für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Hmm, Im not that satisfied with that vehicle fix, but I guess the developers aren't too.
    From that change I would say LEd Vehicles were exploited too much to let that state continue. - I think I read some combination of LE and Non LE in a vehicle could attack other players before, but the attacked could not defend himself? - Now its the other way around, I guess thats more important, and LE Drivers blocking loot is an additional story.

Change in gameplay:
    - LE Runners are very discouraged from using vehicles
    - Non LE Runners cannot be killed anymore with vehicles and no fear of retaliation
    - LE Runners can still level

So, not really a very good fix for many of those LEs out there, but fixing more than it opens up i guess.

And P.S: I am sure if someone has an easy to implement idea how to fix this another way, I am sure the Devs would at least listen. Of course that would also mean to accept their feedback when they say "not doable", "we don't want it that way", ... and whatever.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

How about this, make it the way it was before it got bugged on Titan. LE'd people can't shoot anyone. Un-LE'd people can only shoot other Un-LE'd people/vehicles. I don't understand why this is so hard of a concept to understand. Unless the Devs can't figure out how to get it back to this point, in which case I can see why they're trying to put a positive spin on this new development. So I guess I'll hop on the TS and test out how best to blowup LE'd peoples vehicles while they can't even shoot me back...

The logical fix to LE'd vehicles would simply be to match all other rules involving LE and no-LE interaction, no? Basically, an LE'd gunner shouldn't be able to harm other vehicles/players and to not be harmed at all by other vehicles/players, LE or no-LE. That doesn't appear to be possible or it's exploitable? Or it's a shift in position on the LE itself...

Anyway, I would urge the devs to make absolutely sure there is some way of informing the players that even if they are LE'd, other players can damage their vehicles with other vehicles. I realize it has been this way for awhile, yet I still see people in-game that were not aware of this, until someone blows up their shiny new ride that is. Not really getting more people into vehicles this way, which I think is a part of NC over looked, save the quad.

With that said, can you please look at the reqs on the vehicles and put them back to what they used to be? I miss my HC driving PE And really don't understand why the reqs were changed as dramatically as they were...

As it was you could easily have an le guy and a non le gunner driving around together lookin for ganking targets. When the you found one the driver simply needs to hop out. Boom target gets killed. The driver hops back in and the le protects the vehicle from retaliation.

Now that is fixed. This is a good thing.

The only further change to this is I would suggest making it so the le is disabled while in the vehicle. That at least means the gunner can shoot back. It's an option. Failing that the gunner has to remove the le.

Maybe grow some balls while he's there. ;-)

The REAL Walker

Sweet! This is going to be like ganking 0/2's!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

*BURNER

Oh sweet. Fixing without a fix of a > half a year problem.
    i miss ya, pheebz

So a level 5 - 20 noob can be travelling from NC to MB (or vice versa) and have his Quad (perhaps even a hard earned and purchased chaincraft) blown up from underneath him leaving him stranded in the wastes?

Or an unLE'd vehicle can camp over an LE'd kill and wait to open it up? This switches a problem from one group of players to another and creates further problems.

I cannot overstate what a ridiculous idea this is.

I'm an advocate of implementing ideas to encourage LE removal but this is not how to do it. This is a punishment and legalised griefing, nothing less.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I this case i would differ between "passive" and "active" Vehicles which means only a speedbike or a quad without any shoot ability is not able to get blown up by non le runners. Rhinos and other shooting vehicles can BUT vehicleuser's should be able to shoot back to devend their property.
    On the otherhand i would just say dont give le'd runners access to "active" vehicles. Problem solved. If Le'd runners want to go hunting with a rhino or something there is always be a non le runner for spawn and sit in required.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

To clarify this again a quote from the patchnotes: the law enforcer only protects the runner himself, not his belongings! And it also makes sure the runner obeys the law. It is as simple as that.

And from a fairplay point of view: consider led players destroying other peoples vehicles: non-led players have no real means to punish those led runners by just killing them, like you would do with non-led runners. Nevertheless, in case you feel uncomfortable with this change, make a decent, well thought- and layed-out proposal and post it here or send it in, we are always open to suggestions.

Also remember, that this is only a part of what will make it into R#181, this is a testerver patch. Especially gameplay mechanic changes will have to be tested as thoroughly as possible. To concentrate on a single gameplay change at once, all gameplay wise changes made with R#181 will be pushed to Vedeena bit by bit.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Maybe a solution introducing a "PvP-Flag" for Vehicles:

Non-LEd Vehicle: A vehicle flagged for Non-LEd Players

LEd Vehicle: A vehicle flagged for LEd Players

Rules:
    - LE can enter LE-Vehicle
    - Non-LE can enter Non-LE Vehicle
    - LE cannot enter Non-LE Vehicle
    - Non-LE cannot enter LE-Vehicle

The activation can be done automaticaly:
    Because a Non-LEd player cannont enter LE-Vehicle, it makes no sense for him to be able to activate LEd mode and vice versa.

Activation and Deactivation of Flag:
    - automaticlay decided on playerstatus
    - Non-LEd player spwans Non-LE Vehicle
    - LEd player spawns LE Vehicle
    Last edited by Sophie; 15-02-13 at 15:05.
    NC3 kommt!

I would like to make a suggestion.

I have got my coffee and I have read through the criticisms slowly and carefully. I cannot believe I am the only person who thought of this however.

Please can we make vehicles almost invincible to regular weapons, but damageable. In the real world currently (from experience) we have large vehicles engaged on military exercises and our governments are doing all they can to protect those vehicles from small arms fire. That said small arms fire DOES still damage and on occasion wound the people inside.

However at the same time we ALSO have specifically designed ANTI-Vehicular weapon systems. These are ALSO in nc. They have been since forever.

Is it at all possible to make these weapons and more particularly their ammo work in the correct way? IE they do little to no damage to a player but they can do a LARGE amount of damage to a vehicle.

Due to the most popular vehicle for levelling being a rhino how about a full clip of rockets (4 I think) would destroy a full health rhino. Splash damage would catch and wound (possibly severely) the repairer if he was in range. Just like in the real world.

Other vehicles would have proportional damage too. One hit would not kill any vehicle but at most do 50% damage perhaps? (to quads etc and other light vehicles?) This would give the runner a chance to escape if he felt the need and also give the shooter a chance to carry out his attack.

The regular and rare guns would still be able to hit and wound/damage vehicles don't forget. I am not saying completely invincible but at the same time the vehicle driver needs to have the ability to be able to drive away and avoid said damage, LE'd or not.

this would cover ground vehicles at least. Heavy armour for tanks and the rest.

Air Vehicles - Would have significantly lower armour compared to ground vehicles. Small arms would damage them as they're lighter and less armoured. However anti air weapons are currently a nightmare to use. If you can get a hit they should do significant damage to the vehicle. Small arms should still be able to score hits and damage the vehicle though - self defence etc.

Any thoughts?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

That would finally put the Anti-Vehicle and Anti Air Rocket Launcher to use... i'd appreciate if those weapons could lock-on their targets. They would of course not lock on anything else then vehicles.
    also they should feature a Armor Piercing Missile, with a shaped charge. Very little AoE damage but high Vehicular damage.

Thus those Anti Vehicle weapons would become barely usable against soft targets but usefull against hard targets.
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 15-02-13 at 15:40.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Snip
    Love the idea!
    Or maybe just make vehicles have low resists to force or something? That way other classes than HC tanks can damage vehicles aswell
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I'm sorry but I disagree with this point, considering that only tanks can get the anti tank weapons. Which used to already work as extra damage on vehicles (no idea if that has changed since i've been gone)

If you make tanks/vehicles immune or very strong against weapon dmg you'll just end up seeing lots of ganks with rhino's that no one can do anything about unless you happen to have the right class with the right weapon you're dead.

I'm sure i'm not the only one but I like the idea that has been put in by the dev's there should be an element of risk for all players in this world, okay you want to keep your LE in and be safe fair enough but if you want to go into this raw unsafe world you have to make considerations, like the fact you may lose your vehicle. Yep as with every patch, change and miniscule comment made by DEV's you will get the people that this directly affects their little safe zone of the world and upsets their earning by stopping their ability to farm without penalty or risk who will kick off and say that this is unfair and unreasonable but I think from a neutral standpoint considering the parameters of what the game can do this is the best solution.

As i've said in previous threads there are two parts to the game, capping your character and equipping your character. While I feel the LE is justified for the initial part of this I don't feel that it should be the be safe while you farm a shit load of techs to make weapons and sell. But I don't wanna go off topic and bring this back to the LE arguement all over again.
    CanDaMan

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    To clarify this again a quote from the patchnotes: the law enforcer only protects the runner himself, not his belongings! And it also makes sure the runner obeys the law. It is as simple as that.
    so what your are saying is u are le'd and u get into a vehicle, your vehicle can get blown up by any non le'd person no matter the circumstance. and this is intended. so what i gather from this is we the dev team couldnt fix the bug so we felt this was the most natural step.

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    And from a fairplay point of view: consider led players destroying other peoples vehicles: non-led players have no real means to punish those led runners by just killing them, like you would do with non-led runners.
    now i know that im NOT on a whole lot anymore but in all honesty ive never seen this happen (and if it does happen, how come fraps, screenshots, and emails to kk arent getting these exploiters warned and banned?). now if u ask me how many times my rhino has been blown up by by members from RSC, i would need both hands to count. it seems to me like you guys are turning the molehill into a mountain. fix the bug, or make it fair for EVERYONE as it is now vhc on vhc is fairgame. after the patch le'd players who use vhc to level and farm are just screwed, and the devs are sayin if u dont like it, take out the le. thats complete bs
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast