The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    But because you had a good time doing it does not make it something that the game should promote.
    One of the Things I really like about NC is the freedom we have. With the extreme penalty you have with red SL, thats pretty much not viable at all..
    Gimme back my assault rifles!... Wait... Gimme back SL on enemy kill!!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Yes there is freedom, but this isn't a free for all, there is lore and reasoning behind why factions are aligned and enemies and because of this there should be a punishment for going against that, even if it is possible because I would rather have a free system with penalties for being a dick than a system that would restrict even the possibility of it.
    CanDaMan

The REAL Walker

Yes there is freedom, but this isn't a free for all, there is lore and reasoning behind why factions are aligned and enemies and because of this there should be a punishment for going against that, even if it is possible because I would rather have a free system with penalties for being a dick than a system that would restrict even the possibility of it.
    Of course there should be penalties for killing neutrals/Allies. But atm they are just too harsh.
    I do think that a working Clan-war system would fix A LOT of these problems though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Or a stray rocket in an op fight (someone went red in an op fight taking out the vendors in a store with a stray rocket by accident once. i remember the thread but not who it was)
    We've all been there at some point in our OP fighting lives. I did it at Grant about 3 times in a week in NC1. FFS.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Keep the Copbots. You are red so get shot

The excessive item drop should be removed. 5 items is too extreme.
    The loss of the safe slot as it is is fine, but I'd prefer to a two random item drops instead of 5.

I think it should be something like this:
    If you kill a redfaction in PP or a Warzone, then you gain Faction Symth.
    If you kill a redfaction in P2/cellars levelling, then you gain Faction Symth, and you loose *alot* of SL.
    If you kill a redSL anywhere you gain a reasonable amount of SL. (Now there is a good reason for the hunted to hunt the hunte, and the hunters to kill them both )
    If you kill allied you get heavily penalised. Similar for Neutrals - I think it is fine as it is.

I don't think Faction Guards should shoot faction members with red SL. They shold offer some form of protection. Of course they should shoot anyone else with red SL.

However, rather sadly, I have never seen so many people with LEs in this game. It is rather odd. I wonder what they'll do when capped and WOCed?

Please take into consideration that my views are biased towards full PVP, so I apprciate some won't like these.

If you want to speak as a pvper then get on board witha singular idea. do you even deal with red sl? How often on a week do your cars have to sit ask? How often have any of you dropped multiple guns in the same week because of soul light? If you don't deal with red sl on your chars....the get the duck out of the conversation. this convo should be between the devs and the people affected. what carebear pacifist has the right to make decisions about how we all should play?

Gaining SL easily from shooting "enemies" (i feel some guys here do not know exactly who is their enemy / have only enemies/ have no friendly at all ) is best way to easily exploit SL by using a SL Alt (bitch). And this is what is done a lot. This way SL system is worthless.

Introducing a reasonable clan war system is a good idea (should be implemented for ages ?).

But the faction setting is done and one of the heart mechanics of Neocron. People who shoot friendly chars/ killing in their faction etc. should be punished as hard as criminals are.

Remember: all balancing and rework of pvp WITHOUT a good SL / criminal watch system makes Neocron a dumb shooter/ ganker game, which won't attract many players with this open pvp concept.

Reed

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    [...] If you kill a redSL anywhere you gain a reasonable amount of SL. (Now there is a good reason for the hunted to hunt the hunte, and the hunters to kill them both )
    Nice idea, but sadly opens up the Soullight exploiting again.

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    I don't think Faction Guards should shoot faction members with red SL. They shold offer some form of protection. Of course they should shoot anyone else with red SL.
    If faction sympathy is somehow factored in the calculation maybe. If not, then of course they should shoot at you, since one of the ways you could have gotten red was that you shot people of your own faction. Surely those people should not be protected.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    If you want to speak as a pvper then get on board witha singular idea. do you even deal with red sl? How often on a week do your cars have to sit ask? How often have any of you dropped multiple guns in the same week because of soul light? If you don't deal with red sl on your chars....the get the duck out of the conversation. this convo should be between the devs and the people affected. what carebear pacifist has the right to make decisions about how we all should play?
    Ugly.

Other players, carebears or whatever ARE affected by YOUR -SL, because you probably got this by killing them ?

If you want to discuss something private with devs , make a PM ?

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    This is an open forum to all players of a game we love. My opinion on how the game changes is as valid as yours, possibly more so because I'm not trying to exclude people from the thread. What you're asking for in the above quote is for people who only agree with what you say, what a one sided PoS that would be.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

As I pointed out to teamates yesterday on Comms, the most prominent problem is getting penalised for winning a fight.

As it stands, we fight a more Allied or Neutrals in OP war than Enemies. Infected, SOAD, Fusion, none of them are red to us (Tsunami).

When we fight in OP fight, none of the SL/Symp matters, but when we take this to P2, result is simply that the winner of the fight gets penalized by losing SL/Symps.

This system, penalizing the winning runner, is bullshit. It doesnt do any good to any of the parties involved and promotes exploiting itself.

I think the solution to this can come in many forms :

- Working Clan Wars
    - Reworked SL/Symp mechanics
    - Dynamic Faction Alliances

Working Clan Wars :

I think even the original intended design of this could help. Simply allowing Clans to wage war with enemy clans that are Neutral or Allied with no SL loss.

Reworked SL/Symp with something as :

- SL loss only for killing runners X amount of ranks below you, in all zones
    - Symps gain/penalties in all zones based on faction

Dynamic Faction Alliances :

Basically, based on Average Faction Sympathy over all runners within a Faction, and also perhaps based on Faction Representative, a Faction could switch from Ally, Neutral or Enemy to another faction.

Now I understand this could prove the hardest to implement, but could potentially provide additional immersive elements.

Perhaps even future, RP based events could be scripted according to current faction relations...
    Last edited by Kame; 19-02-13 at 17:32. Reason: Typos

Maybe they should just get rid of Soul Light all together, I mean that would solve a lot of these problems. Then they could get rid of leveling all together as well, start a new char and have him automatically capped, this way they could lose the LE completely. And maybe they could give us some way to obtain guns and armour like provide some sort of cash shop.

Then they should maybe get rid of all the zones that don't have an OP in them because, lets face it, having to run somewhere detracts from our PVP time. Maybe they could implement a system where, I don't know, we could just queue up to do some PVP, that way we'll know the fights would be somewhat fair and challenging. And get rid of this pussy carebear third person view as well, first person view only, better to shoot at people. We also need a more realistic feel to the game, maybe make a couple maps of real world environments, like the streets of moscow or sumthin, that would be cool.

Oh and if you don't agree with what I have to say here then fuck off. I don't want you nub carebears ruining my game because you think NC should be something different. Devs pls listen to me and only the people who agree with me because I know whats best for everyone trust me on this.
    Last edited by Faid; 19-02-13 at 17:51.

I love the sarcasm, and hope no one takes this seriously!
    CanDaMan

I love the sarcasm, and hope no one takes this seriously!
    Yes, hard tobac from Faid Be aware !

Another point:

For pvp especially with friendly/ neutral forces perhaps the dueling option would be a better way than to alter SL. This would not be exploitable. It is common used in other MMOs, like SWTOR for example. There you can everywhere challenging another player and criminal watch/ repression is off. This would work in P2. For group usage (more than 1:1 ) one could think about group mode.

Reed

Carebears and roleplayers have ruined pvp. all good pvp ideas are shot down by people who don't even primarily pvp. to hell with carebears being involved in pvp discussion. let the devs decide whAt changes to make for pvp based in the pvp players. let the devs decide what to do with pve separately from pvp. pvpers can not get any improvements done as it stands.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast