Thread: Rework Stealth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Drugflash? No thank you.

Spies with less defense? No thank you to that as well.

5 second delay is too long for a spy, currently there is a delay (shorter than 5 seconds for sure but still long enough to die if you've been taking damage + latency issues)

I'm with netphreak on this issue, make some kind of progress with runspeed and see what happens. If you cripple a spy by shooting his legs then he shouldn't get away stealthed or not.

I actually liked the cool down. Im sick of spies that hit stealth when you point a gun at them. I had one yesterday who shall remain nameless. 2 vs 1 with a pe friend and they both whored the stealth at every opportunity. The spy was the worst offender as it actually hit stealth when i shot at it depsite the fact it was on 80% health. I actually walked off and left it. It wasnt a threat as it couldnt hit me anyway even when stood still on the hill looking at mb for a real fight.

I would much prefer the cooldown to any kind of DF effect. Given the fact i can take 2 lots of 2 drugs and then be on my knees for 5 mins as a tank (who has the constitution of a racehorse) kinda makes me feel sorry for the poor spies out there

I have always enjoyed drugs in nc. It adds an extra layer of tactics to weigh up. what drugs to use. when. how many etc. the penalties that come with em are harsh. Adding more penalties wouldnt be fun.

Cooldown all the way.

It will change the way people play spies im sure. If you want to go toe to toe with that cannon weilding super soldier maybe people will instead opt for the PE as he has more defences and more staying power than the spy who should fulfil that role of being further away at range (at least with a rifle ) hint hint
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Or maybe spec some resists instead of pumping everything into ath, or use some nanites, or maybe some psi shields like they used to. Or maybe even risk dying like everyone else.

I'm not sure about the drug flash or the slow i'm not sure that's even needed, however putting a cd on the tool here are a couple of examples:

- A PPU has TSS you know this and still stealth only to be revealed immediately (doubtful considering the pitiful range and amount it ticks on TSS but this in an example) your tool should still be CD for the duration the stealth should have been.

- Restealths, you get into a sticky situation, you stealth try to get away but don't get far enough, stealth runs off and you can immediately stealth again, imo there should be a 5sec cd period here. (time negotiable)
    CanDaMan

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Or maybe spec some resists instead of pumping everything into ath, or use some nanites, or maybe some psi shields like they used to. Or maybe even risk dying like everyone else.
    Re...sists..? What is that? Your not making any sense man!!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

If you're having cooldowns on stealth tools please can they be scaled according to the tool. Like if you want a 5 second cooldown between periods of stealth can it at least vary according to what stealth is used.

IE you can use your obliterator again in 10 seconds or your stealth 3 in 8 seconds, 2 in 5 seconds etc. This way it limits the invulnerability of the spy and gives the "pursuing" char a chance to catch the spy and do damage to him.

Maybe after 3 periods of stealth it locks up for 30 seconds or something. It gives the spy a chance to hit and run then if he can take out his target or it gives the tank/monk etc a chance to flatten him knowing he has a chance to heal while the spy is stealthed.

It is still a war of attrition fighting a permanent stealther but at least the non-stealthing guy now has a chance to survive.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I agree I think even the 1st two stealth tools could get away with no CD due to their short span, but the 3rd and oblit really should imo
    CanDaMan

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    I agree I think even the 1st two stealth tools could get away with no CD due to their short span, but the 3rd and oblit really should imo
    I kind of thought that but then all you would get is the same issue as currently but with noone using the high end stealth and everyone using the lowest two. At least with a nerf across the board it would give other classes a chance to kill said stealther.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

well when you talk about pistol/rifle spies... yep they skill their const into speed. but as a rigger (yeah i know ppl hate that combat style) i am not that fast because i need to survive some shots once I get jumped. so I am slower than other spies. and if the tank aint an idiot it's easy for him to chase me even with weapon drawed. I cant get away in stealth from a good tank. stealth is the part that makes spies unique. ak is the part where it gets to "overpowered" because WoC is only half way implemented. fix ak/woc and you dont need to "fix" stealth. but that is a balancing issue...

btw... I dont get the problem with stealth... yes... you hardly can catch a spy when he/she stealths far away from you but once you get close and a spy gets into stealth it's not that hard to follow him. especially with tanks you got the speed to hunt the spy down while keeping the same pace... (dont forget you still got ppus that can counter stealth)

and zoltan... yes... that would be an option.
    Last edited by lindian; 20-02-13 at 01:52.

Genuinely interested as to why your droner has resists. Surely if you are caught while droning resists won't matter at all and you want everything in speed at other times.
    I'm not a droner so I am intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Genuinely interested as to why your droner has resists. Surely if you are caught while droning resists won't matter at all and you want everything in speed at other times.
    I'm not a droner so I am intrigued.
    Well, on the paper it looks like with speed you get away better. But normally you are droning when someone jumps at you. That means you need to realize you are beeing shot, you need to escape from the rigger interface and enter stealth. Let's assume you are quite a fast one. So it's about 3-5 second until stealth (on the edge of beeing realistic). With no resists you wont survive that. Resists give me the extra survivability to even get a chance to get away once I am jumped. And honestly I think I do quite a good job not getting killed (most of the times they get me when I hack).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12