Default [T#181] Testserver Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Just throwing this out there...

This is definitely a step in the right direction to prevent the almighty LE advantage. I look forward to testing these changes tomorrow.

Oh man this is great! You're telling me Un-le'd people can now blow up le'd peoples vehicles and they can't even defend themselves I can't wait to go out to all the popular spots and grief the shit outta all those lowly LE'd scum who are just trying to level. This is seriously gonna be fun, I can't tell you how many times Ive been out in the wastes and I come accross an LE'd guy leveling and I thought to myself "I wish there were some way I could just kill this noob, or at least make him suffer in some way" Now I can Thankyou Devs for this new gift I shall cherish it.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

From the quick play this evening... the hacknet mobs are doing damage, BUT for a 48/48 * mob, my character was not struggling in the slightest for health. I need to check on it more, but might need to increase the mob damage of the hacknet mobs. I need to have a mess about in another factions DB first though
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

I mean this in the most helpful way that a runner can comment on a patch, but that is the wrongest direction to go with solving that bug. LE'd Rhinos can't even return fire? What was the thought behind this decision? Because the way I see it, it is going to make leveling for new runners (who keep their LE in longer) a whole lot slower and keep the population of new runners down. If you are going in this direction, have vehicles able to attack each other regardless of LE status. That is literally the only way to keep it fair. The way it is in 181 is the most unbalanced thing I have ever seen in a game.

I am not bitching, just criticizing a 'fix' that seems to unbalance a bug that already exists.

It was probably the easiest/quickest way to "fix" the bug.

I like the vehicle fix. If you want to defend yourself, take out the LE and bust back.

Oh I like it too, I love shooting defenseless people, its what they deserve for being so late to the party or having lives outside the game so they still aren't capped on all their characters. It's just so good that this "fix" has happened after I got to level all my characters up and amass a collection of tech parts and rares, too bad for the suckers that are still levelling up or part hunting and keep their LEs in. (or don't keep it in, makes no difference, if they're still levelling they're easy pickings either way.)

It's open season on those pussies! Hahahaha, they can't even shoot back.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

wow.....just....wow :/ oh well, seeing that i level most my guys rhinoing guess i wont be leveling anymore :/ only have 1 capped char and i use him to level my tradeskillers so whats the point of me even playing anymore? i work 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week so fuck me i guess......best patch yet guys, keep up the good work! one carebear down, rest of the non op fighting server to go :/
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

its not like a huge percentage of people use the vehicles. They use a rhino sometimes but not so often. most people know your still better on foot with range due to damage at higher levels.

Why all the QQ. stops LE rhino thieves taking peoples loot with no blow back.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    stops LE rhino thieves taking peoples loot with no blow back.
    It's because of the unbalancedness of the patch itself. They could easy say all vehicles can shoot all vehicles regardless of LE, but they chose this route, and from everyone I am hearing from, that is the problem.

Last I checked if you could shoot and damage something and it couldn't damage you back thats an exploit. I guess the Devs are promoting this particular exploit. Why stop at vehicles? Why not make it possible for UN-LE'd people to shoot and damage LE'd people and keep so the LE cant shoot back. Makes sense with this line of thinking, unless you guys can't figure out how to fix the initial bug, then this makes perfect sense. It's not a bug it's a feature

@Whiners: Typical Neocron community reaction to a Test Server patch.

While I do feel that this is a positive change, it's a change on the Test Server, so it's not necessarily going to make it to retail or even be permanent if it does.
    If you don't like it, then maybe try typing out something constructive instead of just crying.

I, for one, welcome this change, as it shows that not only are the volunteers able to stomp out bugs, but are willing to make the bold gameplay-altering decisions necessary to make Neocron great again.

Remember: just because a change is disadvantageous to you does not make it a bad or wrong choice. (Ex: drone fixes)

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Define: Feedback

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post

While I do feel that this is a positive change, it's a change on the Test Server, so it's not necessarily going to make it to retail or even be permanent if it does.
    If you don't like it, then maybe try typing out something constructive instead of just crying.

I, for one, welcome this change, as it shows that not only are the volunteers able to stomp out bugs, but are willing to make the bold gameplay-altering decisions necessary to make Neocron great again.

Remember: just because a change is disadvantageous to you does not make it a bad or wrong choice. (Ex: drone fixes)
    maybe one should follow his own advise. theres nothing constructive in your post, its all flame with cuddos to the devs lol. The drone fix was needed because 90% of the server actually used drones and benefited from them. as doc said earlier its a very small percentage of people who actually use vehicles, so this patch only affects a small percentage of people who use them, therefore this patch wasnt to fix a big problem, it was more to stop like 2 people on the server from using the game mechs to their advantage blocking loot.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast