Default I take it back, Please no Double XP weekend.

With the new PVE making firemobs and warbots shoot over vehicles and some hills, Caves almost impossible due to all safespots being removed, double XP would just force everyone into Regants or to poke Rhinos...

Now, I think that PVE was broken, safe spotting was lame and a pile of crap, but the problem lies within the changes to damage/resists. The fact of the matter is: mobs simply hit too hard (even with a good con and ppu buffs!).

Graves and poison caves are still not viable due to the ridiculous damage, and even with a PPU chaos caves is pretty much a joke now. We needed more viable leveling areas with our swelling neocron population, not less!

If you are going to make changes guys please can you consider the consequences and reduce mob damage back to the proportions it used to be. The price of techs is going to be effected by this patch too.

I really like the direction in which Neocron is now heading, however too much is trying to be done too soon. Little bit by little bit is the way forward I think this patch has most certainly taught us that!

I fully expect the usual fanboys to flame in this post but none the less, someone was going to say it
    Last edited by wargolem; 08-02-13 at 00:14.
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    With the new PVE making firemobs and warbots shoot over vehicles and some hills, Caves almost impossible due to all safespots being removed, double XP would just force everyone into Regants or to poke Rhinos...

Now, I think that PVE was broken, safe spotting was lame and a pile of crap, but the problem lies within the changes to damage/resists mobs simply hit too hard (even with a good con and ppu buffs!).

Graves and poison caves are still not viable due to the ridiculous damage, and even with a PPU chaos caves is pretty much a joke now.

If you are going to make changes guys please can you consider the consequences and reduce mob damage back to the proportions it used to be. The price of techs is going to be effected by this patch too.

I fully expect the usual fanboys to flame in this post but none the less, someone was going to say it
    Hit it on the head.
    Agreed.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Small Pepper-Park rat :p Tenchiro's Avatar

dude, come on...

[EDIT]
    Last edited by Ziu; 08-02-13 at 00:28. Reason: Picturespam
    ----------------------
    IT TOOK ME HALF A DAY TO FIND OUT WHAT “BRATHERING” MEANS.
    THE ANSWER IS EASY. IT'S GERMAN NOT ENGLISH –

He's right, changes have consequences, and while I understand the need to balance mob damage carefully around the new changes some of the problems were easily foreseeable and could at least been alleviated somewhat until a 'proper' balance could be carried out. It's messy, but even a simple reduction in mob damage across the board would have helped and probably wouldn't have made anything but very low level encounters 'too easy', which is a minor side effect when compared with the alternative of making some higher level areas not viable.

Fully agree. Of course the mechanics of the game needed to be fixed as it has, but with that also needs some balancing, otherwise PvE is completely off the cards right now.
    Ore Ben ga himo da nante, shiranakatta ze! Yaru jan!

I have been suggesting just this sort of fix every few months for several years now. I want PVE to be like the old days. IE soloable but DOUBLE the fun in a team. With the XP bonus I think that the team reward is enough to get the team players out there but the solo players/casual/lone wolf types should also have some viability to play their style of game. LE'd or not.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I take it we will be getting x20 exp since we are getting no exp atm PVE is completely broken now sorry but this patch was not thought through properly how can you expect people to come back to this?....... sorry but at this rate it will take weeks to cap tbh I just cant be arsed to play atm, and I know you guys are working hard but people did point this out already and I do think you should have just removed the patch completely until you found a solution since your creating more problems instead of solving them atm.

I hear a lot of talk from people about how much the devs work on this compared to the previous ones. Work means nothing if you don't think it through.

If you said you were doing this before patching the entire forum would of shot you down. Right now no one can enjoy your game - and this is after three days of fucking around trying to fix it.

I just want to play......if i can't do that then ill see you all again in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundonian View Post
    we are getting no exp atm PVE is completely broken now
    Please create a bugreport and add more details about the circumstances under which you are not getting XP.

Quote Originally Posted by DigestiveBiscui
    If you said you were doing this before patching the entire forum would of shot you down.
    Obviously, if we had expected fallout of this kind, we would not have applied the patch in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DigestiveBiscui
    I just want to play......if i can't do that then ill see you all again in 10 years.
    As long as we are in the thick of fixing broken mechanics that have been neglected for many years, issues will arise from time to time.
    We are not here to solely maintain the broken status quo that lead to an average population peak of ~20 players on Terra. We are here to make Neocron reap in on some more of its potential and that means making changes which in turn means that sometimes things can go wrong. While of course, a primary goal of us remains to provide a safe and stable environment for everyone to enjoy Neocron, the game in its current state shares some attributes of a public beta.
    If this is a dealbreaker for anyone, we're sorry, but sometimes you can't have it all.
    Last edited by Mokoi; 08-02-13 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    get ya asses on the testserver next time!
    ive fixed it for you Mokoi
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Instead of crying about it help fix it. be a part of the problem or part of the solution. Sounds like torg got his wish and the game became harder

Now. why not start and collate data to actually figure out whats overpowered and what isnt. then start and log some damage logs etc and get some factual proof of what is broken and figure up some suggestions on how to fix it. i have little time this weekend to play but i will be on soon enough and intend to help where i can.

see you in ten years bici.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Next time it may be better for people to be told to attend a test server day like last time. You have several utilities so get players to listen (such as simply typing a message on the retail server) and this will get their attention to help test rather than go along normally.

The problem i have is one of frustration - It's obvious to me that you guys play the game as we've seen a few dev's popping on to say hi in peak hours. What i don't get is why some changes were done when both of us knew it wouldn't work. Take the choas caves for example - we know from the start of Neocron that if you stand and shoot on the floor no matter who you are they're going to kill you. The damage simply out ways any CON setup you can create.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

I would just really like more options to level... the graves and the poison caves are cool content, so it would be nice if they were toned down to give the populace more options. It also might encourage people to rip LE's erlier as they have more options in terms of quiet places to level rather than everyone going el farid, chaos caves or regants.

Its just sad that our current content got made even tougher! and the gap between mid level content like launchers and high level content like chaos caves grew bigger.

I have faith the PvE will be addressed in the future, I know the list is a mile high right now
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    I would just really like more options to level... the graves and the poison caves are cool content, so it would be nice if they were toned down to give the populace more options. It also might encourage people to rip LE's erlier as they have more options in terms of quiet places to level rather than everyone going el farid, chaos caves or regants.

Its just sad that our current content got made even tougher! and the gap between mid level content like launchers and high level content like chaos caves grew bigger.

I have faith the PvE will be addressed in the future, I know the list is a mile high right now

*coughs*

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...nt-for-Neocron
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I havent had any problems with mobs. I'll check again, but be sure you're getting your dmg types right. Force/fire. Im still tanking fire mobs with self buff and pvp setup on my pe. If we finally had to tailor detups that'd be great.

Adapt people!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast