Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Perhaps we need to discuss what having soullight actually means and then making changes. Green or Red...what does it say about you? Afaik, being red opens you up to attack from every player and all cops. Tsunami and BD dont care about criminals. We are criminals. This is why I say red SL guys should be welcomed in PP and only restricted inside the inner city. "Attention citizens. The NCPD only offers protection inside the INNER CITY limits" I will live and die by this statement and its implications.
    you are actually making a wrong assumption here. if you are in one of the criminal factions, you generally don't lose soullight for killing non-criminal factions, as most of them are enemy to you, so your logic is flawed. Criminal organisations such as the tsunami syndicate and Black dragon, or their real world counterparts like the jakuza or mafia are perhaps even more fanatical about group loyalty, they don't accept the killing of their allies and faction members. You are being marked as a person that kills people of their own faction, which means that the people in your own alliance will want to kill you, plus you are being marked as a murderer, so you get targeted by the supposedly neutral copbots. The whole law system in neocron is based on the system that killing your faction enemy is war, killing your own faction/allies is murder/treason.

Also, anti-city does not mean criminal, it means anti-city, nothing more, nothing less.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I completely understand your points. They are valid as stated. The point of the thread is actually the penalties and somewhat acceptance of red sl characters in the pvp community. I do not intend for copbots to not shoot them.

I know of a few people who prefer to have red soullight characters, because they love the thrill of other people hunting them down where-ever they are. It is part of the system, and roleplaying as a criminal psychopath has its place in neocron. I do however think that the entire city should be covered by guards relevant to the sector that shoot low soullight characters. If you are a murderer and a traitor, you should be hunted down whereever you are spotted. I do however believe that it should be possible albeit difficult to survive as a negative soullight character.

The only place in neocron that should be friendly to low soullight people is the jail, and afaik that is already the case. Seeing as getting to negative soullight in general actually requires you to be a dick to people, it should not be something that is recommended, easy or safe, it is a game after all.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post

. Seeing as getting to negative soullight in general actually requires you to be a dick to people, it should not be something that is recommended, easy or safe, it is a game after all.
    Or a stray rocket in an op fight (someone went red in an op fight taking out the vendors in a store with a stray rocket by accident once. i remember the thread but not who it was)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Or a stray rocket in an op fight (someone went red in an op fight taking out the vendors in a store with a stray rocket by accident once. i remember the thread but not who it was)
    are you sure that is still in the game? because the ones I know never take any damage.. and op zones don't cause soullight or sympathy changes for pvp

Yes it happened. That's why traders are now invincible.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I completely understand your points. They are valid as stated. The point of the thread is actually the penalties and somewhat acceptance of red sl characters in the pvp community. I do not intend for copbots to not shoot them.
    So in other words, you want less penalties for Red Soullight, right?
    Because thats a bit different from what was talked about in the thread till now. For some base of that discussion: What are the penalties now? I know that more items are dropped and the Safeslot is gone. But the exact penalties (and also those concerning yellow soullight) as base for the discussion would be nice.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Yes it happened. That's why traders are now invincible.
    In NC1 or something?
    I cant remember that happening ever, in my time here in NC.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Tharos this whole thread is a personal whine about how the person who gets red soul light can get punished less yet that is fine to continue, this isn't a discussion of the merits and negatives about it because it should be a deterrent there should not be any merit and there should be a punishment and that shouldn't be reduced or removed or as the OP has said "rewarded" LOL!
    CanDaMan

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    Tharos this whole thread is a personal whine about how the person who gets red soul light can get punished less yet that is fine to continue, this isn't a discussion of the merits and negatives about it because it should be a deterrent there should not be any merit and there should be a punishment and that shouldn't be reduced or removed or as the OP has said "rewarded" LOL!

I agree. In fact, I'd lke to see the opposite. I'd like to see more reward for staying +100 SL. I know it's suppose to be more difficult to hack your belt if you have 100 SL but those with hack tend to have more than enough for it not to be an issue anyway.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Maybe like 10% discount from vendors for 100 SL?
    CanDaMan

The REAL Walker

Honestly, I too think that the penalty for red SL is too harsh aswell.
    I cant remember how many items it is you drop upon death, but its pretty much everything..
    There should be a limit on how much you drop in your belt when you die with red SL IMO (lower limit that there currently is obviously).
    This is comming from someone who currently have 100SL on his only pvp character btw (This is why I like being TT, Theres no Allied Clans, that I really dislike )
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Why is the penalty too harsh its something that should never be achieved its not like joining a new faction, killing friendlies and neutrals is something that shouldn't occur. If they dropped all items, in an unlocked belt and had their character deleted from the server immediately it would still not be a good enough deterrent
    CanDaMan

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    Why is the penalty too harsh its something that should never be achieved its not like joining a new faction, killing friendlies and neutrals is something that shouldn't occur. If they dropped all items, in an unlocked belt and had their character deleted from the server immediately it would still not be a good enough deterrent
    Because you CAN have people that you dislike, that are in a neutral/Allied faction..
    Or People from a neutral/Allied faction can attack you, and force you to defend yourself..

For example on Terra I had -99 symp on Gotti for ages, for this reason. A TG Clan and I disliked eachother, so we fought everytime we saw eachother. Back then you gained SL for killing enemies though, so SL were rarely a problem.

Hell, some of the most fun times Ive had has been on Walker in Pepper Park, with really bad SL.. After 3-4 hours it was at a positive level Again, and I had a ton of fun. And the people I fought had the chance of getting some nice loot, if they killed me aswell.

Currently SL is too damn hard/boring to get back.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

But because you had a good time doing it does not make it something that the game should promote.
    CanDaMan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast