl in old bd hq? Also seeing that PP lab isnt the actual HQ, i see no issue with leveling there besides the guards are dumb.

How does removing the XP affect your red is dead policy? It doesn't.

I love this idea btw.
    CanDaMan

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    How does removing the XP affect your red is dead policy? It doesn't.

I love this idea btw.
    It takes away a good leveling spot. Pp lab guards are red to tsunami. I am not suggesting to kill them just for roleplay. I see them as a legitimate target.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

+1 red is dead.

+1 remove XP gains from Faction NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    +1 red is dead.

+1 remove XP gains from Faction NPCs.
    I can see the carebears coming out for this but i don't see one valid argument for taking exp from a target. that's pretty much continuing the same ship we have now. Im so sick of carebears ruining this game. Im so sick of logging on to low population. when is everyone going to face the facts? No one but a handful of roleplaying carebears wants to play the damn game! Im sick of arguing with the only people left who play. doesn't anyone realize these fools their decisions are the direct cause for the game dying? Why am i not speaking directly to the people who matter instead of trying to make a ppoint to some delusion antisocial pacifists...

for great justice.

I can see the carebears coming out for this but i don't see one valid argument for taking exp from a target. that's pretty much continuing the same ship we have now. Im so sick of carebears ruining this game. Im so sick of logging on to low population. when is everyone going to face the facts? No one but a handful of roleplaying carebears wants to play the damn game! Im sick of arguing with the only people left who play. doesn't anyone realize these fools their decisions are the direct cause for the game dying? Why am i not speaking directly to the people who matter instead of trying to make a ppoint to some delusion antisocial pacifists...
    OT: Here is a fact you need to face. The populations are not low. http://stats.techhaven.org/en/graphs/server I do wonder if you are really playing this game or not.

Back to the topic: Until the devs fix the mob AI to hunt down attackers in the zone. That includes hunting down the droner's body.

Sounds like a sensible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    OT: Here is a fact you need to face. The populations are not low. http://stats.techhaven.org/en/graphs/server .......
    Nice work, Brammers! Thx for the server statistics!

No, NC is real alive again (at this moment). Didn't expect that this game ever would return, which is undoubtly due to the engaged work of this dev team. But we all need some patience.....

Reed

There has been no removal nor elimination of content in these zones with the change to safe zones. While I'd prefer they were none safe zones for lore and context reasons, there has still been little lost with these changes. Other than the afore mentioned levelling which is not the purpose of these locations (i am in the 'remove XP from guards camp' - they are not "mobs"), I do not see what has been lost?

If it is indeed combat you consider a loss here, I would disagree with your intentions as there was never any combat in these areas for legitimate reasons. If there was, we would have Runners regularly involved in combat in TechHaven, Canyon Facility and against the numerous CopBots around Neocron City.

Other than a pinch of atmosphere, which I agree with, please go into detail regarding what you feel has been lost in these areas.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ťI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ť

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

It takes away a good leveling spot. Pp lab guards are red to tsunami. I am not suggesting to kill them just for roleplay. I see them as a legitimate target.
    So once again this amazing player who can't think outside of himself is raising more threads in the brainport for how he can exploit guards to level faster with no consequences, can we not just ban this account?

I'm so fed up with these people that think they are the reason that the game exists and that its the carebears that are ruining the game. They are so blinded by their own ignorance they don't even see they are the one destroying the game, same faction ganking any level on zone lines till they get red SL basically setting out to ruin someone elses day then wonder why server populations dwindle and yet still have the sheer incredulousness to blame other people for this.

Again ban this account.
    CanDaMan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast