Neocron Citizen

Default Researching rareparts

I havent really done any serious rare part hunting since i started playing. Shot a few warbots here and some firemobs there so i have only gotten a small stack of them. And my character that is supposed to research them is not leveled up yet so they are still unidentified.

But since we have had the task of testing some i got the idea id make a try on them yesterday.
    I moved 3 low tech parts and 18 tech parts to the researcher and went to plaza to see if i could get them researched even thought the zone was pretty populated.
    I admit that the mail reason i wanted to research them was to see how my research skill would do, i have read some threads stating that below 200 or something it wont work. Low tech is TL70 and tech parts is TL90 i think.

Yes, i know that its nothing certain, statistic material is way to small to give us more then a hint, if i do them again i might blow all up since my skill istn the 200 somone said. I.E. take the result in any way you want, its just a test.
    So the result..

3 Low Tech Parts:
    I had to do 6 tried on these but since the game crashed during one try i had to do one again, so in short 3 parts, 6 tries and 4 succeeded.

18 Tech Parts:
    This was worse for my skill.
    47 tries.
    29 failures
    12 succeeded
    6 critical failures that blew the tech part up.

So id have to say it wasnt that bad, i wouldnt hesitate to do low techs but techs are a bit off still.
    This was done with a TL90 ress tool and a monk with 41 int (turned 42 at the end but didnt change the ress skill)
    And a unmodded (i.e. no implants or boosters at all) ress skill of 93 !!!

/S

Get an advanced nerves in. that will push you up a bit surfer. maybe up to 96 or so but better than nothing. ressings a good way to level monk int though. Or repairing a vehicle gets you your dex and some intel as well. it will help dex no end for definite.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Neocron Citizen

Im ok with leveling some more before taking a crack at those parts again, at 60 int i can use a glove and if it wasnt for the implant everytime i want to research it would work alot better (its the curse of beeing a monk i guess).

This was more a test to see what happens at (really) way to low level in research.
    Somewhere ive read that for L, T and E (TL70, TL90, TL110) you need 90, 110 and 130+ in skill but now i see alot of people saying its all or nothing so beeing "rookie" i wanted to try it to make my own opinion.

At 93 skill costed alot of gel since i had 29 failures on tech's and it was a pain to redo them over and over while failing.
    But loosing "only" 6 out of 18 was really surprising since i am only 3 points over the requirement on the skill.

/S

People go all or nothing because losing a rare part can be terrible, you have no way of knowing what it was, it could of been one of those super rare parts that people with thousands of identified parts still haven't got.

I'd like to know how much research skill is needed for 0% chance of a crit failure on E parts, I know its meant to be double the TL so 220 but I've seen people say 230 is needed, can anyone confirm this?

I have an almost maxed researcher and he still fails Tl150 cubes occasionally. This is circa 225 Res.

However I have not broken a rare part with Res above 200. This is true. I was researching at above 150 on rares though. Truth of the matter is if you want to research then I would go for 150+ as a baseline for getting your rare parts id'ed with a chance of success.

To level up to that is a whole other story. Rhinoing is one way but as monk you might have to be content with more traditional ways tbh as your low dex is not going ot help you out with vehicles.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Neocron Citizen

yeah i actually made the researcher character as a monk in case i would like to play a monk in hte future so leveling is done in the normal way. As a matter of fact i dont have much to say about leveling in neocron, then again i try to take it casual on all my chars.

And yeah i think 150+ is a pretty ok number to aim for in researching, at least for doing E-parts, it cant be that big a risk to critcally fail a E-part at 150+.
    Sure you can argue as hatmankh said, that just that part that fails is the super rare part everyone will pay and arm and a leg to get.. on the other hand that rare part is the one in that 90/90 flying raptor was gonna drop, the raptor i drove past to get to that chaser instead.. or the warbot i passed yesterday without bothering about..
    Or tomorrows catch..
    Killing yourself over a blown part here and there will just make the mind break

/S

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I have an almost maxed researcher and he still fails Tl150 cubes occasionally. This is circa 225 Res.

However I have not broken a rare part with Res above 200. This is true. I was researching at above 150 on rares though. Truth of the matter is if you want to research then I would go for 150+ as a baseline for getting your rare parts id'ed with a chance of success.

To level up to that is a whole other story. Rhinoing is one way but as monk you might have to be content with more traditional ways tbh as your low dex is not going ot help you out with vehicles.

222 is the max research I'm fairly certain with Hawkins, SS and TH cpu
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    222 is the max research I'm fairly certain with Hawkins, SS and TH cpu
    223 according to Nskill. 235 with cst boost 3, and then theres also OP bonusses
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I imagine being in a clan that owns a lab and researching tl150 cubes in the OP zone would be very profitable, even more so with cst boost 3 and a stack of blue fairy.