Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    This is a brainport thread, not a boo boo whine whine about evil RSC thread. So kindly either contribute positively or fuck off thanks.
    Quoted for truth.

I read the first paragraph of that post and thought the guy had an idea. Then I got to the rest and tuned out.

As for the topic. Yes I would love to go back to the old school Op wars. One hacker also would be awesome IMO. Three hackers is bs. One hacker should be able to do all 3.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    One hacker also would be awesome IMO. Three hackers is bs. One hacker should be able to do all 3.
    EITHER FIGHT!!! OR HACK!!! Yes. agreed.

Still think they should remove the option to lock grs.

Op wars would last longer. gone are the days of the 6 hour epics battles of nc1
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

3 hacking rounds by 2 alternating hackers, no HN action needed and a 5 minutes timer between each hack. and underground unchanged, as it is today, to balance the attackers' advantage of initiative.

No sorry we cannot go back to one person to hack a whole op.
    CanDaMan

Personally i would say a few things could be done to "solve" the underground issues.

Alot seem to complain that people can just dive in and out so once they take 1/2 health they can just pop in, heal up and pop out. This of course means in small fights what in most cases have few apu or tank who are spamming the underground, or at least STD dont tend to. Then you have a endless supply for the defending clan to pour out and when they are hurt or buffs running can just pop back in to safety.

My 2 ideas involving this could be either

Idea 1) On entering or leaving a UG you get a debuff that prevents you from either zoning back in or out of the UG (depending on what seems best) If its you get the buff on going in then you cant exit for a while (maybe 2-5 mins). This stops people using it as a safespot to rebuff and heal up. OR if its on leaving, this means that people will have to stay out and fight for say 5mins before re-entering combat.

Idea 2) On layer 1 or maybe 2 of an op being hacked the underground door becomes unlocked. I know this is a bit scary for those who dont want people flooding in to their undergrounds. BUT in the same way as some above said that people barrel their underground so we cant get out. If you are that threatened and need a min to recover, you could barrel the underground from the inside to kill anyone comming in while you get ready to pop out.
    A modification on this idea would be having a terminal in hacknet itself what if you are willing to run a hacknet char to their op you could press a button or kill some clan allied mobs in there drop codebreakers to open the door for a limited amount of time. This may also promote people actually having several hacknet chars who have to fight in hacknet to defend the terminals, rather than the normal what happens now of a hacknet char being stationed nearby and just ports in and presses the button before anyone can see him, so making defending in hacknet pointless.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    NEXT on the agenda

People barrel my underground and we die zoning out.

Clear option for this would be a bit of a map change that maybe you have the central door as you do now, but maybe have 1-2 other doors in zone that you can exit from (probably not enter from though otherwise the problems above become worse). This means you can have multiple exits, so even with the bigger groups putting 6 barrelers on 1 door contantly, will they have 18 barrels to be able to cover 3 doors if they are far enough apart.
    In most cases an easy 2nd door would be where the normal GR is for the zone, just have an exit hole there. The other one could be a bit more remote or out the way if you wanted.
    Last edited by demonssword; 26-02-13 at 15:03. Reason: added new bit

dont forget when making suggestions that these ideas do have to be coded in if theyre to be taken seriously. Its all good posting up a wish list but you have to think about what is doable with the current game.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Well it was perfectly doable in old nc1 to have op wars not suck ass like they do now.

PVP = fun
    Zonewhoring of any kind = no fun

so you just have to find a way to promote endgame pvp without the zonewhoring.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Why can't we enjoy both instead of assume we all have the same personal preference? We need to welcome everyone to pvp. not just clan wars and wasteland ganking. and yes i said ganking....wasteland pvp is not top level pvp. toe to toe drugged to fuck with no stops is unmatched imo for pure pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    dont forget when making suggestions that these ideas do have to be coded in if theyre to be taken seriously. Its all good posting up a wish list but you have to think about what is doable with the current game.
    Well my Idea 1 would work. They have a system in place at the moment that blocks people going into the underground, so if they expand it to include "no entry if X buff/debuff is on you."
    Idea 2 also could work with the current system. Currently the lock on the door is controlled by clan members setting rights on a term. Having an override click in hacknet shouldnt be to hard to code, though having it timed so that it worked for X ammount of time might be hard. Also somehow coding it to not allow someone to just be sitting at an RN term and clicking it back to clan only again might be a pain.

Personally i think the idea of having a door that is locked so no one can get in or out that you dont want to is stupid when the guys who own it can freely move in and out whenever they want. Surely the door is either open or closed, not magically enchanted that only people with the right badge on can phase through it while it simultaniously blocks another person trying to walk through as well.

Having multiple underground exits though again is clearly able to be done as all they need to do is add 1-2 more enter/exit portals to each underground and 1-2 more enter/exits somewhere in zone linked to them.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    I have to agree. I never liked the underground addition.

Much preferred it when we had to run from a nearby GR in a huge group. You're all forced to fight to the death that way (as it should be) and it gives tactics other than zone-whoring a chance to surface and thrive.

100% agree.
    While this was so much fun, trying to intercept the defender/reinforcements coming from near by zones, with the current GR rules system that is in place, it would make it somewhat difficult or impossible to replicate the old way. Ah possible, solution is more random GR's about the wasteland. Like at the top of a random tower, or in those concrete hillside structures that largely go unused in the mountain areas.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Should be easy enough to disable underground gr and / or lock in a testserver patch so everyone can test the difference it makes to op wars.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

This subejct has been discussed while I went on holidays and it seems I missed the discussion. The recent posts poped it into my perception, so here are my thoughts.

First some of you want to get rid of the UG cause you don't want your prey syncing and healing, when you think you could have killed it on the other hand you don't want to aoe the UG cause your all in for a real fight.
    Interesting. I think syncing down the UG makes a fight longer and that is what you all want, at least it seems to be.
    And there should be a difference between defending and attacking. Having a shelter where you can hide, suits perfect for defending. While the defenders hide, you can hack. If you succed the defenderes have nowhere to hide. Perfect play situation. As to say, there is a complaint when your UG is under aoe attack and then you refuse to come from a different GR, but it's asked to remove the UG to establish such a situation. You have it right there.

So I'm clearly against the removal of the UG. There are tactics to deal with the different situations.
    It even makes it possible that not so good players could have some fun since they can sync out and don't die in the first 30 secs, cause they're attacked first and go down fast.

And if you want a fight without outpost hacking and without Underground, ask the other clans for a fun fight in a OP who belongs neither.

I have something to add here. I can't stand the term zone whoring. And I think that is the main reason the most ppl here agreed with removing the UG. I assume also you all count towards the more skilled part of the PvP playerbase. You complain that you don't get the kill you thought you would get, cause someone makes it into safety. So you're not in for a fair fight, your in for a "I have killed him." You think it's frustrating. But it seems you didn't consider the other side there are players who want to learn PvP, to get better, who want to try, and not lie on the ground everytime, cause they don't stand a chance. So don't use the term "zone whoring" or else I see me forced to comment with "kill whining" every time I read about it.
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123