The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I think working Clan Wars, negating SL losses to waring clans could be a viable solution to this problem.

Promotes clan-clan PVP while non-clanned runners keep the se "insurance coverage" with SL loss.
    This would help a great deal, yes.

And yes I agree with the whole copbots in Pepper Park zones.. It is just completely stupid.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by gostly View Post
    I don't know what genius had the idea of putting cops in pepper park but when you enter pepperpark it tells you that it's an outskirt zone, not a city zone. But those cops remain in that zone anyways. Makes zero sense from an RP pov if you ask me.

PLEASE REMOVE THE COPS FROM PEPPERPARK!
    From a RP (or at least a storyline PoV) they're likely there after CA allowed the anti city factions back into the city, outskirts or not. After allowing these factions back within the city borders they are being constantly observed because they aren't trusted.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    From a RP (or at least a storyline PoV) they're likely there after CA allowed the anti city factions back into the city, outskirts or not. After allowing these factions back within the city borders they are being constantly observed because they aren't trusted.
    Well I think they've been observing for long enough. Pepper park is empty all the time, so they can stop watching pepper park now.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    To be clear...i agree with copbots shooting on sight.i disagree with the placement of cops in pepper park. I've always though pepper park was another home for criminals. it should be controlled by Tsunami and black dragon. plaza and via rosso are obviously off limits to criminals.
    Just a guess, but it may be that those guard will some time in the future pulled back, following the current storyline (whatever it brings up next, but fiughts between Biotech and Tangent might need more Copbot Presence to protect the citizens for example.)

But I also think that red Soul Light and Pepper Park are not naturally compatible. Easiest example: A Red SL Black Dragon. Means he was working against the Black Dragons there, and they won't welcome him. But that part could very well be made dependant on faction sympathy, if the current system supports that.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Lets go roleplay if you like...i am tsunami. just the same as the black dragons, we serve all customers. we allow our mortal enemies access to our services just the same as pure criminals on the street. tsunami and black dragon may be enemies but when entering pepper park you are on your own. We are not city admin.
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 18-02-13 at 17:34.

The real point is PvP. Zoneline PvP is a fun and quick way to have some fights. We need to make the game for fun to play for everyone. not just roleplay. The roleplay should be supporting the community as a whole. It should add to a brilliant cyberpunk game instead of used to force us to play one certain role. criminals are just as important as law abidng citizens. Alot of people can't understand why Alot of us prefer anti city and criminal behavior. i can garantee you that the bad guys play just as important a role to make the game something you will not forget.

The real point is PvP. Zoneline PvP is a fun and quick way to have some fights.
    so we need an additional cellar or basement or storage in plaza one with warzone SL rules for all players too lazy to even move their virtual asses into neofrag. right?

TG:HQ guards attack red SL player...!
    dafuse | PPU-Titan |

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by da_fu$e View Post
    TG:HQ guards attack red SL player...!
    Perhaps we need to discuss what having soullight actually means and then making changes. Green or Red...what does it say about you? Afaik, being red opens you up to attack from every player and all cops. Tsunami and BD dont care about criminals. We are criminals. This is why I say red SL guys should be welcomed in PP and only restricted inside the inner city. "Attention citizens. The NCPD only offers protection inside the INNER CITY limits" I will live and die by this statement and its implications.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Perhaps we need to discuss what having soullight actually means and then making changes. Green or Red...what does it say about you? Afaik, being red opens you up to attack from every player and all cops. Tsunami and BD dont care about criminals. We are criminals. This is why I say red SL guys should be welcomed in PP and only restricted inside the inner city. "Attention citizens. The NCPD only offers protection inside the INNER CITY limits" I will live and die by this statement and its implications.
    Its simple: Red Soullight means you are a traitor. You know what criminal organizations do to traitors, right? Thats at least once the system works as it should.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I am a tsunami traitor for killing another tsunami. So this means copbots can shoot me on sight? Arent Copbots CA and therefore an enemy to Tsu anyway? Shouldn't I be gaining CA symp by killing tsu runners then? Id have to say that being marked as a traitor to all is not justified. The system is broken if you agree it means a traitor. This definition assumes that all factions are allied for a certain cause. Cops do not shoot me for being tsu, they shoot me for killing tsunami? Roleplay does not justify the absurd penalties for being red. We need to start supporting pvp and stop using roleplay as a tool to further carebear the game. The factions are not allied against the enemies of another faction.

You want to know what Soul light really is? It is the will of the Devs, like a god overseeing your actions. It is the devs will for you to follow and obey the faction color-based systems. There are quite a few reasons why this conflicts with real players. First relevant issue is the clan wars within the same faction. Second issue is the players who want to be outcasts and criminals. Third issue is days worth of afk spent in your appy to avoid doing hundreds of boring missions. This is simply removing much needed players from the game. It also turns an otherwise mutual war into a grief/bann contest. The system is too strict and biased. Having red SL should not eliminate you from the game and make you turn to other games to play. Red SL should be just another more hardcore way to enjoy the game.

Can we please stay on topic? This debate should not be biased or personal.
    This should not be biased or personal yet it is clearly both to you.

You kill allied or neutral factions you lose SL, this is wrong and there is a severe punishment. I fail to see any flaw in this. You are looking for a way to gank friendlies and neutrals and reduce the penalty to yourself, how is that non biased and non personal. There are much more important things to think about in re-envisioning this game than your crusade to try gank everyone.
    CanDaMan

Canning...what happened? Did i wrong you in game and you see too many pvpers here speaking out with great ideas? If you are so intimidated by the argument take a second to realize why. In the meantime, try contributing to the debate with valid arguement and stay on topic. the forums are not the place to flame your enemies.

Exclamation Hint

A little advice to all for the sake of a civilized diskussion:

Argue without reference to anyones personal (assumed) ingame (mis)behaviour.

For example: Whenever you feel tempted to write "you", consider "someone" instead.
    Tharos (Skymir)
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

"Zwischen Mut und Leichtsinn besteht nur eine dünne Grenze; ein Kluger erkennt diese."

FacebookTwitterIRCPlay Neocron!Support RoutesRules of Conduct

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast