Default Add the ability to transfer credits Via In game mail.

I think there should be the ability to be able to transfer credits from one character to another via in game mail. It can especially be useful for moving credits between your characters, just like you could in other mmos, so you don't have to make all the money from scratch when you make a new character.

There are some classes where making money can be difficult because you may not be able to get that much loot to sell, such as professions and classes that can carry little weight.

Its also comes in handy if you want to pay another player by sending them an in game mail with credits attached.

Another idea is the ability like in NC1, to create creditcubes (cubes with money stored on it) and to buy a "Box" as furniture, where you can store items, who can be accessed by anyone, so you can drop some things in your appa entrance and get it with another char.

With this, you can store items and tell a friend "hey, I got something for you in the box" or something like that when you're hunting.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 12-02-13 at 20:04. Reason: Update with later version of OP's point

This should be posted into the Brainport-Forum

Hmm, another possibility could be, like in NC1, to create creditcubes (cubes with money stored on it) and to buy a "Box" as furniture, where you can store items, who can be accessed by anyone, so you can drop some things in your appa entrance and get it with another char.

With this, you can store items and tell a friend "hey, I got something for you in the box" or something like that when you're hunting

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Many many moons ago I posted something similar, but expanded to items too; a sort of NC Post.

Just like WOW then. Good idea.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Thread moved. I'll update the OP with the later version that was already here then remove the duplicate.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Another option would be to combine all money you have on your account. So that, when you delete a character for whatever reasons you have, you do not need to send all money to another character.

This would, of course, not be very "roleplay-ish" but kind of comfortable.

But still, being able to send money from one character to another is a good idea in general, I think.

I want the cashcubes back. I know, why they got removed. But I always loved the idea of leaving some cashcubes at random locations in the world to be found by other runners.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    WoW didn't exist at the time and I won't say that anything WoW has is never something NC can consider.

I'm personally completely unfussed about the current situation, but things like shared apts might be an idea.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Nothing wrong with stealing ideas from other games - as long as they are good ideas
    I definitely support this idea. Its insane that you have to trust someone else for Money transfers (well, all the new people, with only one account).

Im a bit split on the shared Apartments idea that DJ wrote.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Nothing wrong with stealing ideas from other games - as long as they are good ideas
    I think some people play Neocron mainly for the reason that it is not mainstream and not WoW, therefore they associate comfort-features of WoW and other MMOs with being mainstream and don't want it in "their" game.

As much as I appreciate Neocron not being overrun by kids, the developers have to adapt to certain MMO-standards to keep Neocron afloat and in competition to other MMOs.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Just because something is a standard, doesn't mean its really good. Often it just means it is comfortable. And the most important thing is how something affects gameplay, and then IF one wants to have the game like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropout
    Its insane that you have to trust someone else for Money transfers
    For example when you look at this, at first it seems good to reduce the chance of getting conned, or having to find someone you trust. But the important thing is you have to find someone you trust or be creative because of it. So it helps to build trust (and identify idiots). Some individuals are affected negativly by it, of course. But it might be something that helps the community develop.
    Most things have more than one side that need to be looked at
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I am not saying that there is only a downside to not being able to send money via and ingame mail system. And I also do not say that every standard is good. I don't think that everything needs to be instanced, and I do think that the LE System is a good idea that I do not really see as a standard. But there are standards that Neocron does not meet, for example the size of the individual sectors. Even LoL-Maps are bigger than that. But those sectors are so deeply implemented into the whole game, that it can not be changed, and you do not only see, you also feel, that the game is more than ten years old.

Neocron 2.2 is as it is, and there can only be minor changes. But if the developers are working on NC3, they sometimes have to give away gameplay that a minority enjoys in order to meet the "needs" of the majority. That is, if they want to have a greater audience with the game.

Being able to transfer money is one of that small things, that is an idea that has positive and negative aspects. While I'd enjoy the possibility to transfer money between characters, I am also used to leave stuff with one of my characters at the apartment of another character. And learning to trust someone in a game, and especially binding, is the other - as important as the first - side of it.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Just because something is a standard, doesn't mean its really good. Often it just means it is comfortable. And the most important thing is how something affects gameplay, and then IF one wants to have the game like that.
    For example when you look at this, at first it seems good to reduce the chance of getting conned, or having to find someone you trust. But the important thing is you have to find someone you trust or be creative because of it. So it helps to build trust (and identify idiots). Some individuals are affected negativly by it, of course. But it might be something that helps the community develop.
    Most things have more than one side that need to be looked at
    The problem is that it hurts new players almost 100% of the time.
    They dont have friends that they have known for 5+ years. They are rarely in clans (for a while anyways), and they dont have multiple accounts.
    Pretty much every single vet, has more than one account, and can transfer money by dual-logging.

One thing is to trust tradeskillers for repairs and sometimes even ressing/csting rares. That I dont mind.
    But not being able to transfer money from character to character is stupid and illogical. Dont tell me that they done have something similar to online banking, in whatever year we are now in, in NC..

The only problem with this is Dev time. Since it would be a completely new feature (I guess).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I think the best way to do this would be to use Stockx.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I definitely support this idea. Its insane that you have to trust someone else for Money transfers (well, all the new people, with only one account).

Im a bit split on the shared Apartments idea that DJ wrote.
    Multiple accounts and multi log is a way to xo that without having a 3rd party involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast