1. #1
    für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Tech Haven
    Posts
    573

    Default Impact of XP Advantage to Non LEs for LE Wearers

    Please stick to the discussion in this thread, get your poison spitting and cries of "I want that" or "I don't want that" somewhere else.

    Since it came up again in the brainport I had to ask myself again what the problem is, if people without LE get an XP Advantage, for people wearing their LE.
    I for myself cannot see it. The Advantage, in my view, would only affect those that would like to remove the LE sooner or later, since they get to feel the difference between people that level without LE and those that level with it.
    Everyone wanting to keep their Law Enforcer in the head, as far as I see it, should have no problem with it, because that person doesn't want to interact in PvP, so if those people advance a bit slower, they still advance the same speed with everyone else that wears LE, which are the people they can team with.

    So I ask all people wearing LE, and of course also those that don't and see the difference it makes, for ARGUMENTS what the disadvantage is for LE wearers that want to keep the LE, if people without LE get an XP Advantage.

    I repeat from the top: Please stick to arguments, leave mere likes/dislikes and similar opinions out of it.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

  2. #2
    Huckle Beare' Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    I really think this should have kept in the brainport deus. It was doing nicely with the discussion there for the most part. However its for the mods to decide i guess.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

  3. #3
    freedom for neocron! Torg's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    wasteland
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    'sticking to arguments' i have to ask you: why should Non-LEds have an exp-advantage over LEds? it's just a proposition you make. as far as i can see there is no need for Non-LEds to level up faster. it's just something you'd like to get. beyond all the advantages Non-LEds do have by now. i doubt you'll gain a majority vote on that. (and yes, i expect this thread to be moved to brainport pretty soon).

  4. #4
    Huckle Beare' Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Its already in the brainport. its about BALANCING the advantages been having the LE in and not having it in torg. Go read the BP thread and you will see some very good valid arguments. You will also find some posts by chuck norris.

    Anyway its been shown to have a large following in support by alot of people posting in the thread. i think that the brainport might not be seen by as many community members as here hence deus bringing it here.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

  5. #5
    für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Tech Haven
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Its not in the Brainport since its not an idea I have but its arguments about the issue I want to know.
    Its not about how many community members see it, but it might still be different I guess.
    In the thread in the Brainport there is much discussion if one wants that, why it should be and so on.
    Hence the different thread here, where I ask for the impact it would have on non LE wearers.
    Its just information I'd like to gather, and what I'd like to find out is different from the discussion in the brainport.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

  6. #6
    Huckle Beare' Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Its not in the Brainport since its not an idea I have but its arguments about the issue I want to know.
    Its not about how many community members see it, but it might still be different I guess.
    In the thread in the Brainport there is much discussion if one wants that, why it should be and so on.
    Hence the different thread here, where I ask for the impact it would have on non LE wearers.
    Its just information I'd like to gather, and what I'd like to find out is different from the discussion in the brainport.

    I take it back. a similar discussion is on the brainport.

    Now i re-read your post your looking over it all you want the counterarguments why it shouldnt be granted. sorry. Yeah im curious to see too. however the brainport thread was kinda leaning that way. why or why not etc.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

  7. #7
    Xpertz William Antrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    There are not any really valid counter arguments. Thats the whole point. Torg has tried to produce a counter argument but failed. There are a small number of benefits to removing the LE, this would be added to that list of benefits. It is not like those people who felt left out couldn't take out their LE's too and enjoy the same benefits as the rest of us.

    Every time this discussion comes up the people who are against it spout off the same rehashed posts as the last time it came up. There is no argument to counter why this shouldnt be added. IT would be open to everyone to make the choice for themselves.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

  8. #8
    Guess whos back wargolem's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Location
    Pluto -> Saturn -> Terra -> Titan -> ?
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Its actually really hard to understand your argument

    However people need to stop banging on about LE's else they may be in danger of sounding like certain in game clowns.

    I don't think non LE's having a slight exp adv would be an issue but we have already started to see an increase in the number of people without an LE. The problem with LE's actually lies with things like MC5
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    There are a small number of benefits to removing the LE
    Actually, not being able to join a clan and losing an implant slot are pretty large disadvantages to having your LE in.

    It might be hard to understand, but some people just want to play the game, see the world, kill mobs, trade & interact with other players without getting constantly ganked, by some random asshole 20 or 30 levels higher than them. Why should they be disadvantaged by a lower XP gain? Or, to put it another way; why should you have a leveling advantage just because you took your LE out? You already have an extra brain-slot..

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    The problem with LE's actually lies with things like MC5
    I agree.
    How about making it so that MC5 parts farmed by people with an LE make implants that can only be used by LE wearers?
    I LIKE YOU!
    (when i rule the world your deaths will be swift and painless)

  10. #10

    Default

    I like where you're coming from with that idea but I disagree I think MC5 should be a prestigious thing earned and only by those with their LE's out, I agree with you there are people that prefer the farming, trading aspect of the game and if they indeed want an MC5 chip they can use this extensive farming and trading to get one. MC5 farming and drops should be restricted to people with LE's out.

    How this is accomplished is a completely new question however, other than zone checks for LE's (which afaik you can't do) or unlootable/untargatable for LE (possibly easier to implement) then i'm not sure how else to get there.
    CanDaMan

  11. #11

    Default

    Thread #1003 about the LE. As william stated earlier
    Every time this discussion comes up the people who are against it spout off the same rehashed posts as the last time it came up.
    Every time this discussion comes up the people who are for it spout off the same rehashed posts as the last time it came up.

    This is tiresome to read yet again. There are a ton of arguments for and against. I think the Dev team should worry about balance before they even consider coming close to the LE. It's rather counter-productive at this point in time.

  12. #12
    Registered User Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2001
    Location
    BEHIND YOU!!!
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Because right now unLE'd characters are leveling at a slower rate. Getting ganked and having to re-imp, and run back to where you were can be a major hit to xp/hour. You can say "Well keep your LE in". So now we're forced to be an LE character or suffer major XP loss? Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic genre is supposed to be dark, and dangerous and that's how I want the world to feel. LE's simply ruin immersion. I want the thrill of combat and to ACTUALLY HAVE A CHALLENGE. Why should WE be penalized? Where is the Risk vrs Reward which is often a fundamental idea behind combat games.


    You don't want a fair system, you want a system that babies you.


    (This is directed at no one specifically)

  13. #13
    Xpertz William Antrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Because right now unLE'd characters are leveling at a slower rate. Getting ganked and having to re-imp, and run back to where you were can be a major hit to xp/hour. You can say "Well keep your LE in". So now we're forced to be an LE character or suffer major XP loss? Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic genre is supposed to be dark, and dangerous and that's how I want the world to feel. LE's simply ruin immersion. I want the thrill of combat and to ACTUALLY HAVE A CHALLENGE. Why should WE be penalized? Where is the Risk vrs Reward which is often a fundamental idea behind combat games.


    You don't want a fair system, you want a system that babies you.


    (This is directed at no one specifically)
    This.

    Extra XP should be a benefit added to the list of benefits for us non-le'd. Especially the people trying to Woc a pe.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

  14. #14
    Registered User Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2001
    Location
    BEHIND YOU!!!
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Especially the people trying to Woc a pe.
    Friend WoC'd non LE PE. Pretty sure it nearly resulted in IRL suicide.

  15. #15
    für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Tech Haven
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
    It might be hard to understand, but some people just want to play the game, see the world, kill mobs, trade & interact with other players without getting constantly ganked, by some random asshole 20 or 30 levels higher than them. Why should they be disadvantaged by a lower XP gain? Or, to put it another way; why should you have a leveling advantage just because you took your LE out? You already have an extra brain-slot..
    Thanks, at least thats an argument. Still for the wrong side, since in the opening I asked for arguments concerning those that don't plan to take their LEs out, but still an argument :-)
    So thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strife
    Because right now unLE'd characters are leveling at a slower rate. Getting ganked and having to re-imp, and run back to where you were can be a major hit to xp/hour. You can say "Well keep your LE in". So now we're forced to be an LE character or suffer major XP loss?[...]
    Also thanks, its an argument too. But while i agree, and its my angle too, its still for the wrong side, because in that thread my interest lies on people not planning on taking it out, and how it would affect them.
    But thanks for argumenting ;-)
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •