Default Remove the copbots from Pepper Park.

For a myriad of reasons and general consensus, we need the copbots removed from pepper park.

So this is like a petition?

/signed

The REAL Walker

/signed (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Not like they react fast enough to help those that might need 'em anyway!
    /signed (and I live there)

Id like this thread to be undeniable by the devs. this seems to be a point everyone can agree on. please support the idea and lets take back pepper park!

Loitering With Intent Cornhusker's Avatar

I only agree if we reopen up Dome of York and move all anti city factions back there. I mean all of the anti city factions that moved to nc are there in pp, so if u take away cop bot there why not make p1 not a safe zone and make it so there is no safe zones at al, how about that....Pinky cant QQ then every night if we take away all safe zones. It will only make people stay LE'd even longer or hell maybe never remove it in first place. Oh that makes sense to, how about we make it so there is no LE then. Then the ones that complain they can't gank low levels can do it as they please.

Maybe no one can get my sarcasm, but if you give 1 inch to the QQers that want to make ganking easier JUST for them, you end up giving them a mile. Don't do this unless you want them QQing on something else as soon as you do it.

Explain to me how copbots in Pepper park has anything to do with the garbage you just spoke?

Also, to reiterate something I've said before, "I got killed" isn't always the same as "I got ganked" -- Just being killed by someone isn't "Wah, I got ganked!" -- This is a game about factional conflict, and dying to the enemy happens. "I got wasted by an enemy faction while I was in an unsafe region." is not at all the same as "OMG! I got ganked!" - In short, would you bitch that someone killed you in Planetside, or TF2? Why not? Where's the difference when the stated ruleset and intent are given ahead of time, as they are in this game?

Cops in PP don't prevent you from being ganked, they (kinda) prevent PvP in a region where PvP was clearly intended to take place. "Ganked" is repeatedly camped by a force far greater than you in a way that is counter to the intended gameplay and usually meant to punish a given player, not merely being killed when it was inconvenient for you, as that was always an intended part of play.

This is why I've said multiple times in these forums that a decision needs to be made re: LE play.

Either LE's are intended to allow players to "opt-out" of the primary PvP elements of gameplay for the duration (ala WoW or CoH) OR this game intends players to develop to the point where they are comfortable with the world's mechanics (i.e. there are places where you can't go level without the chance of factional reprisal, due to your factional alliances) and then are not protected by an LE any longer, as they are not intended to have impunity ala a primarily PvE MMO.

When this is a decided issue, then we will know what to do with regard to copbots, Soul Light, and PvP in general. Until then, all that we will see in this discussion is "Wah! You wanna gank me!" when my supposition is that the target of the supposed "ganking" is a runner playing where they oughtn't be, and arguing that they ought to be able to go *anywhere*. What's the ruling?
    Last edited by Dope; 18-02-13 at 07:20.

Its pepper park. The controlling factions should be policing it. Put this on the players. Its a good call.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    I only agree if we reopen up Dome of York and move all anti city factions back there. I mean all of the anti city factions that moved to nc are there in pp, so if u take away cop bot there why not make p1 not a safe zone and make it so there is no safe zones at al, how about that....Pinky cant QQ then every night if we take away all safe zones. It will only make people stay LE'd even longer or hell maybe never remove it in first place. Oh that makes sense to, how about we make it so there is no LE then. Then the ones that complain they can't gank low levels can do it as they please.

Maybe no one can get my sarcasm, but if you give 1 inch to the QQers that want to make ganking easier JUST for them, you end up giving them a mile. Don't do this unless you want them QQing on something else as soon as you do it.
    Seriously, the most incoherent rant I've read in a while. No one can gank low levels because low levels keep their LE in, so what your saying doesn't mean shit. Calling us QQers? REALLY? Saying we want all safe zones removed as well, what the fuck are you even talking about? No one said that. I actually think plaza 2 should be a safe zone again but give us(people who like to pvp) pepperpark back. Where the only time an npc attacked you was when you were an enemy to tsunami or black dragon. Not some city cop being in a place he doesn't belong.

So thats my /rant

LETS GET SOME RP GOING ON IN PP!!!

Yes it is that important that I had to write it in caps.

/signed.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    LETS GET SOME RP GOING ON IN PP!!!

Yes it is that important that I had to write it in caps.

/signed.
    Here is some roleplay for you. Rockshore Surf Club has been attacked by an alliance of clans. The push to remove Tsunami from the allied territory resulted in a stronghold of tsunami in Pepper park. Cops had to be removed and violence has become rampant. Pepper park has become a warzone full of criminals and prostitutes. In an effort to protect the inner city, CA has stepped up defense of the PLaza and Via rosso sectors.

RP approved. Zoltan get on this plz

P2 being a safezone again would be awesome. now put some decent shops in there
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Copbots moving out of Pepper Park could very well be on way. Of course on the other hand Tsunami and Black Dragon won't miss the opportunity to take their sectors back openly again I guess (What I mean are guarding NPCs of those factions).
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast