I would love to move back to plaza secure and copbots removed from PP, even thought i'm not really a zone line fighter as its kinda like fighting with an get out of jail free button with the zone line I think this was a mistake that was changed in the first place.
    CanDaMan

Sorry, but unfortunately I do not believe this to be a good idea. Before you pwn me with words, please hear me out.
    OK so in the old days you guys used to fight on the border of Plaza and PP. It was pretty annoying when you actually had to go to PP, because if you didn't have the GR or didn't want the SI of using a GR, the only ways in were the subway, and the entrance form plaza. Because you guys were fighting it out, running back and forth across the zoneline and AOEing the crap out of everything, non-capped characters got obliterated in a few seconds. This was all well and good when you knew that going to pepper park was going to mean fighting, as you had no other reason to go there. But the game has changed. There are reasons for people not wanting to get involved in zoneline fights having to go to PP now, so introducing this will just cause problems for them.

You guys really need more better stuff to fight over. Like OP battles, but more of them and without the undergrounds. I think zoneline fighting is just not good for the game.

You point is irrelevant because this still can happen, as it can over the p2 zone line aswell. Reverting it back to the old system makes it a massively safer area for new runners or non capped players.
    CanDaMan

Good points well made Lucas. Keep p3 unsafe though if that's gonna be an issue. Then let the people who want fights decide the turf. Some will not synch lame and some will. It's inevitable. The ones who accept death will fight properly. The ones who won't will still lame it but that can't be changed by game mechanics. If you need to get through hire a guard or ask for help or keep the le till you tag the gr. Simple as that

Zoneline fighting is what the pvpers want. we can justify it with roleplay also. How about a comment from a dev?

We want pp1 fights back!!!

We? I don't see how you seem to be speaking for this overwhelming majority of players, how about a vote and we'll see how many people actually agree because I doubt it will be as many as you think
    CanDaMan

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    We? I don't see how you seem to be speaking for this overwhelming majority of players, how about a vote and we'll see how many people actually agree because I doubt it will be as many as you think
    How about you go troll the pve forums. If we take a vote on a pvp issue then le players and carebears need to stay silent.

Actually Lucas there are 3 entrances into PP1 and PP2 from Plaza/Subway. Historically only the PP1/P3 zone line was ever fought over. The subway was always a safe zone and would probably be again if these changes got implemented. I doubt anyone would bother you there as a low level player going about your day if they were all fighting in the PP1 zoneline.

Plus there is also the LE chip still obviously.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    We... my drones and me...

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Copbots moving out of Pepper Park could very well be on way. Of course on the other hand Tsunami and Black Dragon won't miss the opportunity to take their sectors back openly again I guess (What I mean are guarding NPCs of those factions).
    The last thing we need is another version of P2 where the pvp is ruined by the placement of npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    I think zoneline fighting is just not good for the game.
    You really think that a group of players enjoying the game should step aside and do nothing because an LE wants to see the shops in pepper park? If he is a non le character he has agreed to pvp so there's no issue.

Zoneline fighting is something ALOT of people enjoy and should be accentuated in game. Stand in P2 and join the other Le characters who go just to watch the fights and get in on the drama.

It's more than zoneline PvP too. I am not into "formal PvP" in that I don't go to Plaza and challenge a person, I don't /duel fools and I don't chat folks up looking for a scheduled throwdown. I *do* on the other hand call Pro-City facts "Tools of Reeza" and I do tell Tsunami's to "get off my block". I like the RP, but that RP is retarded when not supported by game mechanics.

As a gang-bangin' thug I should be able to threaten you with a weapon and tell you to "pay up or get out" when you're a CA levelling in PP. You should expect that in a shithole like Pepper Park. This is RP and theme and without it you have a flat passionless shooting gallery with the occasional "atta boy!" This is an MMORPG right? What does my factional choice mean? Prize for my Jones mission? Is that all?

In WoW can an Alliance player go grind in the Underdark because "Hey, that's my playstyle, man." Should a player actually be able to ignore faction and intended territory to level where they want, just because? It seems that some players think so. Until the devs weigh in with a "That's not intended play." or not. We're stuck on this one. That said, I can't think of an MMO that I've played (that includes PvP) where one group could just decide to ignore PvP and go anywhere, do anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12