Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    This makes literally no sense. Myself and many others of SXR are UN-LE'd and in clan. Some of us chose to level chars with their LE in, in order to level up unobstructed by senseless gankers. I don't see how leveling with an LE gives anyone unrestricted and favorable access to areas? Are you all mad because you can't simply gank everyone who is trying to level in a specific area? ........
    Fully agreed.

I cannot understand how a minority of players could state that LE is abusing the game and should be removed/ weakened at most.

Its common that a lot of players, especially those who do want to join the pvp later prefer to level with LE up to a certain point, then remove it.

And: Didn't you guys learned your lessions of the past ?

Neocron is a very competitive game. Driving this game:

- without a reasonable (pvp) balancing
    - without a functionable criminal watch/ soullight system
    - without effective countermeasures against cheating
    - without effective monitoring the game (game hygiene, e.g. ooc channels etc.)

will make Neocron a failure again. Players will leave the game.

A good mixture between pvp and non-pvp content would be fine and noboy denies that this game is pvp-driven.
    I hope that this dev team will think about this and won't repeat mistakes of the past.

Reed

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    - without a reasonable (pvp) balancing
    - without a functionable criminal watch/ soullight system
    - without effective countermeasures against cheating
    - without effective monitoring the game (game hygiene, e.g. ooc channels etc.)
    I fully agree that if those points are repaired / made functional they will also be incentives to remove LE sooner. And those are very important points too.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    I dont think it's a good idea to "force" anybody to do anything in this game. None of this even really matters anyway KK will do what KK wants to do regardless of what we have to say, it's always been this way. (yes i know technically they're not kk anymore)

I'm done with this thread.
    That was just my opinion, not really a suggestion. But thanks for mentioning it anyways before you got "done" with this thread. Move along please.

I just think there's something wrong when you see a group of LE'd players doing MC5. That's something that you should have to contend for against other players. Did it not used to be that if you went back to MC5 with your LE in that you were treated as a newbie(the zone was unchanged, just like when you create your character) or did I just imagine it was that way?

I just think there's something wrong when you see a group of LE'd players doing MC5.

Well thats your opinion, I think a lot of players will disagree, LE'd opinions vs Un-LE'd opinions lets not let one take president.

I know for a fact PVP none LE'd characters can kill LE'd players with null dmg exploit. Their are problems on both ends of the spectrum; incentive's to LE removal hardly seems fair to over half the player base

Farming mc5 and collecting techs for a clan pool must be what they call "leveling characters".

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I know for a fact PVP none LE'd characters can kill LE'd players with null dmg exploit. Their are problems on both ends of the spectrum; incentive's to LE removal hardly seems fair to over half the player base
    Has this exploit been reported? Do you even know what you're talking about? When I had my LE in a month ago after I came back to the game after a 10 year hiatus I was killed numerous times where it would tell me a vehicle killed me or (unknown) or (null). Shit, this still happens to me occasionally. So is that really an exploit or a bug within the game? I'm dead serious. If you know that it's 100% an exploit please report that shit man.

its been reported for years

Please, either change/remove LE or split the servers.

As non-LE, the only reason you have to interact with the walking shit that LE runners are (not all of them, to be fair), is when they try to annoy you out of doing PvE or try to steal your loot. I can also understand the rage towards clans that have seperate characters for PvE, because it seems to be a popular tactic, to do PvE with your LE team, and when you see some non-LE runners in the area, you scout them and wait for a chance to log your 5+ non-LE runners to stab them in the back.(While they have mob agro etc.)

The concept, to have PvP on/off decided by which of your characters you are logged on, instead of a regional/server/LvL decicion is really shitty. It gives you zero reasons to pull out your LE if you intend to do PvE with that character.

No LE play styles have long been overlooked and seen as unacceptable by the LE players. Running to the back of Crp for example. How else can my nub characters hope to get some exp when the entire server wants me dead on sight? Am I to be forced into a nub group of enemies and just wait to be ganked? If I do otherwise im called an exploiter? Bluerobot...If we had the population and the Dev team willing to let pvp be the main reason for playing NC, I would totally support your ideas. Who knows, maybe the PvP server would grow beyond the carebear server if the devs let the pvpers decide what was right.
    Right now we have the LE guys dictating how everyone will experience NC. You cannot have white without black. Even if people dont realize it. Being ganked and scammed makes you emotionally involved and therefore adds to the experience and draws you in. Holding hands in P1 and treating NC as a chatroom is disgusting.

Yea I remember when the LE would pop out after hitting a certain level. It was never meant to be a permanent thing for a characters life, yet that's what it is for some people.

So it's story time(lol), I saw something new last night. I was farming firemobs, I start seeing firemobs die and see this guy in local (no-LE) but can't find him anywhere. Meanwhile I see this LE player on a quad going around to each firemob that dies and sitting on top of it until he could loot it. SO the no-LE guy was on a mountain unreachable without a vehicle, which I mean whatever but the fact that he had an LE guy driving around looting the stuff he killed infuriated me. I tell the guy in zone chat that he's exploiting the system, so he leaves and comes back with a rhino (LE driver/no-LE gunner). I don't even need to say more about it.

When is this shit gonna stop?

I vote for "let's change LE how it used to be" (see gostly's post for explanation)

Quote Originally Posted by gostly View Post
    Yea I remember when the LE would pop out after hitting a certain level.
    it never did. maybe in pre-alpha, as i wasnt playing NC back then. bonus: now we have evidence you were playing under influence.

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

How about making it that you can't drive over corpses?

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis.at View Post
    How about making it that you can't drive over corpses?
    Next patch any vehicle, LE or not can be blown up by Non-LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Next patch any vehicle, LE or not can be blown up by Non-LE.
    Fine.... and they WILL blown up, regardless blocking corpses

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast