Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Don't play us for fools. That reply is pure bullshit.
    Not at all, it's a fact. While I have an LE in, it is impossible for me to counter-attack.

Making LE'd able to attack non-LE'd is the worst idea ever as it not only opens the door for a lot of LE'd driver/non-LE'd gunner bullshit like we currently have to deal with, it simply makes it easier.
    I don't want LE'd runners to be able to attack un-LE'd. I greatly value what the LE has always been designed to do.

Really if you want to defend your vehicules against an un-LE'd runner, hire a non-LE, or take off the LE yourself.
    This is a bullshit reply you spoke of earlier. I will not be forced to play the game someone else's way. The LE and it's PvP protection is a must for me and others.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

With the new vehicle rules, you will be able to remain an LE'd driver, and with an un-LE'd gunner you will be able to fight back.

As I see things, hiring an un-LE'd gunner is the most viable and fun option for a tradeskiller wanting to hunt in a rhino for instance.

Things are a lot different for say, a lone spy on a Scout Glider or any sort of passive vehicles. I guess it will stimulate the economy.

How is some poor noob with his/her newly acquired vehicle supposed to hire anyone? Even someone who can afford it, for it to be worth another runners time they'd likely want half the loot which would mean Le'd runners only have half the earning potential as un-LE'd. A group of non PvP friends should be able to go into the wastes (or anywhere else for that matter) without having to give a chunk of their earnings to someone to protect them from a PvP element.

Also, why would my LE'd tank want to hire a un-LE'd gunner?

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    How is some poor noob with his/her newly acquired vehicle supposed to hire anyone? Even someone who can afford it, for it to be worth another runners time they'd likely want half the loot which would mean Le'd runners only have half the earning potential as un-LE'd. A group of non PvP friends should be able to go into the wastes (or anywhere else for that matter) without having to give a chunk of their earnings to someone to protect them from a PvP element.

Also, why would my LE'd tank want to hire a un-LE'd gunner?
    That all sounds totally reasonable to me.

BioTech Evolution Optimizer Ingthor's Avatar

( sry online translation help )

We have to think over enough experiences the LE.
    With the LE I show that I have no interest in the PvP and serves as a player protection to be killed with the PvP.

Normal killing effects with a player are:

#1. Cemetery
    #2. Loss of the dog Tags
    #3. Belt and object loss
    #4. Implant loss
    #5. Money and loss of SI

If I consider which points to the central protection of the player serves so I could neglect points #1.

Sharp 1 an In parallel society and behaviour did not bring us thus was wanted.

I think its time to test if Killing LE Player with additional Player Protection of #2 till #5 will be possible for our World
    Ingthor
    [MoC-BT|Mars]
    BEO - BioTech Evolution Optimizer

Quote Originally Posted by Ingthor View Post
    ( sry online translation help )
    So LE'd players can be killed but they would lose nothing.

Question is why would anyone even remove the LE anymore then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    So LE'd players can be killed but they would lose nothing.

So they could defend themselves.

About the vehicle stuff, I just noticed today that even in the retail server non LE'd can shoot a LE'd player's vehicle but only when they aren't inside it, was 2.2 like this before all the volunteer team patches or is this a new bug? It seems strange to me, like the game isn't recognizing the vehicle as owned by a LE'd player until they're actually driving it.

I would be grateful if someone could make this clear for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    We everybody know the restrictions a LE bearer has

#A. A head place less
    #B. No clan creation
    #C. No belt hack

If you believe this it does not reach around players in it to hinder also to play the End-content.
    Then one could think to himself optionally about an additional belt LE. But
    this is a new discussion.
    Ingthor
    [MoC-BT|Mars]

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    *snip*was 2.2 like this before all the volunteer team patches or is this a new bug?*snip*
    It has always been that way in 2.2. Once LE'd players leave a vehicle, it is FFA. No bug, working as intended (in 2.2).

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    So they could defend themselves.....
    LE are no helpless players, I do not know like you get on.

It goes completely have which social position player LE in Neocron only therefore.

They have a protective function towards PvP player - more not.

I mean an additional cemetery protection one can neglect
    Ingthor
    [MoC-BT|Mars]

With the new vehicle rules, you will be able to remain an LE'd driver, and with an un-LE'd gunner you will be able to fight back.

As I see things, hiring an un-LE'd gunner is the most viable and fun option for a tradeskiller wanting to hunt in a rhino for instance.

Things are a lot different for say, a lone spy on a Scout Glider or any sort of passive vehicles. I guess it will stimulate the economy.
    [Addressing the Non-LE/LE'd spots]
    So just make it a rule that a non-LE'd person can only have non-LE'd people in he vehicle and vice versa for LE'd people. That way all this talk about LE/Non-LE'd gunners come to an end. It shouldn't be hard to implement a way to safety lock vehicles so that you can coin the term "LE'd vehicle" and "Non-LE'd vehicle".

If you need me to clarify:
    LE'd Vehicle = Vehicle that can only be operated by LE'd players
    Non-LE'd Vehicle = Vehicle that can only be operated by Non-LE'd players.

In summary, if you find my post somewhere on page 3 (i.e. applying the same guidelines LE'd/Non-LE'd players abide by in regular PvP) and include what I posted in this post, the only logical flaw in everything would be the people who cover a mob's loot.

One possible way to deflect the "people who cover up loot" would be to release a "/set" (or relative to the command) that opens loot when you are in looting range. For anyone who has played WoW, I believe the command was /loot, in which case you player was able to loot the mob without having to press a button or having clear l.o.s. However, I can be wrong, it's been a really long time since I played WoW (good riddance).

EDIT: this scenario stated in this post also addresses Doc Holliday's post on page 2 about LE'd/Non-LE'd gunners(too lazy to throw in the quote).
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

You make all that so complex,thus complicates - rules who what and how.

LE Player have to be Protected from PvP Player - right. But an additional Cemetery Protection isnīt necessary because they are in the
    same game community as nonLE Player.
    Ingthor
    [MoC-BT|Mars]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345