The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    The penalties are too harsh. in protest there will be a New droner clan with all neg 100 sl. once again le and carebears will not be affected. Pvp rules and systems should not be centered around le and carebear entitlements. get ready for Kami drones in p2 and op wars. hopefully the pvpers will grow tired of being told how to play by non pvperz.
    Soooo what are you trying to gain by that? Scare away the few active PVP'ers there are? Personally I dont even bother trying, when there is kami droners around..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I think pinky needs a hug. All this anger isn't good for one person.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Soooo what are you trying to gain by that? Scare away the few active PVP'ers there are? Personally I dont even bother trying, when there is kami droners around..
    if someone has to resort to being a douche to punish people, that someone just proves he's a troll.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I am just going to play a red SL character in the only viable way. This is a square peg filling a square hole....Everyone must realize the implications of rules and restrictions against Red SL chars. I have three choices. First-go afk for 4 days. Second-do 600 missions. Third-Go kami droner and stay negetive 100 forever. With the current rules you cannot play a red SL char in any other viable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I am just going to play a red SL character in the only viable way. This is a square peg filling a square hole....Everyone must realize the implications of rules and restrictions against Red SL chars. I have three choices. First-go afk for 4 days. Second-do 600 missions. Third-Go kami droner and stay negetive 100 forever. With the current rules you cannot play a red SL char in any other viable way.
    Well you could use Epic-weapons which you cannot drop.

Epic weapons are not very PVP viable... They dont do enough damage, they are especially useless against a PPU buffed target.

Also if I'm not mistaken, even the jones stealth can be dropped in red SL belt.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Epic weapons are not very PVP viable... They dont do enough damage, they are especially useless against a PPU buffed target.

Also if I'm not mistaken, even the jones stealth can be dropped in red SL belt.
    It cant.
    And Zsusun/Xbow cant either..
    Make a CA Melee tank/Xbow PE with the ncpd PA, and you're good to go.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

These are great ideas. I hope the devs are taking notes on new and fun ways to enjoy NC pvp. I hope that one day the devs actively support pvp diversity. Simple changes like -75 SL to lose a lock-slot instead of -33. The chance to kill the proper enemies to build SL back up. Zones where red sl fighters are welcomed to join a fight and more opportunity to hack their juicy belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Back on topic :

SL needs to be looked at, as the winner of an allied/allied or allied/neutral fight gets penalized by losing SL/Symps, and frankly being penalized for winning is wrong.

This system, penalizing the winning runner, is bullshit. It doesnt do any good to any of the parties involved and promotes exploiting itself.

I think the solution to this can come in many forms :

- Working Clan Wars
    - Reworked SL/Symp mechanics
    - Dynamic Faction Alliances

Working Clan Wars :

I think even the original intended design of this could help. Simply allowing Clans to wage war with enemy clans that are Neutral or Allied with no SL loss.

Reworked SL/Symp with something as :

- SL loss only for killing runners X amount of ranks below you, in all zones
    - Symps gain/penalties in all zones based on faction

Dynamic Faction Alliances :

Basically, based on Average Faction Sympathy over all runners within a Faction, and also perhaps based on Faction Representative, a Faction could switch from Ally, Neutral or Enemy to another faction.

Now I understand this could prove the hardest to implement, but could potentially provide additional immersive elements.

Perhaps even future, RP based events could be scripted according to current faction relations...
    If we can work this out to be presentable to the devs it could happen. We can bring pvp diversity back to NC. 100 SL roleplayers and easy going pvpers.....neg 100sl pvp maniacs. The least we can ask for is less penalties and less hard hits on SL along with less time consuming ways to regain SL. This simple change will bring more pvp to the game.

It would be cool if the SL hit was based on the target's SL.

If you kill a 100 SL char your SL should drop to -100 SL immediately. This way the kill of a RP char would be punished sufficiently.

I can see in this thread that the -100 SL are a good punishment so this should work. It should not be changed.

The other way around is that if a char is killed with 0 SL the SL of the killer should not change.

For the people with minus SL I would change the ratio tho. For the kill of a -100 SL char I would give the killer a plus of 10 SL.

This way the -SL chars would be hunted by the right people, and the fights were fair and enjoyable for both.

Regards

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    It would be cool if the SL hit was based on the target's SL.

If you kill a 100 SL char your SL should drop to -100 SL immediately. This way the kill of a RP char would be punished sufficiently.
    Ehhhh... LOL?!
    BTW it is already in place that you Loose SL depending on your own against the person you kill IIRC.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Ehhhh... LOL?!
    BTW it is already in place that you Loose SL depending on your own against the person you kill IIRC.
    The numbers may sound extreme and can be changed but the intention is to efficiently protect people from unconsented PvP, like tradeskillers and RP chars.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    The numbers may sound extreme and can be changed but the intention is to efficiently protect people from unconsented PvP, like tradeskillers and RP chars.
    Honestly, I think its a horrible idea, since you have no way of seeing what your enemy SL is at.

BTW not only tradeskillers/RP'ers have a SL at 100.. My current SL is at 100 aswell, because I currently dont have any disliked Allies/neutrals.

EDIT:
    It is also something that could be used as a griefing Tool.. Attack someone while having 100 SL, and let him kill you...
    Again, NOT a good idea.
    Last edited by Dropout; 21-02-13 at 13:26.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Honestly, I think its a horrible idea, since you have no way of seeing what your enemy SL is at.

BTW not only tradeskillers/RP'ers have a SL at 100.. My current SL is at 100 aswell, because I currently dont have any disliked Allies/neutrals.

EDIT:
    It is also something that could be used as a griefing Tool.. Attack someone while having 100 SL, and let him kill you...
    Again, NOT a good idea.
    This could be easily changed. Like in other games one could add a permanent title bar above the char which inidcates the most important data (SL, Faction, Clan). This would be a good thing independent from the theme here generally.

Reed

I dont like the idea of losing SL based on a target's SL.

Very easily exploitable, and still punishes you for say, killing a neutral/ally PPU, woth a huge SL hit. I can already see people logging allied PPU to rezz in P2, and either you kill them and go red SL right away or you habe to let em rezz....

I think SL should simply be a rule to protect noob ganking. Kill someone 15 or 20 lvs below you and take a -25 SL.

I think it also should only apply within the walls of NC.

What happens in the wastes, stays in the wastelands.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast